PDA

View Full Version : The "head"

gunnya
06-29-02, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know why the Navy and we in the Corps, call a relief station aboard ship, and elswhere, a "head"?

TeufelHunden
06-29-02, 05:23 PM
...I actually used this when I sat on meritorious boards with MWHS-1.

Naval name for latrines - originally sited in the extreme bow - or head - of the ship.

NamGrunt68
06-30-02, 06:41 AM
I reckon it's just my crude azz sense o humor, but I just got a visual on myself in boot camp screamin:

Sir, Private Brown request to make a "relief station" call, Sir......

Ain't never heard a Marine Call a head or a Sh*tter a "Relief Station"........LMMFAO !!!!!!

gunnya
06-30-02, 10:28 AM
Ron, Thabk u for ur response. However, I did know the answer to that one, just trying to sture up some conversation, and by the looks of things Dane really got upset. Sorry Marine, I was just trying to be a little delicate for the ladies benifit. its my Southern breeding dont u know and after 74 yrs I have no intension of modifying it now, just to suit u.

arzach
06-30-02, 10:29 AM
never heard the term! always been the 'head','crapper','sh--er', or evevn in the 'nam---a 'p--- tube'. that was only back in the Bn. rear area! in the field 'all the world was a 'sh--er' or 'pi-- tube'!

NamGrunt68
06-30-02, 10:58 AM
Ya took the wrong read on me dat time Gunny....I didn't get upset...I thought it was funny as hell.............don't spect no "Ole Breeder" like yerself to change for me or nobody else for that matter !! Welcome Home Bro !!!!

tkuhr
06-30-02, 05:26 PM
the Navy never learned about latrines. Putting the "relief" station in the bow! Clear the rail, men! The Chief's in the head!

mpwildes
06-30-02, 05:51 PM
Oh yeah well the other day I walked over to a MCCS facility and I stepped in and asked the "older gentleman" if I could use his restroom. He got a little irate and said I thought marines called it a "Head". Well I figured it is much easier to call it restroom to a civilian than it is to explain why the Naval and Marine Corps terminology is so different than anywhere else. So about to do the Pee Pee dance trying to saying to him I need to go then he calls me Sarge WTF? Sarge? what am I an Army of One Soldier or something. how about Sergeant? And he works on a Marine Corps Base. And I am wrong for calling a head a restroom? good grief.

GarvinRay
06-30-02, 07:51 PM
Yeah, those forward heads on the old troop transfer ships was not a place to be in rough seas. If the rolling didn't get you sick that bow head certainly would. He He

The troop galley and mess was no picnic either in rough seas. Standing at those metal troughs, someone would up chuck and the ship would list, and there the garbage is in front of you.

The best thing that ever happened was air transports!

Top Caplinger
11-15-07, 01:01 AM
Sgt Wildes - I believe I served with your wife briefly at MAG-36 in Okinawa. She had a leg cast after getting busted up in MCMAP training, right?

LeonardLawrence
11-15-07, 01:16 AM
:angel: "poop deck" was taken?

thedrifter
11-15-07, 07:10 AM
:angel: "poop deck" was taken?

Next time give a warning Leonard...;)

I spit my coffee on my monitor:D

Ellie