PDA

View Full Version : Name this criteria.

Osotogary
11-17-05, 12:38 PM
Identify this codified criteria. Offer an opinion.

1) Have been in-country for at least 2 months if on first tour or have served a previous tour.
2) Have a minimum of 6 months remaining on current tour or agree to extend to meet this requirement.
3) Be a volunteer and motivated to live and work with the Vietnamese people.
4) Be a mature, motivated Marine and recommended by his commanding officer.
5) Had no jurisdical punishment within the past 3 months, not more than 1 non-judicial punishment and no court-martials within the past year.
6) Have an average 4.0 marks in conduct and proficiency with last marks at least 4.0.
7) Have not received more than 1 Purple Heart award on current tour.
8) Preferrably a High Shool graduate.

MillRatUSMC
11-17-05, 02:04 PM
Combine Action Group (CAG) Marines that would be part of Combine Action Platoon (CAP).
That had to live and eat with the Vietnamese besides going on patrols.

Osotogary
11-17-05, 02:37 PM
Yes indeed, Ricardo, you are correct.
There is a book in the Broward County, Fla. library system titled: The Combined Action Platoons- The US Marines Other War in Vietnam, written by Michael E. Peterson. It is a pretty interesting read. In a way, it kind of falls in line with a book written by Francis West titled, The Village- CAPS 67-71 in Chu Lai.

I can't remember if the CAPS program remainded totally volunteer or not.

outlaw3179
11-17-05, 03:11 PM
Im not sure if you know but alot of units are using the same CAP programm in Iraq. Basically taking what the Marines did and learned and using it in the same situation . Obviously without the Jungle , but you know what I mean.

Osotogary
11-17-05, 03:25 PM
Outlaw3179-
Makes sense. I hope that personnel levels remain at close to full, if not totally full, while the program is active. That did not happen during the Vietnam war.

JAMarine
11-17-05, 04:58 PM
You're ALIVE!

Nice to see you back Brother.

rich