thedrifter
12-02-05, 03:14 PM
'Merry Christmas' to the ACLU <br />
Posted: December 2, 2005 <br />
1:00 a.m. Eastern <br />
By Kevin McCullough <br />
WorldNetDaily.com <br />
<br />
For the last 10 years, there has been an annual rite of passage that Americans...

hrscowboy
12-02-05, 03:34 PM
Yeppers jarheads momma and myself are gonna do this just to crank these folks up. Come on Jarheads Sic em.. Semper Fi orahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OLE SARG
12-02-05, 04:20 PM
Merry Christmas Aclu!!!!
Merry Christmas Aclu!!!!
Merry Christmas Aclu!!!!
Merry Christmas Aclu!!!!
Merry Christmas Aclu!!!!
Merry Christmas Aclu!!!!
Merry Christmas Aclu!!!!
Oh, And Before I Forget, Kiss My Arse Aclu!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ssseeemmmpppeeerrr Fffiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, Yeh, Merry Christmas Aclu!!!!!!

Ole Sarg

yellowwing
12-02-05, 05:17 PM
Sears Online has posted their Holiday Shipping schedule. "Holiday" is also exclusively used at Amazon.com, ToysRUs.com, and Target.com. Wal-Mart is advertising Holiday Decor and Holiday Gift Cards.

Man the ballista, we got ACLU at the perimeter!

thedrifter
12-02-05, 06:59 PM
Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown

December 2, 2005
by Tom Purcell

Good grief.

It's been 40 years since the Charlie Brown Christmas Special first aired. It will be broadcast again Tuesday night, and the show holds more power over me now than it did when I was a kid. Now I know why.

In the late 1950's and early 1960's, Americans, bolstered by America's stability and prosperity, married young and had large families. In my neighborhood, we had six, the Kreigers five, the Gillens four, the Greenaways four and so on.

The design was simple then: a man and woman believed that when they married they became one under God. They believed their role was to sacrifice for their children, so their children could have better lives than they.

Their mission was to teach their kids good values and to provide them with an excellent education. That's why most of the families in my suburban neighborhood moved there to be close to St. Germaine's Catholic Church and School.

It was a traditional time, to be sure. Most of the dads went off to work while most of the moms kept an eye on the homes and the neighborhood. And though life for adults then had its limitations and challenges, there was no better time to be a kid. Especially during Christmas.

At Catholic school, we kicked off Christmas preparations one month before the big day. We put up Christmas decorations, sold items to raise money for the needy and practiced for Christmas concerts (we sang real Christmas songs, too, such as "Silent Night" and "Hark the Herald Angels Sing").

We were just as busy at home. My mother was a master at building up the suspense. She played Mitch Miller's Christmas records on the stereo most nights after dinner, and whistled to the tunes while we hung decorations and talked over what to get for each other. We probed her to find out what our gifts might be, but she never budged an inch.

Silly as it may sound today, the television Christmas specials were a real event at our home. We all packed into the family room and plugged in the tree. We turned off all the lamps so that the Christmas lights would shine bright, and then we'd wait with great anticipation for the shows to start.

Every year I laughed hard when the little dog, with antlers strapped to his head, jumped up on the back of the sleigh, causing the Grinch to grimace. In Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, the Abominable Snowman terrified me every year, but I was relieved every year when he turned out to be a lovable fuzzball.

But the granddaddy of the shows was the Charlie Brown Christmas special. As it goes, Charlie Brown is depressed because everyone around fails to see the true meaning of Christmas. Lucy complains that she doesn't want stupid toys or a bicycle or clothes for Christmas, but real estate.

To resolve his depression, he throws himself into work as the director of the Christmas play. But that soon falls apart, too. Distraught, he follows a light in the east and finds his way to a Christmas tree lot. The only tree he can find is a small, sickly one.

When he brings it back, the others mock him. But then Linus comes to the rescue. Linus tells Charlie Brown he knows the real meaning of Christmas. He tells the story of Christ's birth.

"Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, goodwill toward men," he says, quoting from the Bible.

Suddenly, the other characters become compassionate and warm. They decorate the tree and transform it into a thing of beauty. They wish Charlie Brown a Merry Christmas and sing a real Christmas carol.

