PDA

View Full Version : School... full of hippis

Smalcom
11-27-05, 11:27 PM
My school is absolutely full of Hippis and anti-government, anti - military ....people.... and I cant stand it anymore people think im an Idiot for wanting to be a Marine but i dont care... ill be doing what they won't and ill know that ive done something in my life.

any of you poolees have the same kids in your school????:devious:

hrscowboy
11-28-05, 05:25 AM
young man you wouldnt know a hippie if he bit you. sounds to me you got a bunch a scumbags, Maggots, Nastypukes, numbnuts and so on and so on. There hasnt been any hippies since the 60s

ASFAB93
11-28-05, 03:18 PM
The vast majority of my friends might as well be "Green Day" clones. While none would dare call me dumb to my face, I can tell they respect me less for enlisting... which is very sad.

And talking to people for referals is like pulling teeth.

Osotogary
11-28-05, 03:38 PM
hrscowboy,
"There hasnt been any hippies since the 60s" LOL! And they don't play 60s-70s music on the radio either. Actually, Smalcom, hippies are all around you...on school boards, in politics. They are teachers, principals, firemen, priests, moms and dads...they are everywhere and everything. They have assimilated back into the very system they despised and ridiculed when they were younger. You might know one, if he or she bit you on your caboose, because their teeth/dentures might fall out. LOL
Go about your business, as you see fit. Accomplish what you set out to do in practice not theory. I hope that everything goes as well as can be expected for you. Take care now.
Oh, yeah, Smalcom...what's Location: boring place? If you are intent on becoming a US.Marine and do everything that your recruiters prescibe you to do, alonf with your other daily tasks,....you won't be bored. You will be busier than all get out
Gary

Tegan
11-28-05, 04:18 PM
hey smalcom,
I know just the type of people you are talking about. It sucks, BUT we are better because we will be MARINES. Just doing that alone will have earned the respect of most of our elders while the others will be trying their whole lives. Don't worry, as my best friend who is a PFC in oki says" You can take the biggest goof in the Marine Corps and they will still be 110% better than anyone you went to school with thats not a Marine."

gibby1371
11-28-05, 05:11 PM
i believe it, when i went home on boot leave i visited a few of my friends at college and i got jumped by about 3 guys how were complete anti everything American, so i can believe that some kids might think that way. Dont let them get you down or demotivate you just stay away from them they will eventually see the what you will be doing makes a difference and when the are flipping burgers they will think differently.

yellowwing
11-28-05, 06:26 PM
Yup, all of the old school hippies are in their 40s and 50s now.

Smalcom, you will be doing something for yourself and for many others also. 60 years from now those punks at school will not be remembered for thier 'clone' status, but you will always be rememberd as a United States Marine!

junker316
11-28-05, 07:09 PM
Don't worry about the others are saying or thinking about you Smalcolm. When you have seen more places than they have and been to more areas around the world than they could dream of you will have the bragging rights. just being a Marine will give you bragging rights. You will out grow any of them and will see that when you go back on Leave that they are doing the same thing each time and you will be able to tell them your " stories " about what you have done.

As for Hippies, Yellowing has it right. They are in their 40s and 50s but they also still speak out against the military. It has to do with fear. They are afraid that since they were to much a coward to face the War in their younger days that todays War in no different. They continue to preach about freedoms that some-one else died to give them and the freedoms they never earned for themselves. They are content to down everything we do just to try to make themselves feel better. It may be the only way they can come to terms with their cowardness from years ago.

DN17
11-28-05, 07:46 PM
My school is absolutely full of Hippis and anti-government, anti - military ....people.... and I cant stand it anymore people think im an Idiot for wanting to be a Marine but i dont care... ill be doing what they won't and ill know that ive done something in my life.

any of you poolees have the same kids in your school????:devious:

I know how it is, we have them too. Theres this one kid, damn I want to beat the **** out of him. Ive heard him say the military is useless more than once, that anybody that joins is a murderer and some sadistic nut-job.

ivalis
11-28-05, 08:06 PM
DN!&, the fact that ya want to beat the **** out of him kinda confirms his point.

Smalcom
11-28-05, 09:34 PM
exactly right..... these people are ALL AROUND.... and ya just cant shake em i guess... gotta get through it.... and dont worry I WILL.

christine_06
11-28-05, 10:34 PM
Smalcom i know the kind of people that you're talking about, my school is exactally like that but at my school everyone who wants to join the military is all for the army but i don't care what people say i would rather me a Marine instead of a soldier. but know this no matter where you are there will always be people like that around you. just stay focused and keep your head and most importantly don't let what they say get to you cuz what they think and say don't matter cuz the only thing that matters is what you think and do, but if it helps any i know you can make it and you'll probably make a fine Marine.

