PDA

View Full Version : Tr 2

almost
12-01-05, 04:06 PM
a few months ago i went to a Marine recruter,he told me i have a very slim chanch of gettn in the Marine Corps because im homeschooled.after dat,I was talkin to another Marine about it,and he said he had the same problem,he told me to join the national guard for 6 months and then go to the Marine recruter and they would get me in the Marines no problem,so i went to the Army recruters office and they told me i would have to sarve in the guard for 15 months be 4 I could transfer services.Im gettin the run around here I NEED SOME STRIGHT FORWARD ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
has ne1 here been n the same pot im n???? I DESPARTLY NEED HELP, MY LIFE IS THE CORPS,I DONT KNOW WHAT ILL DO IF I DONT GET N.I dont wont to go to the guard,but i would JUST for 6 months.
I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantom Blooper
12-01-05, 05:58 PM
Almost,first start by reading the Poolee thread here on this website. Your question has been asked many times before and has also been answered in these posts by Marines and poolees that have been in the boat you are in or have the knowledge to answer your questions,(PM Sixguns or greensideout for further updates.Or go back to the recruiter and find out exactly what is needed of you.)There is a whole lot of great information in those posts if you take a little time to read and search.

You may consider taking night courses at a local community college to help you get the credits that you need. Since you are being home schooled you should have access to a spelling book,grammar book and a dictionary this should be a start to furthering your education. You may consider using them when posting a question to get some help on this site.

Good luck to you in your quest!

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

thedrifter
12-01-05, 07:06 PM
Thanks Chuck...;)

Ellie

Phantom Blooper
12-01-05, 09:09 PM
Almost, trust me ! You have to go in and do research but they are there. I don't do PM's when I post on a subject. I prefer to answer on board.

"hey Marine,i have been looking for posts somewhat like mine and i cant find ****!!"

If you have to read the whole Poolee Hall of Fame they are there. There have been poolees asking the same question and was given answers to the same. It may not be in the exact wording as your post but it is referring to home school credits and what to do to get accreditation from the Marine Corps and see if a waiver is needed. Read the Poolee threads and you will get your answers.And maybe just maybe you can find ****!! If not after sufficient time come back and ask again.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

almost
12-01-05, 09:15 PM
can do and will do.

jryanjack
12-02-05, 07:17 AM
Nicely worded!

Osotogary
12-02-05, 07:40 AM
1) Absolutely well written Phantom.

2) "hey Marine,i have been looking for posts somewhat like mine and i cant find ****!!"

Phantom, I entered sh*t in the search box and ...you're right, I couldn't find sh*t. LOL

almost
12-02-05, 09:14 AM
ok ok yall had yalls fun,but this is a big ass problem that im trying to get stright.i need to talk to a recruter that has been in the game for a long time,that knows all about the TR 2 problem.or ne body that has been n the same boat.

almost
12-02-05, 11:10 AM
Phantom Blooper,I have looked through ever thing i know of here and i havent found any thing.Theres only 2 pages on the Poolee Hall,i dont know if im just not looking in the right place or its not there? I have looked at ever forum here,i just cant fine it.What am i doing wrong???

jryanjack
12-02-05, 11:34 AM
Almost,

From a quick search of the Poolee Hall forum using the search function there was a thread started on 9/4/02 entitled "Independent Studies?" that gives a lot of information about your question, I believe the thread was started by "futuremarine" I would link the thread but that is beyond my BB skill.

thedrifter
12-02-05, 11:45 AM
Research and You will find more on the subject:yes:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1205&highlight=homeschooled

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2108&highlight=homeschooled

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2108&highlight=homeschooled

Ellie

almost
12-02-05, 12:19 PM
thank u,u dont know how much it means to me to have this info.tkx.
let me get this stright,i need 15 hours of college creadits?how long u think that would be,a year? I got to go talk to my recruter now.

jryanjack
12-02-05, 01:10 PM
Almost,

Couple of things -

1. Try and find out some of these answers yourself! Call whatever college you are thinking about attending and ask them. Colleges don't always do the same things, in some colleges classes are 5 credits each and in others they are 3. Then do the math!

2. Stop using abreviations - in reading your posts again, I just noticed your subject "Tr 2" - and after scanning the posts Ellie gave you realized that you may be referring to Tier 2 - your schooling classification. Remember, most of the Marines on this site are not up on all the latest internet short cuts, so be respectful of us and communicate so we can understand you! By showing respect you will get more assistance and respect back, both from us and from your recruiter.

almost
12-02-05, 01:45 PM
I see your point,but in my defence i really thought that was what it was,tr2.

