PDA

View Full Version : Celebrate send out e-cards

thedrifter
11-08-02, 01:16 PM
Don't forget to stop in the Photo Gallery to send out those e-cards to the people you care...........

Marine Corps Birthday.......
http://www.leatherneck.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=514&thumb=1

Veterans Day.......
http://www.leatherneck.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=517&thumb=1

Sempers,

Roger

gwladgarwr
11-08-02, 05:55 PM
Shaffer:

It's been a while since I've logged on - hope I haven't missed anything.

Can't figure out how to send an e-card after all day typing and staring at this screen.

Happy Marine Corps Birthday, Marines.

helen25
11-08-02, 06:59 PM
just wanted to say Happy birthday to all Marines

sempers,
l&r helen

Lock-n-Load
11-08-02, 08:09 PM
Marine from 'Nam...thank you very much for your Marine e-card and sentiments....I have unbounding admiration for your[s] gallant accomplishments while serving in the Fleet Marine Force in Vietnam...I was most fortunate to be trained by combat Marines of WW2...before debarkation to Korea...they saved my a$$, and I believe you were trained by combat Vets from the Korean War who had a lil of the making...you come home ...a survivor too...that's a dramatic part of our Marine camraderie on our Corps' 227th birthday...not just one grouping...but a solid mix/blend of the Marine breed...that came to stay!! Thx...thedrifter and well done, Marine.....Gung-Ho:marine: :marine: :marine:

wrbones
11-08-02, 08:13 PM
Very well said.

I was trained, albeit as a Winger, by combat vets. Both by retreads from the Grunts and by Air Wingers from Viet Nam. I hope I passed some of that along to others.

It is a continuous line of skills, responsibility and esprit passed from Nichols to those who presently serve.

May that chain never be broken.

Happy Birthday, Marines.

Lock-n-Load
11-08-02, 08:29 PM
Thank you, Bones...writing is very easy when it comes from the heart...here's a grenade...w/pin in it...never know when you'll need one..."Get some, Bones"...nothing like CAS to win the Mission on the deck...smooth seas Bones and red skies in the morning, Marine...Happy 227th USMC Birthday to all hands!! Semper Fidelis :marine: :marine: :marine:

spenc
11-09-02, 12:55 AM
Just a friend of a dedicated marine.
Wishing all marines........HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

firstsgtmike
11-09-02, 03:32 AM
To those who sent the e-cards to me, Thank You and Semper Fi.

Forgive me for not responding individually. My creed prevents it.

My family, my friends, my Brothers are remembered on a daily basis. If not then, then whenever a scene, a sound, a sigh, a sob, a color, a sight, or an odor kicks in the memory bank.

Debts are paid, individually or vicariously; appreciation is acknowledged; love, friendship, or thanks is expressed, and the due date on the calendar is ignored.

I have wakened my children to give them something I have selected/purchased for them, and it was five days before Christmas. I wouldn't wait.

The thought was NOW, the feeling was NOW. The expression of that thought and feeling was NOW.

"Thank you for the Christmas fruit cake, I'll put it with the four others from your brothers and sisters. But, where the hell were all of you last month, when I had nothing to eat but dogfood?"

"Hello mom? Happy Mother's Day." "Oh, I'm sorry ......I ....? She died WHEN?"

Bottom line. Don't wait for the calendar!

Thank you,. I miss you,. I love you, I remember ....

and I know that I'm three months and eighteen days early, BUT, I just wanted to say...............

and so I did.
Semper Fi Marines