Smalcom
11-28-05, 11:23 PM
thanks christine... and i will... just gotta brush em off lol

Deviousfred
11-29-05, 10:35 AM
Smalcom,

I know exactly what you are talking about. I was in my fourth year of college when I decided to enlist and all my friends thought I was an idiot for what I was doing. Who the hell are they to judge you just because they don't have the balls to do what you are doing. Keep your head up Poolee!!!

Devious

christine_06
11-29-05, 12:32 PM
anytime Smalcom, just brush them off like it's nothing cuz really they ain't.

Tallboot
12-01-05, 11:17 AM
I think that if u hate this country so much, and its so bad, leave and go to china or any other third world country where u dont decide your future the goverment gives u your job, they tell you where u work and live. They decide your pay ... and in a traditional type of life style you do the same thing that your ancestors did 10 generations ago. On the other hand they only reason you can speak out agianst the goverment in the first place is because People died and gave there life for the constitution, and rights we have today. As well as if we didnt have a military of anytype we would have already been destroyed by any other countrys because no is hear to defend it. They know nothign of what they talk about .. being anti-goverment and **** grow the hell up. Your getting any where in life with out it, and if dont like it think about other countrys that dont have goverment. Like the tribes in africa LOL yea slaves and everything real good order there ... ( sarcastic )

outlaw3179
12-01-05, 11:40 AM
Hippies smell funny ...they give me the creeps.

Tallboot
12-01-05, 12:41 PM
Roger that ... its either a fade to be cool (fags) or really bad influence and lack of discipline

KingDonkeyPunch
12-01-05, 02:12 PM
Hey Smalcom, dont let those people get to you, becuase karma has a funny way of rearing its ugly head in their direction. This is a funny story I like to share with people about when I was teaching self-defense to high school kids of the state department employees while stationed in an embassy in Europe. There was this one little jerk, who I heard as he was coming in the door say, "Oh yay! We get to learn kung fu from the baby killers." Well, this young man was now my voulenteer demonstration dummy for the entire class. It was great, especially when I had to demonstrate pressure point control techniques. So dont worry, they usually get whats coming to them.

VaMarine
12-01-05, 03:22 PM
I normally dont chime in on the forums much and just tend to lurk but saw this as a good way to add a little information to you all..

I grew up in a fairly conservative area of town but went to school with more of the upper class (read rich snobby commie bastards) Well I did JROTC through out high school and caught flak about it every tuesday when we wore our uniforms. But I kept my head up..

At the beginning of my senior year I enlisted in the Marine Corps 1 of 3 from my class to enlist.. 1 of 2 to ship and the only 1 that i know of that made it through to claim the title.

Either way I never really was the lucky one to get the good looking girls or what not and ended up taking a freshman to the Prom. (this was after asking one of the Sophomores on the cheerleading squad who not only laughed at me but pretty much told me in a few choice words that she would never talk to person in the military much less go anywhere with one and as long as i continued to pursue it i could just get lost.) Either way prom comes and goes and i enjoy my summer before shipping to boot camp.. Fast Forward 6 months. Graduated, went to MCT, went to Tech school and came home for Christmas (recruiters assistance)

Walked into the school in the 1st week in January in my dress blues going to see the JROTC instructor and talk to the classes about the Corps. After spending most the day with the instructors i decided to head up stairs low and behold who do i run into.. Yup you guessed the girl that wanted nothing to do with me.. I saw her and just walked right by her.. In about 4 seconds flat she came a running after me to try and talk to me. I think it took her that long to pick her chin up off the floor. Either way.. Needless to say i didnt have a conversation with her besides the normal pleasentries that every gentleman must exchange.

But moral of the story.. the people that talk about you, and give you flak about the decision you made will be the 1st ones trying to talk to you once you get through it.

Most are either scared of you because they dont have what it takes to be a Marine or jealous because you at least are willing to try.

Dont let them keep you down.. Keep your eye on the Prize and you will see.

GySgtRet
12-01-05, 04:14 PM
VAMarine,

I liked your moral to the story. But tell me were you still a gentleman to the young lady...???

CAR
12-01-05, 08:12 PM
Nicely said VaMarine!!

Smalcom,
Sorry to say that these are the sign of our times. Lots of Teachers are mostly liberal loons that have little patriotic feels for the country UNTIL THEIR "RIGHTS" are being violated. They know little of honor, courage and dedication to things greater than themselves. They pass these traits onto many children that just follow like sheep. Those that learn to think only of themselves and never for others.