Phantom Blooper
12-02-05, 05:20 PM
"ok ok yall had yalls fun,but this is a big ass problem that im trying to get stright.i need to talk to a recruter that has been in the game for a long time,that knows all about the TR 2 problem.or ne body that has been n the same boat."

Almost believe me looking up posts to reply on these threads is NO fun for me. I reply and try to mentor to poolees that WANT to HELP themselves and I do enjoy that. But in the same token I have to do my research either through this site, another Marine or military site, the Veterans Administration site or any of the various search engines available. I along with the other Marines that have done their time or are doing the time now expect and will accept NO less from you. You asked and I answered your question.But am I going to do the leg for you...... ? I consider myself to be well versed in a whole lot of subjects and I can also speed and proof read pretty fast. But to read the entire Poolee Hall of Fame and the Mentor thread from the time you logged on yesterday evening asking your question ,logged off and the time you logged on today the fuzzy math in posts in time does not compute. If this is not the case I suggest that you forgo your desire to be one of the finest fighting men and women in the world and take a career at MIT.If you path does lead down the road to the eagle,globe and anchor I will also give you the advice that the drill instructors at the recruit depots,the NCO's,SNCO's and officers in the fleet or wing will guide you but will not do the legwork for you. Since you searched the entire Poolee threads and posts and the Mentor threads and posts you should have run across some of the leadership traits and principles that are expected of a leader.I would suggest that you also look up the definition of initiative and learn how to use it before you come into a site full of underpaid,oversexed,hired killers and start running your mouth.

There have been numerous Marines that have come before me,during my time and after me that deserve the utmost respect from you because they have the title Marine by virtue of blood,sweat and tears that was earned.We were bred by Capt. Samuel Nicholas on November 10,1775 we are not the remnants that ran down his leg.

If you have any more questions I will do my best to answer them for you,if you are sure after doing your own research that these questions have not been answered numerous times before.

BOOGIEMAN44
12-02-05, 06:09 PM
Almost,

2. Stop using abreviations - in reading your posts again, I just noticed your subject "Tr 2" - and after scanning the posts Ellie gave you realized that you may be referring to Tier 2 - your schooling classification. Remember, most of the Marines on this site are not up on all the latest internet short cuts, so be respectful of us and communicate so we can understand you! By showing respect you will get more assistance and respect back, both from us and from your recruiter.

THANK YOU SGT.JRYANJACK, I HAD TO READ ALMOST,S POST AND THEN REREAD IT, TO UNDER STAND IT, I TELL YOU... WHAT HAPPENED TO TELLING IT LIKE IT IS, PLAIN ENGLISH. YOU NEVER BECOME A MARINE, BECUSE SOMEONE ELESE DID YOUR WORK.

BOOGIEMAN44
12-02-05, 06:23 PM
And One More Thing Almost, We Have A Lot Of Women Marines And Women Who Support The Marine Corps On This Site, How About Having Some Respect For Our Sister's And Change Your Bottom Line As To Not Imply Anything. For One Wanting To Get A Ega, One Needs To Start By Getting Some Respect, Or It Will Be A Long Hill To Take.

SgtIntensity
12-03-05, 01:09 AM
agggghghghghghhghg, GET SOME, THEN GET SOME MORE.

Good points BoogieMan44 and all the other Marines in this thread.

Almost...a word of caution... you should really step up your game before you head into boot... Drill Instructors will eat little boys with no respect and/or initiative alive!!

I see a quaterdeck in your future! LMAO.

BOOGIEMAN44
12-03-05, 08:00 AM
A QUATERDECK AND A WHOLE LOT OF BEACH PARTY'S IN ALMOST'S HONOR.
:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
12-03-05, 08:15 AM
A bulletin board is a lot like a public restroom. Many people use it, some mess it up and **** all over it and some treat it with respect.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin: :banana:

almost
12-03-05, 08:12 PM
I was not trying to get anyone to do the leg work for me.I didnt really know what I was looking for or how to search for the info,because im new to this site.I relize now i didnt search the whole poolee thread.I realize now that my question was not phrased in the best of words.I didnt relize that I was disrespecting anyone,if i had knew that I wouldnt have said anything.If I disrespected anyone here,I didnt relize I was and for that i am sorry.I cant explain why i was beening so disrespectfull like that.To the women that have read this,pleas dont get offinded by the words that I have said.
I would like to know what everyone took offence to...?...? I know its time to put away my childesh ways,I thought I had but I know now I havent,and ack like the man i was raised to be if im gonna become a UNITED STATES MARINE.again im sorry if i said anything disrespectfull....thank you for makeing me relize that,and thank you for all the helpfull info.

greensideout
12-03-05, 08:59 PM
"I would like to know what everyone took offence to...?...?"

