PDA

View Full Version : CNN X-tra: What Did I Tell You?

thedrifter
11-29-05, 06:44 AM
CNN X-tra: What Did I Tell You?
Written by Bob Parks
Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Despite what was initially issued, I claimed that there was more to this CNN 'X' Cheney thing.
This now in from Drudge:

CNN OPERATOR FIRED AFTER SUGGESTING 'X' OVER CHENEY WAS 'FREE SPEECH'

“A CNN switchboard operator was fired over the holiday -- after the operator claimed the ‘X’ placed over Vice President's Dick Cheney's face was ‘free speech!’

‘We did it just to make a point. Tell them to stop lying, Bush and Cheney,’ the CNN operator said to a caller. ‘Bring our soldiers home.’

The caller initially phoned the network to complain about the all-news channel flashing an ‘X’ over Cheney as he gave an address live from Washington.

‘Was it not freedom of speech? Yes or No?’ the CNN operator explained.

‘If you don't like it, don't watch.’

Laurie Goldberg, Senior Vice President for Public Relations with CNN, said in a release:

‘A Turner switchboard operator was fired today after we were alerted to a conversation the operator had with a caller in which the operator lost his temper and expressed his personal views -- behavior that was totally inappropriate. His comments did not reflect the views of CNN. We are reaching out to the caller and expressing our deep regret to her and apologizing that she did not get the courtesy entitled to her.’”

"We did it to make a point"?

Who is “we”?

Funny how this whole episode is coming out in drips and drabs. Normally, “bad” news comes out on Fridays so the Sunday morning hacks can have at it all weekend. But since “This is CNN” we're talking about, it came out Sunday night.

If a telephone operator feels free enough to berate a caller, just what must the overall thinking at CNN be?

Time for hearings...?

About the Writer: Bob Parks is a versatile writer, activist, and political campaigner, who currently resides in Boston.

Ellie

junker316
11-29-05, 08:41 AM
CNN is a Bias News Station. They are no better than the rest of them. Like Geraldo Rivera should have been working for them. I am sure that when the Insurgents wanted informationon the Military's morale or location all they did was tune into CNN. CNN has given away our locations and Battle plans to the enemy to many times. Even after being warned that they were in a " NO MEDIA ZONE " or within a " DELIBERATE PLANNING ZONE " and not to broadcast the information. The Reports had been known to draw our position in sand while broadcasting live and do other stupid Sh!& to give information to the Insurgents. CNN, like Geraldo, was banned from being with a Front Line Unit for a short time because of continous actions as mentioned before. Then they would suck up to some Officer who wanted their 15 minutes of glory and low and behold there they were again.

Lessons learned from the this defintely dropped to their employees. They could do whatever they wanted and they wouldn't stay away for long. So why wouldn't an employee berate a caller? That shows the direct intentions of CNN. As long as the program is given access to the War Zone and allowed to be on the Front Lines ( before, during , and after the battle ) they feel privilleged to do as they please. They have also contributed much to the Left Wing Extremists and other Liberal policies by focusing on the negitive aspect of the War and allowing the positive aspect slide by without mention. CNN Reporters are known as " Headhunters " because they focus on trying to find our Military members " doing something wrong " in the heat of battle. So if a Programmer or operator decides to berate some-one then what ios the difference? The reporters do it and I'm sure that the executives do it. Leading by example in the News Room accounts for many of the problems CNN has to date.