PDA

View Full Version : Parris Island Platoon 200 January 1961

Bob Diaz
11-11-05, 12:57 PM
Would like to make contact with Sgt. Ralph G. Lawlor, Senior Drill Instructor, Sgt Hurd, Sgt Watson, Drill Instructors, fellow "house-mouse" Don Lipscomb, or any members of Platoon 200. .................:evilgrin: Semper Fi Brothers

Blazer
11-25-05, 07:49 PM
Bob - Just wondering how they number Platoons? My Dad was graduated Paris Island Platoon 200, but I believe it was 1967? Is that possible? Can there be more than 1 Platoon 200?

VWoody
03-15-09, 06:04 AM
Hi, My Father Clarence W,Woodrum from Kentucky was in that exact platton and also the same year. Do you know him?. My father also mentioned a Doug Valentine and a Harry Miskelly (not sure of the spelling). I am trying to make contact with someone in hopes of my father having a chat with them, just to reminisce. :iwo:

Thank you
Veronica

Jim Hooper
05-10-12, 05:38 PM
Would like to make contact with Sgt. Ralph G. Lawlor, Senior Drill Instructor, Sgt Hurd, Sgt Watson, Drill Instructors, fellow "house-mouse" Don Lipscomb, or any members of Platoon 200. .................:evilgrin: Semper Fi Brothers

I entered the Corps on Jan 19, 1960. We were Platoon 204 and one of my junior DI's was Sgt Lawlor. My recollection is that he was from South Africa. Hard as nails, extremely fair. My fav DI. Others were Sgt Mounce and Sgt Feehly (Airwing).

If this is your DI, you got a great one.

Semper Fi, brother