PDA

View Full Version : Censorship is such an ugly word!

Joseph P Carey
10-16-05, 01:11 PM
Recently we had a Thread going on PTSD and its abuses in the VA, and the frauds that rob the resources (from the Vets that really need the help) with the false claims of PTSD, and the willingness of...

Nagalfar
10-16-05, 01:38 PM
JPC is correct.. threads can be any number of things, informational, discussion based, or debate based.. this thread was a debate of interest to more than a few here. Corrupting of the VA, by those who are lazy is a serious problem, and it takes away from our brothers and sisters who really need the VA, in a time when budgets for congressional perks seems to almost match those of the VA, abuse of that system should not be tolerated in any way, and if you are not willing to even discuss this happening before our very eyes, then please allow those willing to do what almost amounts to a DUTY to do so.
Doing nothing amounts to letting what ever happens to "ours" just happen and not even give it mention.. I dont care how you slice that it is wrong from the beginning, and so is censorship in any form.. deleting text from posts, that is way beyond what ANY Moderator should be allowed to do, killing a post would be far better than REDOING IT to fit what the moderator thinks it should be.. as a moderator, and Marine, maybe you should tell us what we will be allowed to talk about? it is my opinion that thread, while heated, was within the limits of this board.. if you as a moderator are not willing to even discuss the treatment of veterans at the hands of a broke VA, and at times the lack of treatment due to lack of money, when everyone knows full well there are MILLIONS of wasted dollars on false claims.. what should we be talk about? or be allowed to talk about?

Joseph P Carey
10-16-05, 03:02 PM
Jerry,

With all due respect, it was no more so belligerent than the Marine photograph thread that was left to run on, where a supposed Marine was berated by many and defended by few, and other threads I might add, and the language was decidedly within bounds as a comparison. The false VA claims for PTSD are much more important to us as a group, and therefore much more emotional in nature.

For the record, the last notice came to me from CAS3.