PDA

View Full Version : Info...

futuremarine
06-30-02, 11:58 PM
Does anyone know any good websites to find out information on the Marine Corps Police or is there anyone who can help me with that here?

Thanks again!

mpwildes
07-01-02, 10:42 PM
There are none on Marine military police. No good info on that but if you would like to know some stuff jast ask and I can help you out the best I can.

S/F,

USMC0311
07-01-02, 10:54 PM
http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/marineenjobs/blmarineenjobs.htm

mpwildes
07-02-02, 12:05 AM
I stand corrected 0311 posted a good info web site, but good info never the less.. Any questions of anything thats not this site just ask.

Sparrowhawk
07-02-02, 09:13 AM
&lt;B&gt;was back in 1968~69, stationed at Concord Navel Weapons Station, was that wimen loved that uniform. <br />
<br />
Used to stop them for speeding on base and often got to 1st base, a practice I would carry...

mpwildes
07-02-02, 10:37 AM
Sounds like you took the cake that time. You know still today it's an everyday occurance out there. They flock like seagulls on crackers

CAS3
07-02-02, 10:45 AM
Are you boys teaching this poolee the ropes?

I THINK NOT..
It would be wiser for him to want to be a MP for the benefits of the CORPS and when he returns to being a civilan...not the benefits of seducing women!!

MEN
GEEZ...

Sparrowhawk
07-02-02, 11:36 AM
mpwildes

They flock like seagulls on crackers

ROTLMAO

CAS,
If I heard you right you said;

MP for the benefits of the CORPS and .............the benefits of seducing women

There you GO!

I was just teaching em how to do their patrotic duty at home and a broad, I mean overseas...LMAO

USMC0311
07-02-02, 02:08 PM
CAS!!

mpwildes
07-02-02, 05:31 PM
CAS it only make me wonder to know how many times you were pulled over or stopped at the gate huh? In your case it was probably eye candy both ways.

Sixguns
07-03-02, 04:53 PM
I'm sure many of us in here will agree that all Marine Corps training is a great foundation for a life in law enforcement. There are skills and techniques taught to all Marines that make them natural candidates for police departments and other agencies. The fact is, regardless if you served as an MP, you will need to attend someone else's police academy or training program. There are thousands of Marines who leave service each year having not been MPs who are recruited by the DOJ, state and local law enforcement agencies. Probably because they have completed the toughest military training this country has to offer. Probably because every Marine is a trained marksman. Probably because of the character traits, discipline and leadership Marines are known for. Most of these agencies also give credit or points in the testing and hiring process for applicants with military service, regardless of MOS.

Sixguns

mpwildes
07-07-02, 06:08 PM
Indeed if you are in the Marine Corps in general Most police agencies give you a 5 point boost on your exam and also if you are a combat vetran some if not most will give you another 5 points. Good example is a guy I know just got accepted to the California Highway Patrol. A Marine in Motor T, been in a combat zone and is bilingual. so he has got a majr advantage to most applicants. So you don't have to be an MP Just a Marine in any mos does you good.

CHOPPER7199
04-09-05, 12:01 PM
Keep your nose clean while your in. The name Marine, in itself will open doors in police work. Never hurts to know weapons,self defence.