PDA

View Full Version : Since Halloween is just around the corner

GySgtRet
10-20-05, 08:11 PM
To all who shall see this presents greetings...Joeseph P. Cary and I were discussing a couple of months ago how to post pistures and I couldn't get it to work I was frustrated nothing would work. Low and behold this old jarhead knows how to do this finally...!!!

Here is my Recruit Training picture from Parris Island South Carolina. I was 21 years old and weighed in at 135 pounds. Six foot talk and as proud as could be.

I don't want anybody to be scared of this. It is good for scaring rats and mice away so print it out and put it whereever the vermin are...

Will anybody else post there pictures????

CAS3
10-21-05, 10:26 AM
Damn ED,
What a difference! How many years ago was that?

GySgtRet
10-21-05, 10:29 AM
CAS3,

I don't rememebr sometime last century...???

captken
10-21-05, 10:42 AM
Hey...I work with this guy and I ain't believin' that's him!

LDO Capt
10-21-05, 11:20 AM
ED!!!!
You was once a fair looking young man....What the heck happened?????
It must have been pretty serious what ever it was.

OHHHHRAHHHHH

GySgtRet
10-21-05, 11:34 AM
Its called the second century of life I think. Bur I suffer from CRS pretty bad though.

Ed Palmer
10-21-05, 12:16 PM
Hell I aint scared
of course I do look a lot better now

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/EdPalmerMay1956.jpg[/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/skelett_23.gif

/IMG]

CAS3
10-21-05, 01:53 PM
Mr. Palmer,
Is that you? What I wouldn't give to be that thin!!!!

GySgtRet
10-21-05, 02:20 PM
I can see by the lack of responses that no one else but me and Ed Palmer have the intestinal fortitude to post their mugs for all to see. The good, the bad, and the ugly are not descrimanted against here. You bunch of panty waistes.

Ed Palmer
10-21-05, 03:45 PM
Now I cant post pictures why?

GySgtRet
10-21-05, 03:48 PM
Ed,

We looked like twins....!!! Young and recruits...!!!:p

Ed Palmer
10-21-05, 03:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/EdPalmerMay1956.jpg
I finialy got to post a pict

Ed Palmer
10-21-05, 03:56 PM
I sure dont like this new system, But seeing as how I am not in charge I guess It will Have to do <br />
<br />
Here is my last mug shot, I seem to have lost a lot of weight

captken
10-21-05, 03:59 PM
Hey GySgtRet gimme a break! I don't have my old pictures all over my office ya know. I actually have to go home to get mine.

JAMarine
10-21-05, 04:59 PM
Here's a Scary one for ya.
rich
http://C:\Documents and Settings\rbg7400\Desktop\RichardsStuff

jinelson
10-21-05, 06:14 PM
A long long time ago in a galaxy far away!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/HeHasGoneToBeWithBuddah.jpg

jinelson
10-21-05, 06:23 PM
Leatherneck.com 1st Force Civ Div Fire Team, 03xxParrish-M14, jinelson-AR15, 03xxDi Camillo-M1 Garand in Greeley, CO just prior to recruit training.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/MyFireteam.jpg

jinelson
10-21-05, 06:26 PM
There now you have seen the mugs lol. here's Team Leatherneck at graduation.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/Picture175.jpg

GySgtRet
10-21-05, 08:07 PM
Jim,

Ain't these computer thingies great...!!!??? Good looking group of Marines. The first one looks like the good, the bad and the ugly pick it for yourself. Thanks for sharing these Jim.

Semper Fidelis

JAMarine
10-21-05, 08:46 PM
Nice pic. Who's the kid? :D

JAMarine
10-21-05, 08:48 PM
Nice pic. Who's the kid?

GySgtRet
10-24-05, 10:45 AM
:evilgrin:

Its still not too late to post your mugs for Halloween you know...???!!!!

How about getin with...!!!!

Semper Fidelis

Ed Palmer
10-24-05, 11:35 AM
Hey HRSCOWBOY where,s yours

GySgtRet
10-25-05, 09:26 PM

Time is running out. You still have 6 full days to post your mug on Leatherneck.com. Act now and your submission is FREE...!!!

Oh wait its free anyway. No pain in doing this ladies and gentlemen...!!!

Semper Fidelis

JAMarine
10-25-05, 10:39 PM
Here ya go Brother. It's not much but it'll keep the goons away.

Semper fi.

rich

GySgtRet
10-26-05, 07:05 AM
Rich,

Such a Distinguished young gentleman. Thank you. Now, that didn't hurt very much did it..??

