PDA

View Full Version : Remembrance Day

JAMarine
11-08-02, 04:55 AM
November 11th, Remembrance Day

Some will call it Veteran's Day. This is true. I however use this day for memories. Memories of past and present. Memories of Hero's who have gone before me.

I would like to share this moment as a quiet Remembrance to a Special Person.

I ask for no words of Sympathy, Condolencences or Apologies.

As we Celebrate our 1st Year here on the Web and what a Great Family we've become as well as "Our" Marine Corps Birthday, please share this moment with me.

In Humble Remembrance;

RONNIE GENE GREENE

RONNIE GENE GREENE was born on March 27,
1947 and joined the Armed Forces while in
NEWLAND, NC.

He served as a 11E20 in the Army. In 1 year
of service, he attained the rank of CPL/E3.

On July 20, 1969, at the age of 22, RONNIE
GENE GREENE perished in the service of our
country in South Vietnam, Pleiku.

I will always remember you.

thank you

firstsgtmike
11-08-02, 06:05 AM
To JAMarine,

Name the time on the 11th and I will stand with you, and drink a toast to your friend Cpl/E-3 Ronnie Gene Green.

Semper Fi

JAMarine
11-08-02, 02:50 PM
Thank you Top.
Any time will do just fine.

thedrifter
11-08-02, 02:59 PM
"Remembrance Day"
Other countries honor their veterans each year on November 11, although the name and types of commemorations differ somewhat from the U.S. holiday. Canada and Australia observe "Remembrance Day" on November 11, and Great Britain observes "Remembrance Day" on the Sunday nearest to November 11. There are similarities and differences between these countries' Remembrance Days and America's Veterans Day. Canada's observance is similar to the U.S. celebration, but unlike in the U.S., many Canadians wear red poppy flowers on November 11 in honor of their war dead. In Australia, Remembrance Day is similar to America's Memorial Day, a day to honor that nation's war dead. In Great Britain, the day is commemorated by church services and parades of ex-service members in Whitehall, a wide ceremonial avenue leading from London's Parliament Square to Trafalgar Square. A two-minute silence is observed at 11 a.m., to honor those who lost their lives in wars.

A Toast to Our Brothers and Sisters..............

Sempers,

Roger