PDA

View Full Version : Worst movie EVER!

PFCJon
10-23-05, 07:13 PM
With all the talk about Swofford's upcoming movie, I figured a few of you devildogs might care to hear a word or two about another "Marines in the media" deal that's out right now. The movie "Doom" is based on a video game- and I knew it would be bad, but figured it'd be a fun movie with a lot of action. The basic story is that a Marine unit is sent to a research facility on Mars where experiments have created monsters that have wiped out the scientists (there's more to it, but that's the quick version). Now you can't expect much out of a sci-fi movie based on a video game starring "The Rock", but what I was more annoyed and ****ed about was how they portrayed the Marine characters. All had long hair and no shaves and were undisciplined rebels. They abandoned each other in a couple tight spots- that's not a big deal. What bugged me was how they made "soldiers" as the Sarge (the main character) refers to his Marines, seem like indiscriminant and happy killers. We all have a soft spot for fighting, granted, but "Kill em all, that's what they pay us for" kind of seemed a bit over the top- especially when referring to a group of civilians hiding in the lab. The Sarge later shoots one of his own men for failing to obey an order and gets into a long drawn out fight with another Marine. During this climactic battle, he shouts "Semper ****ing Fi, what will you do for the Corps" as he is trying to kill one of his Marines. It seems like we usually get the better representation in film and tv (generally speaking) but this movie, silly as it was, portrays the Corps as a bunch of murdering psychos. It was pretty ridiculous. I know Swofford's story has plenty of issues, but it won't be the worst Marine related entertainment out there this fall.

mrbsox
10-23-05, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the intel, but remember..

it's Fkn Hollywood. What did you expect.. HISTORY channel ??

PFCJon
10-23-05, 07:48 PM
lol, no, I went in expecting a crappy movie with some cool explosions or something along those lines, but it was really bad enough that I felt like getting the word out in case anyone was planning on wasting 2 hours of their life, stay home and watch the History Channel