PDA

View Full Version : Hey Frenchie, whats wrong?

yellowwing
11-03-05, 11:51 AM
Shots fired as French riots escalate
Reuters - Thu Nov 3, 2005 (http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyID=2005-11-03T134931Z_01_KNE228332_RTRUKOC_0_UK-FRANCE-RIOTS.xml)
By Paul Carrel
BOBIGNY, France (Reuters) - Rioters shot at police and fire fighter crews in the worst night of a week of violence in poor suburbs that ring Paris, as France's conservative government struggled to quell the unrest.

Youths who rampaged on Wednesday night left a trail of burnt cars, buses and shops in nine suburbs north and east of Paris, home to North African and black African minorities frustrated at their failure to get jobs or recognition in French society.

"It's a dramatic situation. It is very serious and we fear that the events could even get worse tonight," said Francis Masanet, secretary general of the UNSA police trade union.

Rioters torched 177 vehicles and attacked a primary school and shopping centre, local officials said. Four police officers and two firefighters were hurt, including one with facial burns from a Molotov cocktail.

Prefect Jean-Francois Cordet, the government's top official in the Seine-Saint-Denis region, confirmed shots had been fired at police and fire crews in three separate incidents.

"Four live bullets were fired. Two shots were fired at La Courneuve against police. One shot was fired at Noisy-le-Sec against fire crews, and one shot was fired against a fire crew in Saint-Denis," he told a news conference.
[story continues...]

This is Day 7 of their crisis and they are still predicting the worst...how long did the LA Riots last before it waas put down by Federal troops?

thedrifter
11-03-05, 12:16 PM
What started all this?

Two North African teenagers living in Clichy-sous-Bois, Ziad Benna, 17, and Bouna Traoré, 15, died of electric shock when they accidently touched a transformer in an electrical relay substation into which they (and a 21 year old male who survived) climbed while allegedly fleeing police officers. The local prosecutor, François Molins, said that though the two teenagers believed they were being chased, the police were actually chasing other suspects after a reported break-in in the area.

Ellie
I think the French just flunked their 'global test';)

junker316
11-03-05, 02:26 PM
This is funny...the last time I was in France as a tourist they treated me like crap. I went out and bought some paint and brushes and kept them in my back pocket for all to see and then I was treated at least decent. It doesn't matter whether or not these teens were being chased. All that does matter is that they had to be running for a reason. They might have done something that they believed they were being chased for and then, stupidly, climbed to their death of the one stupid a$$. This is why it doesn't make sense that a riot is even going on. The ones fleeing are to blame for their own deaths but it is always easier to blame others for the failures of the ones hugging ignorance.

thedrifter
11-04-05, 06:48 AM
Paris Burning <br />
By Robert Spencer <br />
FrontPageMagazine.com | November 4, 2005 <br />
<br />
Riots have now continued for eight days in and around <br />
Paris. Thursday night, November 3, Muslim rioters burned...

jegries
11-04-05, 09:01 AM
Let me get this right!!! Thet are rioting cause two teenagers who were running from the police and hid in power substation that probably had WARNING HIGH VOLTAGE!!! all over it. They are rioting over this!!! I say they French should repeat history and fire into the mob with rubber bullets. Not enough to kill just to make them limp home. Better yet how about a nice taste of CS gas.

rktect3j
11-04-05, 01:22 PM
The cheese eating surrender monkeys should just give up now. The sooner they do the sooner we can finish it for them.

yellowwing
11-04-05, 03:10 PM
This is getting kind of spooky. The picture below is Paris, it looks like Baghdad when we first started missile strikes.

Osotogary
11-04-05, 03:25 PM
"Is Paris Burning?" 2005 edition.

rktect3j
11-04-05, 03:27 PM
"Is Paris Burning?" 2005 edition.
I'd like to say that it's a start but I am sure they will screw it up in the end anyways.

Ed Palmer
11-04-05, 03:30 PM
I seem to have lost my white flag

Joseph P Carey
11-04-05, 06:59 PM
The French have a problem here. You have got to understand the French Psyche. They don't know who to surrender to!!! This is very upsetting to their leaders, not to have someone to accept their sword.

I seem to remember the comments from the French Leadership when Watts was burning some years ago, something like, "This kind of problem could never happen in France!"

Welcome to our world Frenchie!

Nagalfar
11-04-05, 10:16 PM
Does this mean that the terrorists will be able to buy a lot low priced, going out of business, unfired, dropped once, French arms and weapon systems? or will the French JOIN the rioters and looters like they did with the Nazi's during WW2?

greensideout
11-04-05, 10:52 PM
It's a raghead movement that we should be taking note of. The "current" shot heard around the world was 9-11. This is a continuation of the terror that they will continue around the world.