I love this show because it brings back powerful childhood memories, but I love it for another reason. Despite the fact that Christmas is based on the birth of Christ, a historical figure - despite the fact that the show's innocence, simplicity and honesty still make it a ratings winner - it would never be made today.

Good grief.

Ellie

hrscowboy
12-02-05, 07:25 PM
ok my three christmas cards to these jerk offs are in the Mail ....

OLE SARG
12-02-05, 07:47 PM
So are mine hrscowboy.

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

BOOGIEMAN44
12-02-05, 08:11 PM
Count Me In As Well, Thanks To Certain " Groups " Our Children Can Pay For There Lunch With A Dollar That Says " In God We Trust " But Are Not Allowed To Pray Before Eating It, I'll Help Any Way I Can To Shake Them Up... Semper Fi.

ivalis
12-02-05, 09:07 PM
where do people get the idea that a kid can't pray at school.

bunch of right wing propaganda.

ORGANIZED prayer is illegal, individual prayer is not.

greensideout
12-02-05, 09:23 PM
where do people get the idea that a kid can't pray at school.

bunch of right wing propaganda.

ORGANIZED prayer is illegal, individual prayer is not.

Let's be careful to not let people that pray ORGANIZE! The next thing that you know, they will want to call Christmas, Christmas!

Arlene Horton
12-02-05, 09:57 PM
:yes: You betcha' I'll be sending those moroffs a few very religious cards. They've been sending me labels & applications to join their scurvy crew. No way....Christmas is a very special day in our family. We all set up a Christmas Creche as well as the tree & decorations and attending a religious service is very important to honor Christ's birth. Those poor souls have a lot to answer for when they meet their Maker. Semper Fi

thedrifter
12-04-05, 12:40 PM
Christmas Under Siege From Secular Forces
by Bill O'Reilly
Posted Dec 4, 2005

Corporate America should get down on its knees and thank God that the baby Jesus was born 2,000 plus years ago. OK, how many people did I offend with that first sentence? Let's see, I mentioned praying to God, the baby Jesus, and even hinted at the celebration of Christmas. Totally out of line, don't you think?

The federal holiday of Christmas is once again under siege this year by secular forces that want to wipe out any public display of America's Judeo-Christian traditions. And what a problematic situation this has become, especially for big business. Sears and Kmart will absolutely not mention the word "Christmas" in advertising this year. Wal-Mart will not either, along with scores of other retail stores. The reason these operations give for avoiding the C-word is that they don't want to offend anyone by mentioning a holiday they might not celebrate. These stores believe the greeting "Happy Holidays" is more "inclusive," although I'm sure there are some Americans who don't believe in any holidays, so what about them?

Frankly, the executives who have banished Christmas from their advertising are insane. By doing that, they are offending tens of millions of traditional Americans who respect the Christmas season and want it called exactly what it is -- Christmas.

Back in 1870, President U.S. Grant signed a law making Christmas a holiday for all American citizens. That's why you have the day off. That's why no mail is delivered. Santa is the only designated delivery guy on Dec. 25. Can I say Santa? Is that inclusive?

There is a huge backlash brewing on this Christmas deal. Judging from reaction to my reporting on television and radio, millions of Americans have had enough of denigrating the birth of Jesus. The holiday honors peace and generosity in the name of a great philosopher who has had a tremendous influence on the USA. Eighty-five percent of Americans call themselves Christians, and believe me, many of them are not happy with "Happy Holidays" as the imposed greeting of the season.

Federated Department Stores (that's Macy's, Bloomingdale's and others) learned its lesson last year when it pushed the "Merry Christmas" greeting out the door and sales suffered. This year, Federated is back in the Christmas spirit, so to speak, using "Merry Christmas" along with other seasonal greetings to advertise stuff.

It's all so blatantly dumb. All these corporate geniuses have to do is incorporate all the greetings into the store brochures and displays. Most Christians are more than happy to acknowledge Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Happy Winter Time or whatever. Use them all, and to all a good night.

But no. The incredibly dense grinches that run many American companies are so infected with political correctness, so afraid somebody might complain about the word "Christmas" that they throw the baby Jesus out with the bathwater.

Well, humbug. You do that -- I'm shopping elsewhere. Three wise men once came bearing gifts to honor a baby who would grow up to bring a great message to the world. If corporate chieftains are not wise enough to honor that message as well, they don't deserve any Christmas cheer. Simple as that.