Marines are a different breed. We fight for each other and fight like hell. We know sacrifice, honor, integrity, esprit de corps, and courage. We are the the ones who despite the "unpopularity" of military, embody what a warrior IS and WILL BE. We are the wolves that keep America safe.

Never you mind what they hippie freeks, wacky liberals, intolerant a*holes say. Know that if you earn the title, you will be one of us, the few, the proud, A wolfe ........... we eat sheep!

VaMarine
12-04-05, 07:04 PM
VAMarine,

I liked your moral to the story. But tell me were you still a gentleman to the young lady...???

I was pleaseant with her and answered the few questions she had that pertained.. (How are you, How do you like it, etc) But chose not to spend my time entertaining her. So Yes I believe i was still a gentleman to her.

Smalcom
12-04-05, 08:10 PM
so i guess the moral of this whole post is to... not give these people the time of day...

SgtIntensity
12-04-05, 11:36 PM
MARINES ARE KILLERS.... AGHGHAHHGAHGH!!!!! NOW SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE!!!!!!

Think that will encourage your friends at school to hate us? Good because they are weak body little sissies anyway. They don't derserve an explanation about what it is you are trying to do! So the next time they give you any crap be sure to tell them to go drink a nice warm cup of 'shut the f*** up!"

Wyoming
12-05-05, 07:55 AM
So the next time they give you any crap be sure to tell them to go drink a nice warm cup of 'shut the f*** up!" Just make sure you can back up your actions. One thing to remember, if push comes to shove, your best offense is a full right fist to the nose with the weight of your entire body behind it. His buddies might cause you to get your arse whupped, but he won't be picking boogiers for a long while.

I married a hippie in '69. Laguna Beach, California. BA in History & MS in Political Science. Worked in a Toy Store. Beautiful tan. Ford SunLiner Convertible with peace signs, etc., etc. Beads for doors in her shared apartment. Candles everywhere. Even a white Cockatoo(sp).

We now have 36 years, 10 months and 5 days behind us (as of today).

How did we/I/she do it? We didn't step on each other's toes and have since moved forward into the 'Boomers' lifestyle. Besides, the sex was, has and is great.

yellowwing
12-05-05, 09:52 AM
I saw this one this morning! :banana:

Devil-Dog
12-07-05, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. When I wear my Marines shirt in my school, I can see them whisper. They're just idiots, they do not respect our country, or the people who fight and die for it. They are in truth, scum. They believe their right, are not gifts, but that they should have them no matter what. They do not say the Pledge of Allegence, or even stand for it. What they do not realize..freedom is not free.

Tallboot
12-07-05, 04:23 PM
Yes they are a piece of ****, they think that they are above the rules of society, but when somthing threatens them where do they go? STRAIGHT to the 1st amendment. They critsize our way of doing things, but when there out of options they come right back to it for a defense its plain ****ing sick.

This one time i was in ISS (in school suspension) and this kid wudnt get up for the pledge and said he had the right to not do it. The teacher printing copies over in the machine, came out of no where and said get your ass out of that seat and put your hand across your heart as long as you are in my country son!!!! He obeyed, but with a afraid face. The teacher pointed his finger in his face and i better see you standing up for the pledge everyday this year lol ... good times ****ing punks

ASFAB93
12-13-05, 03:04 PM
Damn! I wish I'd had that teacher! Mr.Ball, my econ prof, has 2 sons in the Corps... it's really funny whenever some freshman girl disses the Military in his class. Hell hath no Fury and God hath no Balls like Mr. Pat Ball.

Tallboot
12-13-05, 05:40 PM
When i was freshman i cudnt give a crap about the military, or America, i was disrespectful, and didnt care about school. Once you find out your on the path of being a Good for nothing minimum wage ass punk for the rest of your life. I straightend up on my own, learned history and found that people died so i cud sit on my ass for my life and be free, and gave us the land we have today, and the biuldings that are up now ... then the summer of my 11th grade i decided that i was going to be a Real man, a real Marine and hack it and be better then my generation of kids, and most of family. Im on that road today and will never leave it

Roulette
12-13-05, 06:35 PM
Well, times have certainly changed ......having been raised by the hippie generation and growing up during Vietnam I suppose there are still some radical groups who call themselves teenagers meandering the hallways and city sidewalks trying to have an influence of one kind or another. But when I was in highschool the only thing dumb enough to tell my friends they shouldn't become Marines got either whooped on the local baseball field or utterly shuned by all. Good Luck Smalcom I hope your school gets it's head out of the clouds and you find the local support you deserve.

