PDA

View Full Version : There's a killer on the loose

thedrifter
10-14-05, 06:23 AM
There's a killer on the loose
Edward M. Kennedy ^ | 10/13/2005 | Edward M. Kennedy

Dear Beckwith,

None of us can forget the images from Abu Ghraib prison in Baghdad that shocked our nation nearly two years ago and stained the United States in the eyes of the world. The American people suddenly realized an unpleasant truth -- the cruel practice of torture had infected the ranks of the world's finest military.

Finally, on October 5th, by an overwhelming vote of 90-9, the Senate passed strict provisions as part of the Defense Appropriations Bill that would take the current military regulations against torture and turn them into law. Nine Republican Senators voted against the anti-torture provisions, and President Bush has threatened to veto the Defense Appropriation Bill unless the provisions are dropped:

The swimmer claims torture!

The President is well aware that his veto would demonstrate beyond any doubt how misguided and unsupportable his agenda is. Therefore, the Administration is attempting to bury the law in the House by persuading the House Republican Leadership to act behind the scenes to delete the anti-torture provisions.

House Members need to know where America stands. They must put the will of their own constituents ahead of Tom Delay or Dennis Hastert.

Take a moment and tell your representative that torture is wrong, and to insist that the anti-torture provisions must be enacted into law:

Please don't hurt the terrorists!

This Administration has a reckless habit of abusing its Executive power to get whatever it wants. Now that the Senate has challenged the President to accept the basic principle that no American, in Iraq or the White House, should ever think that torture is acceptable.

The President is not above the law, and neither is his Administration.

A major role of Congress under the Constitution has always been to challenge the abuse of Executive power. As the 90 to 9 Senate vote proves, the anti-torture provisions have broad bipartisan support from a frequently partisan Senate. But the voice of the American people still falls on deaf ears at the White House they think they know better than you or I do.

We in the Senate have done our part, and it's up to the House to do its part as well. It's wrong for the current House Republican leadership to turn that historic body into a rubber stamp for the Administration’s abhorrent position on torture.

We must act now and insist that our Congressional representatives -- Republicans and Democrats alike -- must take a strong stand against torture, just as the Senate has:

Anything but the panties!

Your voice and your action will embolden those who are working with us and give strength to House members who face tremendous pressure from the White House. Please act today"and let them know that America stands strong against torture. No more stonewalling. No more cover-ups.

Thank you so much for your assistance,

Senator Edward M. Kennedy

Ellie

ese4mc
10-14-05, 08:36 AM
ALL THAT FROM A TURD THAT SHOWED UP 12 HRS AFTER THE FACT TO EXPLAIN HIS ACTIONS IN THE DEATH OF A YOUNG GIRL---WHAT A SPECIAL PIECE OF HUMANITY

yellowwing
10-14-05, 09:16 AM
Pfc. L. England has been specifically exempted from War Crimes As all of our Armed Forced personnel has been exempted by Executive Order. Yes she can be charge with posing for improper photographs...

GySgtRet
10-14-05, 09:22 AM
Senator Kennedy isn't a poor swimmer, he just can't swim and save anybody else's life. He is the only one, and one for him. He is the majority in his eyes...I can't believe that he can make the laws of out land and commit crimes at the same time. I just doesn't make any sense to me at all....??????

Nagalfar
10-14-05, 09:23 AM
If we start using Institutionalized Torture as a means of extracting intel.. we have lost everything we have ever fought to be since the beginning of this country.. and yes I am aware of the "ticking Bomb" theory, we as a nation and a people have always been willing to take that chance to keep our good name, and to prove to the rest of the world we live by the values we "claim" to hold dear..

Kennedy is one of the biggest pieces of S*it I can think of when it comes to politics, not to mention he makes a nifty lifeguard.. but, in this case he is right about not using "institutionalized torture".

GySgtRet
10-14-05, 09:26 AM
Nagalfar,

He isn't right. It probably wasn't his idea...??? He probably heard it in a bar somewhere around the puzzle palace...

Nagalfar
10-14-05, 09:39 AM
LMAO... thanx Gunny,

OLE SARG
10-14-05, 10:42 AM
kennedy has never been right on anything!!!!!!!!!! The ******* should be in prison for murder - the only thing that saved his ass was his name and his money. The twofaced, lying son-of-***** should not even be allowed to be in politics!!!! Here again his name and his money are keeping his fat, alcoholic ass in politics.

I hope the fat son-of-*****'s liver hardens up with his next drink.

die MF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

GySgtRet
10-14-05, 12:11 PM
OLE SARG,

Hey don't be bashfull the next time Ole Sarge...Don't hold back like this.. Tell it like it is the next time...

Semper Fidelis

ggyoung
10-14-05, 12:14 PM
Nagalfar; If some toture is used and if it saves just one American life then I say red is positve, black is negative. I have two sons one a Marine and one in the Navy who have been there and will be going back. Do you have any of your boys over there? SF GGYoung.

yellowwing
10-14-05, 12:43 PM
The Mossad was sanctioned by the Kinesset to exercise 'extreme measures' to extract strategic and tactical information. They let the world know up front and no one said sh*t when they strapped on the electrodes to the gonads.

We can do the same thing. Just be honest and up front. There is not a patriotic die hard that will blink when we tell them we will have to crush an Al Qaeda's nuts to get vital information.

junker316
10-14-05, 12:45 PM
ggyoung,

I think that Nagalfar has a good point. Toruture is wrong. If used on the wrong poeple. I think that if lives are saved then do what you must also, but as was pointed out to me in another topic, torture doesn't win the hearts and minds of the enemy. Once that is accomplished then torure wouldn't be needed. As for Kennedy...he is just using his family name to steal another idea from some hard working person.

GySgtRet
10-14-05, 12:46 PM
yellowwing,

Count me in on that if it means saving a good guy on the side of anti terrorism...

Joseph P Carey
10-14-05, 03:04 PM
Gentlemen, I believe in professionalism! If there is to be torture, no one should ever know of it! No Army Reservist should be administering such techniques of their own choosing; no photos should be sent home of the incidents; and, no prisoner should be found alive that had been tortured!

Cremation should be the only way to deliver a body back to the family of a POW Prisoner, because of an outbreak of disease in the holding area where he was kept; this done as a public health precaution!

But, there should never be indiscriminant torture in American Facilities!