PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Marine denounces US brutality in Iraq in book

thedrifter
10-15-05, 08:27 AM
Ex-Marine denounces US brutality in Iraq in book <br />
October 15, 2005 <br />
<br />
PARIS -- US military training has created troops so desensitized to violence that battleground brutality in Iraq is rampant - and...

MillRatUSMC
10-15-05, 08:49 AM
http://www.middle-east-online.com/pictures/big/_14714_marine61005.jpg

Lets picture this "Ex-Marine" ...
Now a question;
Is he telling the "truth"?

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

PS
From this photo, I just can't see him in the Marine Corps

Joseph P Carey
10-15-05, 11:17 AM
I can! In Computer input!

Nagalfar
10-15-05, 12:38 PM
I say we hang him by the balls with a 00 fish hook.. and use him for a pinata and see if he keeps the same story..

onlyamarine
10-15-05, 02:34 PM
I guess in the end, it his way of protesting the war. He seems to forget that the training he received is the training that kept him alive while in his war time situation. Figures he would go to the French to have his book published. After all we usually spend alot of time saving the their a**. Its a bunch of crap what people do to gain publicity.

greensideout
10-15-05, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by thedrifter
Ex-Marine denounces US brutality in Iraq in book
October 15, 2005

PARIS --

The briefings that they received, he said, made US troops view "everyone as a potential terrorist - they put fear and panic into my Marines".
Ellie

"Fear" and "Panic", are not in the Marine Corps Manual.
I think this guy is being guided by the little French babe he is writing the book with.

I don't think it's a case of PTSD. More like, "EUWTDA". (Eat up with the dumb a**").

Joseph P Carey
10-16-05, 02:18 AM
Quote: Although the target of criticism from serving members of the US military - some of whom see the book as score-settling by a disgruntled Marine forced to leave the services - Massey has received significant interest in his book in France.

A new fiction writer on the scene of French Literature. "Just another 'throw-out' with an ax to grind". Apparently, this may be the truth as no Marine units were removed on or about May 1, 2003, when the President made his end of Major Combat Operations, and he said he left shortly after the President's speech. I think this guy may have been some slime crawling away from the enemy, or something like that and he was caught by his superiors, and he was seperated from the service involuntarily.

RLeon
10-16-05, 03:19 AM
Great, you know folks are going to take his tripe as gospel, especially the Euros...books like "Genreation Kill" and "One Bullet Away" will get to attention, but this bile will. Those books din't sugarcoat the action, but they didn't sh#t all over the USMC.

mikemac64
10-24-05, 07:07 PM
He was there, and certainly desrves credit for that. However, as I see it, he is admittedly confessing to what he calls crimes. If they were crimes, he should be prosecuted.

sgt.r.n.davis
10-24-05, 09:47 PM
Yea. Just Monica she had to go over seas to England,so she could write a book. It kinda tells you what these two have in common?

mrbsox
11-08-05, 01:32 PM
If he was a STAFF NCO, were the men under his charge and control commiting these things AGAINST his orders ?? <br />
<br />
Was he committed to the safety of his Marines ?? <br />
<br />
What unit(s) was he with ?? Did he...

Mastergunz G
11-08-05, 01:39 PM
He doesn't have PTSD, but rather a case of illusions of grandeur!

MillRatUSMC
11-08-05, 01:56 PM
Hey! did this book cause those upraisings in France?
Wonder what the frenchies are thinking now?
Will the frenchies turn the other "Cheek?
( I x this cheek was chewed off by the muslims...
If they do, they will have no "6"...but they never had any xalls...
LMAO

germe1967
11-08-05, 05:01 PM
To see a full story on the falsehood of this guy's claims, go to the following site. http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/11/8/112628.shtml
This guy is a liar. Please see the poll in the other thread.