PDA

View Full Version : Remember That Mushroom Cloud?

thedrifter
11-02-05, 12:39 PM
November 2, 2005 <br />
Editorial <br />
Remember That Mushroom Cloud? <br />
<br />
The indictment of Lewis Libby on charges of lying to a grand jury about the outing of Valerie Wilson has focused attention on the lengths...

junker316
11-02-05, 01:24 PM
Does any-one remember, years ago, the assination attempt on the old George Bush???? The one where Saddam hired some-one and the assian was taken out before he could kill our President? Then Saddam claimed to have derived the plan for revenge against the US President for invading his Allah given right to lay claim to Kuwait because he said it still belonged to Iraq? Does any-one the words that flew out of, then, Governor George Bush's mouth..." I will get even with you, Saddam, no matter what the cost for trying to kill my father". Can any-one else remember this? I can. Because this was shown all over Germany for about a month or longer. This response from our, now, President has again been spread forth from Nations around the world from that date. It doesn't matter whether there were, or are, WMDs in Iraq. He still has the lowest rating in our Governments history for a President. I don't know whether this info was spread across the US or not from the period of history or if it was covered up. Just sharing what was then and commenting for what is now.

Osotogary
11-02-05, 02:13 PM
Remember That Mushroom Cloud?

The only mushroom clouds that I remember, with certainty, were the ones I viewed on newsreels, when I was a weebutt, over Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
I might add that the mushroom cloud, that the above editorial refers, certainly hasn't minimized the loss of American lives. Fight to win, using any method, or don't fight at all. The above editorial, to me, shows me that somebody is not fighting to win. Someone really had to have their head up their patoozie to not "predict the ferocity of the insurgency". Jeez, a little kid, playing cowboys and indians, knows that if you attack the fort or the teepees someone is going to put up a heck of alot of resistance, after all...it's enemy country.
All this flip-flopping of he said, she said, they did, they promised in this year as compared to that year just about shakes my timber. Top that off with the readable lack of intelligence and reasonable analytical predictions and I am beside myself but I'll get over it. I just hate to hear of the loss of American lives and then read editorials like this. Hey, nobody said that I had to read the editorial, did they?