Semper Fidelis

Ed Palmer
10-26-05, 09:50 AM
Ya know with 22,891 Members:you would think that you could get more than 3 or 4 to post their mug shots here, But thats alright I forgive you

GySgtRet
10-26-05, 04:22 PM
Ed,

Yes you would think so wouldn't you...??? Come on you bunch of ^$$*oles. Put your picture right here on these pages. I can't get rid of the rats unless I have more than my picture in the basement...

Ed Palmer
10-27-05, 10:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/Risingskeleton.gif

LDO Capt
10-27-05, 03:00 PM

Here you go....TRICK OR TRICK!!!!!!

Ed Palmer
10-27-05, 03:20 PM
Political correctness is taking its toll on Halloween. Consider some old Halloween activities, for example:

Witch burning -- Just singe one around the edges today and the ERA types will be on you like stink on ----. What 30 centuries of white male authors used to call witches, are today respected as complexion-impaired, wardrobe-challenged wome... uh, womyn.
Window waxing -- These days you'll only set off the light-, noise-, motion-, and aroma-sensitive burglar alarm, and quickly exit in cuffs and revolving lights -- if you're lucky enough not to leave prime filet of leg with the neighborhood rottweiler.
Trick-or-treating -- This obviously would be prosecuted as a violation of federal RICO [racketeering] statutes, except that most of the perpetrators are juveniles, and thus have the civil right to thumb their noses at the law and be back on the street before the candy runs out.

And then there are the treats themselves:

Candy should be dispensed only with balancing doses of Ritalin, soft- bristle toothbrushes and an effective (but fluoride-free) dentifrice.
Apples should be organic, Alar-free, union-packed, washed in genuine American Zephyrhills water, and X-rayed before being handed out. Any worms should be housed, fed, read their rights, then returned to their native soil, or, if they so choose, given refugee status in yours.

Certain traditional Halloween games are not politically correct:

That icky old "autopsy" game in which you blindfold little kids and tell them a plate of spaghetti is guts and a bowl of peeled grapes is eyeballs will cost you your homeowners insurance because of the choking hazard, and due to the risk of suits for emotional damage.
Pin the tail on the donkey, with a real pin? Uh uh, cruelty to animals or their depiction is a no-no.
Bobbing for apples is permitted, as long as there's an equal (and not separate) opportunity to jane for them, too.
Jill-o'-lanterns are encouraged, after 1997 they will be mandatory.

And, finally, costumes:

Ghosts are out of date. Casper is clearly a dead, white male, probably European, and full of hot air to boot.
Fairy princess costumes might offend both gays and feminists.
Frankenstein monster costumes will offend transplant recipients, not to mention employment-producing neck-bolt manufacturers.
Dracula outfits will bring stern warning letters from the Transylvanian consulate.
Those neat masks with jaws rotted away, eyes bulging on distended optic stalks and massive, oozing wounds will get you in trouble with lawyers who specialize in representing accident victims on contingency bases. Which is to say, all of them.
A cowperson? Perhaps, but don't pack a gun. And don't even think about punching a cow.

So there you are. The scariest thing about Halloween these days is that you're not allowed to offend or scare anyone. And if someone scares you, you can't scream. In some communities, any auditory emissions over 75 decibels is a zoning violation punishable by a fine and/or jail term. Whether you can react instead with a sullen but non-denominational moment of silence will be considered later this term by the Supreme Court. Until then, do so at your own risk.

GySgtRet
10-27-05, 03:30 PM
LDO Capt,

Relax a little bit geez you look up tight...!!!
Thank you for your submission sir...

Semper Fidelis

:banana: :evilgrin:

GySgtRet
10-27-05, 08:41 PM
Well. I guess my motovational speeches aren't getting through to some of you out there. If THATFEMALE were in country she would have my 6 o'clock and post here mug. So this goes out to all of the Female Marines. Your equal counterparts have posted you out hans down. So I am not going to beg, that is not my style. We all lokk a little bit different than we used to so what? Oh yeah begging isn't my style I am Gunnery Sergeant, I don't have to bet do I...???

Semper Fidelis

:banana: :evilgrin: :bunny:

yellowwing
10-28-05, 10:45 AM
And here is our own CHOPPER
http://www.ywg-web.com/images/chopper.jpg

GySgtRet
10-28-05, 10:52 AM
Chopper1799...or id this you yellowing...??? I can't get pictures to post this large. I get restricted size to 400x300...???