Ellie

3ngin33r1
12-04-05, 09:14 PM
From what I can see, you all agree that the ACLU shouldn't be performing their current actions.

Agreeing with their actions or not doesn't really matter, you have to give the ACLU some credit, they are using our system to accomplish their goals in the way it was intended to be used. With political activism.

Sending them Christmas cards isn't really going to accomplish much, perhaps you should be spending that postage on a letter to your representatives instead.

thedrifter
12-05-05, 08:11 AM
Christmas: Going, Going ... Gone? <br />
by Don Feder <br />
Posted Dec 5, 2005 <br />
<br />
Christmas music of the future: &quot;Have Yourself A Merry Little Holiday,&quot; &quot;I'm Dreaming of a White Holiday,&quot; &quot;I'll Be Home For...

thedrifter
12-05-05, 07:52 PM
No, Virginia, There Is No More Christmas
December 1, 2005

Oh, well. It was great while it lasted. Who will forget the joys of decorating the tree, downing the eggnog, opening Christmas cards, singing carols, putting milk and cookies out for Santa, opening presents on Christmas morning, and joining family and friends for Christmas dinner? Too bad it’s gone forever.

Haven’t you heard? If you believe Fox News, this is the last Christmas we’ll ever enjoy. We’ll be lucky even to celebrate this one. Because, according to Faux News, Christmas is under attack. There’s a war on Christmas. For Christians, the most important day of the year, the birthday of Jesus, is being trampled upon by liberals, secularists, atheists, heathens, Wiccans and Democrats.

“All over the country, Christmas is taking flak,” warns Fox’s phone-sex expert, Bill O’Reilly. “Ten years ago, almost everybody said Merry Christmas in America,” he laments, “but now that’s changed. It is ‘Happy Holiday’ time. Christmas is a forbidden word to some.” Pat Buchanan, the only conservative not on Fox, adds: “What we are witnessing here are hate crimes against Christianity.”

Hogwash. If you believe that nonsense, you also believe that Fox News is “fair and balanced.” This is the second year in a row that Fox has decided to boost its winter ratings by accusing liberals of waging war on Christmas. And also the second year they’re joined by religious-right extremists, who seem possessed by some kind of dark, Messianic complex. They’re not happy unless they believe someone’s nailing them to the cross.

Look, I’m the biggest Christmas junkie of all. I love Christmas. Ask my wife and kids. I always go overboard in celebrating Christmas. I want the biggest tree, the nicest presents, the most parties — and I can’t stop myself from going way over budget. Yes, I still believe in Santa Claus. I never get tired of singing the familiar carols. If I thought anybody was trying to steal Christmas, I’d be the first one to man the barricades.

But it’s just not happening. It’s a phony issue. There is no war on Christmas. Look around you. Stores are full of Christmas decorations. Corner lots are selling Christmas trees. Postmen are already delivering Christmas cards. Homes are lit up with Christmas lights. Schools, businesses and government offices are preparing to shut down for the Christmas break. America’s as Christmasy as ever.

In fact, I’ve only heard O’Reilly give two reasons why he and other Foxies believe Christmas is under siege: Some store clerks say “Happy Holidays” instead of “Merry Christmas;” and some cities feature “holiday trees” instead of Christmas trees. Pardon my French, but big freakin’ deal. If hearing someone say “Happy Holidays” undermines your Christian faith, you’ve got problems even the Blessed Mother couldn’t fix. And, besides, not all Americans are Christians. Not everybody celebrates Christmas. But all Americans do celebrate the holidays. Wishing someone “Happy Holidays” is no attack on Christianity, but it is a recognition of America’s diversity.

And what do Christmas trees have to do with the birth of Christ? Absolutely nothing. There was not one Christmas tree in all of Palestine. Originally, the fir tree was revered by pagans as a symbol of male fertility. In the seventh century, a German monk converted it into a symbol of the Holy Trinity, and urged Christians to hang it in their homes – upside down! No matter what you call it, in no way does the Christmas tree, or holiday tree, symbolize the true meaning of Christmas: God made man, born of a virgin, in a humble manger.

