PDA

View Full Version : Searching for clues

angie2005
11-16-05, 08:37 PM
I am an Aussie trying to get some information on a Marine who served during WWII.
I am not sure where to start .
Can anyone tell me who I can contact to get a Service History on this person ?
I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions......

GySgtRet
11-16-05, 09:22 PM
angie2005,

I wish you luck on your search. Of course you will need his name, place of birth. Any information to include his MOS (what he did in the Corps) duty stations. In some cases people have searched Military.com and found people. This was so lon ago it will be difficult to find. Do you know where in the states he is from?

:qmark:

angie2005
11-17-05, 06:13 AM
Thank you so much for replying to me .
Yes I have All his details his date of birth his home address at the time he served, his rank and his commanding officer's name and rank.
He actually came frome Lowell Massachusetts.
I have quite a bit of information as I have some letters written by him and his Commanding Officer and his Step Father.

GySgtRet
11-17-05, 07:50 AM
angie2005,

It sounds like you have a good start. I would go with the information that you have from his hometown information first. If he came back from the war chances are somebody knows him. There may be public records of his return from WWII. Do a search for his hometown and start from there for the public records via email or snail mail. It will take some time be patient.