Semper Fidelis

yellowwing
10-28-05, 10:54 AM
Chopper1799, I have some web space that I can link directly too. It's a work around on the pic size.

yellowwing
10-28-05, 11:00 AM
This is me currently, in our National Aboriginal Veterans Association uniform. I just finally got my Eagle Globe and Anchor, so I can replace the MIA pin on the beret.
http://www.ywg-web.com/images/Michael.jpg

CHOPPER7199
10-28-05, 11:14 AM
Ha, Ha, Wow What A Pic. I Put Small Pic. To Send And Look What Happens. Never Was An Office Poggy. Thanks Yellow, That Should Scare Some Rats.

GySgtRet
10-28-05, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the pics. Now that didn't hurt did it...???

Semper Fidelis

yellowwing
10-28-05, 11:17 AM
Well you know...Go Big or Go Home :banana:

jgorosco
10-28-05, 02:16 PM
Looks like a Hog Board in a don't ask, don't tell military. HAHAHA
Once I figure out how to make a pic smaller to put up I will do it.
LDO Cpt typical Ordie kickin back and relaxin'. I miss those days

SEMPER FI

GySgtRet
10-28-05, 06:01 PM
jgorosco,

I hope that you can figure it out. What I did I edited the picture with Windows picture editor (WXP) has it imbedded in it. Got to resize and according to Shaffer the size can't be any larger than 400x300. Although I've seen some posted on this page to be almost a entire page. At least you are trying. HOW about it out there? Anybody reading this thread...??? We have a Mustang Capain that posted, I couldn't get jo_beth to post yet maybe she still will...??? Anybody need any help to do this? I think that there is a help file somewhere on here. I want to thank the participants that have managed to put their mugs up here.

Semper Fidelis

testforecho2112
10-28-05, 08:36 PM
Here's mine, although its not when I was active. This is me and my boy, Noah at the range. He was shooting his .22 and I was killing dirt with my .45

Bill

yellowwing
10-28-05, 09:17 PM
Noah is your spitten image. Is he going to be one our next Commandants?

testforecho2112
10-28-05, 09:25 PM
If he lives that long...he's trying my patience at the moment!

He's a good boy, just mischevious...I dont know where he gets that from, probably his mother.

Bill

GySgtRet
10-28-05, 10:23 PM
Is that how you all get earthworms for fishing by shooting the ground. Just wondered. ZHey good looking pics. Keep rhem coming everybody we seem to be on a roll of two or three...!!!

GySgtRet
10-31-05, 07:56 AM
My fellow Marines. It is still not too late to post your mugs. Today is Halloween. Unless you are hiding from someone, FBI, CIA, or your picture is up at the local pos office come on and put it up here too.

Semper Fidelis

captken
11-07-05, 02:29 PM
Since this week is the Marine Corps birthday I thought I show you the next generation of Marines.

yellowwing
11-07-05, 02:33 PM
LOL! That's great, sir. Some black boots and some minor camo on the ears, he would be just a blade of grass.

captken
11-07-05, 02:59 PM
I forgot to say that's my grandson. He got the boots from his parents for his birthday and the cammies from Grandma and Grandpa. They matched the new standards for boots by accident.

The kid's got the mentality for it too. He is totally gung ho! He was mad as @#$^ when his Mom made him put on a reflective vest to go trick or treating. His reaction was, "Mom, don't you know that I'm supposed to be invisible?!" Mom (our daughter) let it be known in no uncertain terms that there is a time to be invisible and a time to be visible and she also let him know that he had a VERY short chain of command...son>Mom>end of discussion!:mad:

GySgtRet
11-07-05, 05:15 PM
captken,

He would be good for our side snooping and pooping...OORAH...!!!

captken
11-07-05, 07:25 PM
Will I'm finally giving in to the threats of bodily harm from the Gunny. Here's my pic from the dark ages (1969).

marinemom
11-07-05, 08:08 PM
gee Ken, kind of cute for a squid...even with those government issue glasses, lol

jinelson
11-08-05, 12:13 AM
Wow those are the good looking BCG's of the olden days way better than the BCG's today lol mom.

captken
11-08-05, 10:47 AM
I hate to admit this but those aren't gov't issue. I actually went out and bought those on the economy.

GySgtRet
11-08-05, 11:41 AM
captken,

Are you and Buddy Holly related...???

captken
11-08-05, 01:00 PM
Boy, I wish! Actually I was a huge fan and that may have pushed me towards those terrible frames.