No matter how wrong they are, however, Fox is not the first to announce that Christmas is under attack. The last time was back in the 1950s, when leaders of the far-right John Birch Society blamed an anti-Christmas campaign on communists. But they were only echoing Henry Ford, who warned Americans in 1921 that Christmas was being stolen by the Jews. Fox is today’s John Birch and Henry Ford.

I’m not accusing members of Fox News, or their comrades on the religious right, of being anti-Semitic. But they do manifest the same intolerance as the Birchers and Ford, and the same level of paranoia: Just because not everybody looks, thinks, talks and prays like them, there’s something wrong with America.

No, there’s nothing wrong with Americans being different. Our diversity is what makes us a great country. Happy Holidays!

Ellie

T

3ngin33r1
12-05-05, 07:59 PM
Good to see the postings of your own original thoughts and opinions...

greensideout
12-05-05, 08:35 PM
Did you write that Ellie?

thedrifter
12-06-05, 06:52 AM
PC Denies Holiday Reality
By Mike Bayham
December 6, 2005

The leaves have fallen. There's a cool breeze outside. And I can't find a decent parking spot at the mall.

Ah the joys of holiday season!

What holiday in particular? Well there's Hanukkah, a religious celebration commemorating the uprising by the Maccabees in Judea against their pagan Assyrian conquerors, but society at large tends to simply recognize it as the lighting of nine candles for mysterious reasons or worse yet that Hanukkah is just the "Jewish Christmas." And then there is my favorite, Kwanzaa, a sham holiday that gives Festivus a sense of legitimacy...after all the latter was not invented by a convicted felon.

Conduct a nationwide poll about the details of the Kwanzaa and Festivus and my money is on more people having knowledge of Frank Costanza's celebration best known for its feats of strength, airing of grievances, and its centerpiece ornament, the aluminum Festivus pole, than they do about Kwanzaa, which is only 40 years older than Festivus. The main difference between Festivus and Kwanzaa is that one was intended to make people laugh and the other is just a joke.

What bothers me most about Kwanzaa, aside from its artificial nature, creation by a racial militant who tortured two black women, and the outright ludicrousness of the whole deal (web site) is that it is given more reverence by the media, Hollywood, and politicians than the second holiest day in the West's predominant faith.

I remember watching Bad Santa, surely not an accurate barometer of modern society (or is it?) and hearing a background announcement at the mall the Billy Bob Thornton character was about to rob wishing its patrons a happy Hanukkah, a joyous Kwanzaa, and a happy holiday season. That they left out one important proper named holiday in particular offended me more than all of the profanities and vulgar references in the film, and there were many.

It is truly sad that the most recognized holiday in Western Civilization is now the holiday that none dares speak its name.

Now it appears House Speaker Denny "Go To Hell New Orleans" Hastert is having a "mad as hell and not going to take it anymore" moment by demanding that the "holiday tree" outside of the Capitol be officially referred to as a Chri...well you know...tree.

Even the Democratic mayor of Boston is hopping over the political correcting of his city's "seasonal tree." The Canadian who donated the tree was so incensed that his timber was having its name shivered into common noun status that he publicly stated his regret for cutting it down.

And though we are weeks from December 25th, you can bet your red stockings that ACLU lawyers are busy applying their war paint as they giddily begin their assault on public schools from Omaha to Wilmington to save children from being compelled to sing and/or listen to "Silent Night" or "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town," since the subject of the song is a reference to Saint Nicholas, a revered figure in the Eastern Orthodox Church.

Of course the ACLU will only be able to spring into action if some atheist divorcee drops a nickel on the school, thus relegating his or her child to more school yard taunting than the unfortunate grade schooler with the surname Slutsky.

Yet despite the success of liberals and anti-Christians there is one Gibraltar of reality they can't crack: turning December 25th into just another day of the week. Lawyers might rid the educational system of "Joy to the World," merchandisers can assign any secular moniker they wish to their turbo sale time, but they will never get mail delivered or garbage picked up on that particular day.

That government shuts down and most businesses aren't open on December 25th is reality's recognition that the day is special even if it isn't observed by one and all.

And since there seems to be a national, unspoken conspiracy against going to work that day why can't department stores name their "Holiday Season Sale" a "Christmas Sale" and government refer to their giant, green needle-bearing tree a Christmas tree without threat of litigation? And in the likely event public entities do get sued, they should have the chestnuts to stand up to such anti-Christian grinches.