You are begining to get with the program. You dropped the comment at the bottom of your post. That's good!
You are begining to understand terms like, "Respect". That's good!
You now have said that you do not want to disrespect anyone. That's good!
So that you understand, I don't really care if you respect me or not. That's not the point. I guess that the point learned here is that you show everyone respect until you learn that they haven't earned it. Even then the respectful manner that you deal with them will represent who you are and "maybe" someday represent the Marine that you are.

BOOGIEMAN44
12-03-05, 09:02 PM
Well Step One Has Been Taken... Its Called Respect, For Every Thing You Do Or Say, Will Be Looked At By Everyone Who Do Not Understand What A Marine Is, But You Must Start With Having Respect For Your Self, If You Do, Respect Will Flow To Everyone Else, We As Marines, Are Mean And Nasty To One Person, The Enemy, A Marine Is The Most Feared Fighting Foe On The Planet, But We Show Respect To Our Self, And If You Want An Ega, You Must Learn This.

almost
12-03-05, 09:16 PM
like i said,i cant explane why I acked the way I did.

almost
12-03-05, 09:19 PM
or why I keep misspelling every d*** thing.

almost
12-03-05, 09:21 PM
sorry for the segnature,i didnt change it yet.

BOOGIEMAN44
12-03-05, 09:21 PM
Well, Learn From It, Now Go Forward And Learn. We, As Marines Do Not Mind Helping One Another As Well As Poolees, We Are Here If You Need Help, Do Not Be Afarid To Ask Questions, We Will Point You In The Right Direction, And Send You On Your Way, But We Will Not Hold Your Hand, So, Go Forth Young Man And Prosper.

BOOGIEMAN44
12-03-05, 09:23 PM
I Thought We Talked About That Bottom Line, Get Rid Of It. Thats Being Disrespectful.

almost
12-03-05, 09:33 PM
thats what im working on now,i didnt relize i still had it no there, sorry

BOOGIEMAN44
12-03-05, 11:33 PM
That Is A Better Bottom Line Almost, Now Learn From This.

Phantom Blooper
12-04-05, 06:50 AM
Almost, you are getting with the program and you are on the right track..stay that way!There have been many questions asked by poolees on this site and the Marines always step up to the plate and answer them.Getting pi**ed off and frustrated because you can't find something is a natural human instinct BUT Marines are not fully human so you need to use skills such as perseverance and patience to accomplish your mission.

As I said in my earlier postings there is a whole lot of great information on this site.Read them,use them and LEARN from them. We are not all up on the current Marine Corps recruiting criteria. If there is a question that you have and it was not answered in the Poolee or Mentor threads ask and we will help as much as possible or point you in the right direction.

"or why I keep misspelling every d*** thing."

Maybe if you heed the advice of Daniel Webster and slow down and read what you write you may not make as many mistakes. And Knock off the abbreviations and acronyms. If you make it in the Marines there will be plenty of time for you to do that.

Take heed and good luck!

almost
12-04-05, 07:23 AM
can do.tkx Marines

Phantom Blooper
12-04-05, 08:29 AM
"tkx Marines"

"And Knock off the abbreviations and acronyms."

BOOGIEMAN44
12-04-05, 10:47 AM
Almost, If Your Tired Of " Miss Spelling " Every Thing, Try To Keep A Spell Checker Beside Your Computer, I Know I Don't Spell Every Word Right And There Are Some That Get By Me, But I Do Keep A Spell Checker Next To My Computer, And If I Think It Is Wrong, I Check It, Marines On This Site Are Not Asking For Much If Any, But Respect Will Go A Long Way With Us, If You Think Getting Frustrated On This Site Is Bad For You, Young Man, You Haven't Seen Any Thing Yet, You Make It To Boot, And Your Di's Have You Going In Three Directions At The Same Time And You Don't Know What Way To Go Frist, I Would Love To Be There When You Catch An Attitude With Them, Man I Would Love To See That, Wow!! That Brought Back A Flash From The Past, So, Take A Deep Breath, Remain Calm, We Will Help You, All You Have To Do Is Ask, And We Will Put You On The Right Path, We As Marines Love To Help Our Poolees, Becuse You Are Ours, You Have Choose To Be Part Of The Best Of The Best, And Nothing Is More Greater For Us, Is To Watch Our Poolees Grow, Learn And Become A United States Marine, And Tell Them, " Welcome To The Brother Hood " And If You Make It There, You Will Look Back And Understand What We All Have Told You Over The Last Few Days, I Wish You The Best Of Luck In Your Quest, And Always Remember What You Have Learned, And If You Want Your Ega, It Starts Here, You Must Start Walking, Talking And Acting Like A Marine, Every Thing You Do Say, And Act Like, As Long As Every One Know's You Want To Be A Marine, They Will Start Watching You To See How You Are Going To React, They Will Scrutinize You, But Do Not Show Frustration, Thats Why We Always Say, " Adapt, Improvise And OVERCOME " That's Just Not A Motto, That's A Way Of Life For A Marine, The Ability To Overcome Any Thing That Is Thrown At Us.... Still Think Your Up To The Challenge???

Phantom Blooper
12-04-05, 11:06 AM
BOOGIEMAN44,Excellent advice! I was going to mention a spell checker but what concerns me most is the abbreviations for different words. ur understanding dat? ne1 taught me this way when I was in grammar school or high school. Because as said above we all misspell words at times. I guess its the generation thing with computer lingo but I don't like it. Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

BOOGIEMAN44
12-04-05, 11:19 AM
Phantom Blooper, I Do Agree, All The Abbreviations Have Got To Go, When I Was Reading Almost's Post, At Time's I Had To Ask My 15 YEAR OLD Daughter What He Was Saying...lol, That Is Bad. But I Do Think We Have Almost On The Right Track Now...I Hope.

almost
12-04-05, 04:36 PM
just to put it out there,im just so use to using them at work and all,i do it and not realize it.just to put it out there.

almost
12-07-05, 07:09 PM
Well Marines,it looks like its off to college to get me a 15 credit hour education,LOL!
Semper Fi!!

Wyoming
12-08-05, 06:22 AM
Acronyms and lack of punctuation and capitalization cause me to breeze right on through a post without reading.

I try to check all my replies/posts. Sometimes things get by me, but I can generally pick it up when I do the 'Preview Post'. The biggest help, is copying stuff over to Word and letting the spelcheker do it's thing.

Wyoming
12-08-05, 06:55 AM
You put the blame on home schooling. I put the blame squarely on you and your 'teacher'. Quite obviously you got away with a ton of crap while being 'home-schooled'. Does home-schooling go all the way through high school? Interesting. 'Grades' have to be submitted to the State BOE when you are home-schooled. You did pass didn't you?

You put the blame on your 'job', because that's the way you do it there. Gimme a break. You are 17. You are in construction. A 17 year old kid in construction is doing the most menial labor available. The construction industry is a proud and worthy profession. You have just dumped your problems squarely on them.

When you wrote - 'just to put it out there,im just so use to using them at work and all,i do it and not realize it.just to put it out there' - doesn't show me much more than a kid who can't operate without text-messaging and IM'ing to his pals. The Marines have a funny way of putting stuff into print, but this ain't it.

My gut feeling is that you won't make it through your quest to be a Marine, much less 15 hours credit in college. NO way you'll be able to get in or apply legibily.

BOOGIEMAN44
12-08-05, 07:44 PM
Big "al", I Dont Mean To Pry..., Oh Who Am I Kidding, Yes I Do... Where Is Southwest Jawja?? Just Wondering, Mark

almost
12-08-05, 08:45 PM
Theres a lot of things you will never know about me.One thing I will tell you is,im gonna be a Marine if it kills me!!!Never underestamate ME,I WILL prove you WRONG ever time!! I aint trying to dump my problems on nobody,I was just saying I have to do alot of abbreviating at work.Yes,if they say I dont pass then there aint no damn way im gonna go to the next grade,and hell no I cant get away with nothing.Sounds to me like your just trying to put somebody down.I dont do any text messaging at all because im allways at WORK OR IN SCHOOL,I bearly have time to be on here now!! Ohh,so are you saying I dont do nothing at work??????? You are badly mistaken Marine!!One more thing befor I get off of here,DONT TELL ME I CAINT OR AINT GONNA MAKE IT IN THE MARINES,YOU WILL BE BADLY MISTAKEN AGAIN.

yellowwing
12-08-05, 09:34 PM
Now its your job to prove us wrong!. Dig in an do everything you can.

Wyoming
12-09-05, 06:49 AM
Big "al", I Dont Mean To Pry..., Oh Who Am I Kidding, Yes I Do... Where Is Southwest Jawja?? Just Wondering, Mark
Being a native Texan, I really thought I had an accent, that is until I moved to Southwest Jawja. I do still have an accent but these Jawja peaches, have honey dripping off their accents. True Southern Belles. Jawja? Above, Flawda. We're the state where the Masters is played.

Wyoming
12-09-05, 07:04 AM
Theres a lot of things you will never know about me.One thing I will tell you is,im gonna be a Marine if it kills me!!!Never underestamate ME,I WILL prove you WRONG ever time!! I aint trying to dump my problems on nobody,I was just saying I have to do alot of abbreviating at work.Yes,if they say I dont pass then there aint no damn way im gonna go to the next grade,and hell no I cant get away with nothing.Sounds to me like your just trying to put somebody down.I dont do any text messaging at all because im allways at WORK OR IN SCHOOL,I bearly have time to be on here now!! Ohh,so are you saying I dont do nothing at work??????? You are badly mistaken Marine!!One more thing befor I get off of here,DONT TELL ME I CAINT OR AINT GONNA MAKE IT IN THE MARINES,YOU WILL BE BADLY MISTAKEN AGAIN.

A Poolee with an attitude. The DI's are going to have a field day with you, IF, and this is a big IF, if you make it to the footprints.

Anyway, go for it. As yellowwing says, 'prove us wrong'. Prove me wrong. When the day comes, I'll congratulate you, break bread, drink wine with you and call you 'Brother'.

Until then, try studying. Improve yourself. Otherwise, you're going to be wearing a nail pouch for a long time.

almost
12-09-05, 08:01 PM
I think ill tune it down a hell of a lot when I get to boot camp.

Wyoming
12-10-05, 09:10 AM
I think ill tune it down a hell of a lot when I get to boot camp.

Think about it Kid, you still ain't there yet.

BOOGIEMAN44
12-10-05, 09:52 AM
Big " Al " So You Live In Augusta Ga. Thats Where The Masters Is Played, I Work There, And Deliver TO THE AUGUSTA NATIONAL On A Weekly Basis. Let Me Know If I Was Right... Almost You Have A Lot To Learn, Keep Digging.

Wyoming
12-10-05, 10:49 AM
I live in the Southwest corner of Georgia. Bainbridge, in Decatur County, about 30 NW of Tallahassee, Florida. Not as crowded or congested down here.

Windle
12-23-05, 12:17 PM
Almost, if you get some focus and want a little extra opportunity, perhaps pursue an associate's degree at a community college before you enlist. The Corps awards those who enhance themselves, as smarter Marines make better Marines.

Case in point; I have a year of college under my belt, and because I held a solid GPA while I was there, I will hit the yellow footprints getting paid as an E-2 and will graduate from boot as a Pfc.

Education is NEVER a bad thing.

CrazyBrave83
12-25-05, 08:11 PM
Learn to spell, not only on the forums but for your own sake. If you're trying to make a claim that your home-schooling was just as beneficial as public or private schooling, your spelling will probably be a red flag.

On that note, good luck to you.

almost
01-15-06, 01:26 PM
thank yall for all of yalls advice.I just got into college,every thing looks good right now.I hope to be in the Marines by December,im working with my recruter to make sure that happens.

BOOGIEMAN44
01-15-06, 01:36 PM
Well I'm Glad You Finely Got Going In The Right Direction, Now Take All Of The Advice That You Have Recived On This Thead And Use It To Your Advantage, I Wish You Good Luck On Your Quest To Become One Of The Best, A United States Marine.

Phantom Blooper
01-17-06, 05:02 PM
Almost, I'm glad to hear that you have your head and shoulders wired almost to your ass. Good luck in college and I hope that you get the credits that you need to succeed with this venture in your life.

When you get your money for your books if you went with any PEL grants or any grants that helps you with school I still strongly suggest that you invest in a Funk & Wagnallsdictionary if you have funds left.Or go online and download a free spell checker.

Good luck and stay in school to get an education not to see who can party the most.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall:evilgrin:

GySgtRet
01-17-06, 05:30 PM
Phantom Blooper,

I think that is also called "SWEAT EQUITY" OORAH to the recruit depots. Get er done son you have some work to do.

almost,

I am no english major. You have some serious work to get yourself up to speed. I assess you at about a CAT4 maybe.

Phantom Blooper
01-18-06, 07:39 AM
If you have ever wondered what abbreviations for college degrees mean, perhaps this will help.

BS = Bull Sh*t

MS = More Sh*t

PhD = Piled Higher and Deeper

Hope that helps.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall