PDA

View Full Version : Marines shake earth during Dynamic Entry Course

thedrifter
11-21-05, 06:20 PM
Marines shake earth during Dynamic Entry Course <br />
MCB Camp Butler <br />
Story by Lance Cpl. Warren Peace <br />
<br />
CAMP HANSEN, OKINAWA, Japan (Nov. 22, 2005) -- Smoke filled the air and the ground shook as if...

mrbsox
11-22-05, 10:26 AM
In the M.O.U.T. training I play with, they do alot of 'breaching' of door.

You KNOW when they are in your building, and you should see the sawdust afterwards :banana:

Osotogary
11-22-05, 12:37 PM
mrbsox-
When the door is breached, is it done stealthfully or are they told to make as much noise as possible to let the occupants know, psychologically, that they are in for it? Just curious. I guess it would depend on the type of exercise that is being played out.

yellowwing
11-22-05, 12:56 PM
I have not seen any recent US elite documentaries...I did see a relatively new story on Spetsnaz breech operations. Basically, bust in and decisively win the gun fight in 4 seconds or less.

At 5 seconds the wrong people start to get hurt.

mrbsox
11-22-05, 10:14 PM
mrbsox-
When the door is breached, is it done stealthfully or are they told to make as much noise as possible to let the occupants know, psychologically, that they are in for it? Just curious. I guess it would depend on the type of exercise that is being played out.

I'm leaning towards the TYPE of door determines the type of breach, more so than the room. I'm saying that because they do not always know whats on the other side.
It's more likely demolitions on an exterior door, for the shock effect and quick entry as yw said. Interior door seem to get more 12ga breaching.

Of course, when all this is happening, I'm hunkered down waiting to launch a 'hot' hallway. And, they have the windows covered, so were not WATCHING real close :banana: