PDA

View Full Version : Marine and Veteran

Butskie51
11-10-05, 06:45 AM
Today is our 230th birthday;
So, to all past, present and future Marines and their families a big Happy Birthday and Semper Fi Mac! I am ashamed to say there was a time when someone would ask me how many years is it for our beloved Corp? and I would be stumped like a rock. I had no excuse, I was free at the time to women ,wine and song and didn't give a crap about tradititon or anything else except my own B.S.
I was working one day at my job and a lady some how knew I was a former marine and said "happy birthday" and ask the questions how many years, what tavern and city and so on, well I was "EMBARRASSED and ASHAMED" didn't know the answers.The lady even ask " are you going to attend the veterans day parade tomorrow?
I am not even going to touch that one! I should of known she was wife of a Captain( who gave his life in Vietnam ) and she was right and read me the roit act.I thank her today of reminding me to always remember and to never forget why were free, cause freedom isn't free. Tomorrow I am taking my 7 year old son to 5th ave to celebrate, honor and remember to never forget why were free!
Happy Veterans day tomorrow!
My brother in law 2nd Battalion,
4th Marines 3rd Div. FMF 1972
Vietnam LCPL Thomas Clarke
We got your flag bro, and your nephew's
and neice's love you !
OOHRAAH AND SEMPER FI
Clp Dan Fischer 3rd Combat Eng.
Okinawa FMF 1986

thedrifter
11-10-05, 06:48 AM
Happy Birthday, Marines!