Ellie

thedrifter
12-06-05, 06:53 AM
Defending Christmas <br />
By David Huntwork <br />
December 6, 2005 <br />
<br />
&quot;All the Whos down in Whoville liked Christmas a lot, but the Grinch, who lived just north of Whoville, did not&quot;. -Dr. Seuss <br />
<br />
It is the...

3ngin33r1
12-06-05, 10:06 AM
I know I'm new here and all and I thought this would be a community worth checking out and being part of.

It's too bad that there is such a constant drone of redundant annoyance from posting information written by someone else.

I went through numerous threads and that's all I see in a majority of them, not much real dialog.

I'll hang out and for a little while longer and see if anything better comes up but I can't see sticking around just to read articles I could have found myself by Googling.

yellowwing
12-06-05, 11:36 AM
If FOX is going to run a whole series of articles on the "War on Christmas" they should tell the Marketing Department! :banana:
http://www.ywg-web.com/images/fox-holiday.jpg

They have finally changed it to Christmas Ornaments. But it makes you wonder why they are trying whip up the angst and fear!

The vast majority of American are Christian. But the Right is using this to instill fear that they are an endangered species.

Hey FOX NEWS, there is a real War going on. Christmas has nothing to do with it.

3ngin33r1
12-06-05, 12:00 PM
82% I believe is the latest number for "Christian" Americans.

2.1 billion worldwide... More than any other.

germe1967
12-06-05, 01:09 PM
Yes, I think that's a great idea. Nothing ticks off a lefty liberal wacko more than excersizing your freedom of speech when it disagrees with them. (You know, according to the ACLU, the only people with freedom of speech are the liberal media and pornographers)

Another step you can take is to support their arch-nemisis. The American Center for Law and Justice. www.aclj.org

junker316
12-06-05, 02:44 PM
alrighty then...The War is on and the ACLU is in my sights. Cards are mailed out and I'm still mailing more.

greensideout
12-06-05, 10:52 PM
I know I'm new here and all and I thought this would be a community worth checking out and being part of.

It's too bad that there is such a constant drone of redundant annoyance from posting information written by someone else.

I went through numerous threads and that's all I see in a majority of them, not much real dialog.

I'll hang out and for a little while longer and see if anything better comes up but I can't see sticking around just to read articles I could have found myself by Googling.

Sad but true 3ngin33r1. You write something and then Ellie's "Dump truck of info" covers it up.
The last guy to complain about that got the boot. We may too. ;)
Marines on the edge---as it should be.

Semper Fi,
GSO

thedrifter
12-07-05, 07:19 AM
GSO..Never cover up...Just add to the topic...but I read all posts.. <br />
<br />
<br />
Ghosts of Christmas Presence II <br />
By Lisa Fabrizio <br />
Published 12/7/2005 12:05:34 AM <br />
<br />
The other night on...

Wyoming
12-07-05, 07:58 AM
Sad but true 3ngin33r1. You write something and then Ellie's "Dump truck of info" covers it up.
The last guy to complain about that got the boot. We may too. ;)
Marines on the edge---as it should be.

Semper Fi,
GSO

Read it or not, it's your decision.

It generally takes me about a cup and a half of coffee in the morning and it beats the hell out of 'googling' around the Web. Personally I like it. You can always sift through posts pretty quickly.

The thing that gets me is how many bad-asses there are out there. Methinks that sittng behind their computer screen emboldens them quite a bit.

greensideout
12-07-05, 04:00 PM
"Read it or not, it's your decision".

That's not the point that I am making. I could be wrong but when you write a post, as I see it, it gets pushed away so fast that few really see it. Sure it can be dug out but it's gone from the home page. You like it, fine. I don't.
Guess we agree to disagree on that one.

Semper Fi,
GSO

Wyoming
12-08-05, 06:13 AM
GSO - I always utilize the 'View New Posts' feature.

Anyhoo - Semper Fi.

greensideout
12-08-05, 10:09 AM
GSO - I always utilize the 'View New Posts' feature.

Anyhoo - Semper Fi.

Thanks. I guess that it was time for me to learn something new.

Ed Palmer
12-08-05, 11:38 AM
"Merry Christmas ACLU

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/nude_santa1.jpg