waitingtojoin
12-31-05, 08:54 PM
Well, they may not be hippies. But at my school, almost everybody hates the military (especially the Marine Corps). Of course it ticks me off, but I just laugh at them. Because without the Marine Corps and the rest of the military, they would not be as happy as they are now. But most people at my school can not see this point of view. Heck, my teacher oneday had a peace sign on his door (that he put there) and along with that a poster that said, "Nuke the Whales" or some crap like that. He told us that war was wrong. I wish the people at my school would realize that my teacher had no reason to do that. But of course no one does. I do not know what to do. If you have any thoughts or ideas, please share them. I would really appreciate them, Thank You.

carroll1972
01-01-06, 10:47 AM
Hey Poolee...... <br />
<br />
Man...you got it right .......don't let anyone tell you, YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING.......because if I can all 112 lbs can ...you can......buddy...and if someone tells you that Boot...

yellowwing
01-01-06, 11:09 AM
Outstanding Sgt!

rb1651
01-01-06, 11:51 AM
Don't stop now....

Smalcom
01-01-06, 03:46 PM
wow my post really carried lol

carroll1972
01-02-06, 11:40 AM
When it came my turn to sit in the chair, I think it must have taken that barber 3 swips with those clippers to get my hair off.....I think I was the first man out of the chair, cause as I got out of...

Smalcom
01-02-06, 02:41 PM
GREAT STORY carrol1972, a lot of motivation there, dont worry ill make it, and i would like to hear some stories from other Marines.

CrazyBrave83
01-02-06, 07:32 PM
Smalcom...

Whenever someone gives you grief about your decision...just look them clear in the eye and say "Thank you for the motivation."

These people should be the very reason you'll do well at boot camp. If not to show them that you're willing to protect freedom, whatever the cost...to show them that you're ten times the person they'll ever be.

Rdy2gopoolie
01-19-06, 08:26 PM
WOW!!! THANKS TO ALL THE MARINES AND POOLIES FOR THE MOTIVATION!!! Great story too. ive lost several friends cuz of my decision and get bashed at skew and all i can do is smile and take it to stay out of trouble cuz one day soon i know im going to have the best friends in the world. the USMC. Thanks.

Smalcom
01-21-06, 12:47 PM
Wow my post has carried pretty far... so i guess the moral of this whole thing is to do what you want, dont let anyone stop ya.... the more they think u can't or won't make it the harder you try and come back knowing that you are a Marine, then see what they think. DONT QUIT.....

Baboon
01-21-06, 03:55 PM
I see it as this. While they think you're stupid for joining the Marine Corps, they'll be working their asses off at coffee shops or burger joints complaining about how they need that job to get them through college, while you're strengthening yourself, and getting the best training in the world for the career of your choice for free, and you get paid. By the end of your enlistment, you'll have seen more **** in your 4 or so years in the Marine Corps than they will in their entire lives. Most people die with their lives unfulfilled, but a Marine is not one of them.

HopefulGrunt2Be
01-22-06, 01:02 AM
smalcom, i deal with a lot of "hippies" too. just smile at them....tell them u are glad that you are protecting their freedom.... they act the way they do because they are "anti-war" and "peace activists", Im willing to bet that NO Marine wants war, and EVERY Marine wants peace, in other words, Marines are "anti-war" and "peace activists" too. What these "hippies" dont understand is that if there was no war, if there was no blood shed, if it werent for guys like us doing what we are doing, that they would all be speaking a different language and they would be tortured for expressing their own opinion. ask one of them if he/she would rather be tortured or ignored for b!tching about the military. America allows them to be ignored, not punished. God Bless This Country.

matt-m
01-22-06, 03:56 PM
Plenty of em' in my school...

I don't go around saying I'm enlisting though. The cool thing is though, all my close friends all want to enlist anyways, so I can talk to them about the military instead of the people who just don't understand.

LittleDevilDog
01-22-06, 07:14 PM
This topic has been very helpful to me, because I get my share of the "hippy" and anti-military as well, as my Marine Corps aspirations are well known by my friends.

Luckily, a good handful of my friends respect me for my decision, and defend me when someone gets out of line with disrespecting the Corps.. which sadly, happens commonly by a few disrespectful pukes.

God Bless America, God Bless the Corps. I will serve my country, even if some of my country choose to be blinded by their own foolishness. All the more reason to be stronger in your goals as you guys/gals said.

Tobes03
01-22-06, 11:04 PM
Don’t worry Smalcom, although it may seem like the world is full of dirty hippies there is a silent majority of people in our country who appreciate our service. And for those worthless scumbags that don’t I always think of this quote when I think about them.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill