PDA

View Full Version : L/Cpl Shawn Seeley Day

JAMarine
11-02-05, 10:56 AM
Wow! What an honor Shawn.

I was invited by Mr. Charles Seeley to attend the Covington, WA City Council meeting this past evening. The chamber was filled.

The Meeting opened with the presenting of the Colors by the Kent High School MCJROTC Color Guard. They did a Great job.

A Recognition Award was presented to Mr. Seeley, Amanda and Family for Shawn on behalf of the City of Covington. The Mayor proclaimed November 2, 2005 as L/Cpl Shawn Seeley Day.

Damn Shawn, ya got a Day named after you. :yes:

Thanks you Mr. Seeley for the invite. It was an honor attending. It was a pleasure meeting you and Amanda. What a beautiful young lady she is also.

Shawn, we're still 'hookin' in for ya Marine. Keep getting stronger and we'll see ya back home soon.

rich

GySgtRet
11-02-05, 10:59 AM
LCpl Seeley,

Congratulations on the declaration of Shawn Seeley Day.

Semper Fielis

JAMarine
11-02-05, 11:01 AM
Ifn I tip a tinnie each time I hear a congrats for the Marine today I might not be able to go to work this afternoon. :banana:

Thanks for all you do Gunny. Ifn we get a plan together to come visit I surely want the honor of meeting you..

rich

GySgtRet
11-02-05, 11:03 AM
JAMarine,

Likewise here to. Hopefully in the near future this will happen.

Semper Fidelis

:evilgrin:

Osotogary
11-02-05, 11:09 AM
What a great day for the Young Marine. Good news from the State of Washington. Glad that you, JAMarine, brought this momentus day to the forefront. Good news is....always good to hear.
Congratulations from South Florida.

JAMarine
11-02-05, 12:14 PM
Back to the top it goes.

mrbsox
11-02-05, 12:16 PM
Well done, and congrats all around.

When do the commemerative coins come out ?? :banana:

captken
11-02-05, 02:32 PM
Ifn I tip a tinnie each time I hear a congrats for the Marine today I might not be able to go to work this afternoon. :banana:

Thanks for all you do Gunny. Ifn we get a plan together to come visit I surely want the honor of meeting you..

rich

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's an HONOR to meet the Gunny. Hey...I have to work with the guy! Seriously, I'm proud to do so and my hat's off to you, Gunny, for getting/keeping this going.

I'm sloooooowly pushing an event through the bureaucratic red tape at Bethesda that will honor all our Marines and Sailors. As soon as I have any info...IF I ever have any info...I'll post it on one of these threads.

Shawn, congrats on getting a day named after you! And, best of all, congrats on a pain free or at least a low-pain day yesterday. Just take 'er slow and steady as she goes.

ringoffire
11-02-05, 04:24 PM
Congratulations LCpl Seeley, what an honor to have your own day and what a great community you have in WA.

CHOPPER7199
11-02-05, 05:01 PM
Wow, Glad To Hear Things Are Going Good For Our Young Brother. Hmm, Maybe He'll Be Able To Get Out Of There Earlier Than Expected, Sure Keeps The Moto Going As He Has Always Anyways. God Bless All Our Troops.

JAMarine
11-02-05, 05:16 PM
Sir, please make sure if you do plan an event you give us old folks on the left coast enough time to possibly make arrangements to come.

Thanks

rich

captken
11-03-05, 07:51 AM
Sir, please make sure if you do plan an event you give us old folks on the left coast enough time to possibly make arrangements to come.

Thanks

rich

Roger that, JAMarine! Be glad to. I just hope we can pull it off.

captken
11-03-05, 07:57 AM

Thanks

rich

Roger that JAMarine!

By the way I just checked on your birthday and if you're "old folks" what the heck am I?!?

captken
11-09-05, 03:32 PM

Thanks

rich

A week or so ago I said I was trying to push something for the kids through the bureaucracy. Major breakthrough today. On Dec 11 at 7 p.m. the patients from Walter Reed (hopefully joined by those from Bethesda) will attend a special Christmas Concert by the Mormon Choir of Washington, D.C. They will also tour the grounds of the Mormon Temple Visitors' Center to see the fantastic Christmas light display. This is one of the top tourist attractions in the Washington.

The reason I'm more sure about Walter Reed than Bethesda is because WR is a recouperation hospital. In Bethesda the kids have just arrived from Iraq (via Germany) 48-72 hours earlier. They're usually in pretty bad shape and aren't too mobile.

The representatives of both Bethesda and WR were very excited about this. They know the value of getting the kids out of "prison" for a while and the need for something good to happen to them at Christmas.

By itself it's not that big a deal but hopefully it will pave the way for us (the Mormon Choir of Washington, DC) to do more performances for them with some groups that would appeal a little more to them. We're not as big nor as good as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in Salt Lake City but we're well respected here in DC and consistantly put on a pretty good show.

Having said all that I understand that 18-19 year old kids might not want to hear a church choir sing. This fact was lost of some of our members until I put it this way, "These are are young men and women that like country music and shoot people!" I thought a couple of old ladies on the back row were going to pass out when I said that.

If any of you are in the area and can make it please let me know and I'll try to arrange it so you can go in with the kids. I'd like to have plenty of vets around them for emotional support.

Osotogary
11-09-05, 03:48 PM
Good news, captken.
I'm familiar with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir from Salt Lake City. If memory serves me correct the choir sings more than just, what I'll call, "Church Music". I'm sure that your musical program will be splendid, to say the least, and it will be enjoyed by all in attendance. Once again, good work and good news.

Amanda
11-09-05, 04:58 PM
JAMarine! It was very nice to meet you as well, although brief, I am sure I will see you again soon as Shawn is scheduled to come home to Covington sometime after the 16th!! You will have to come visit him! I am sure he would like that.