PDA

View Full Version : TV show gives 3rd, 25th Marine surprise wedding

thedrifter
10-12-05, 12:29 PM
TV show gives 3rd, 25th Marine surprise wedding

NORTH CANTON, Ohio — A member of a hard-hit Marine battalion who had to put off marrying his love to go to Iraq got his wish granted when a TV show threw him a surprise wedding.

Lance Cpl. Nathan Adey, 25, married 22-year-old Alicia Dubravetz on Tuesday in the ceremony that was taped for NBC's show "Three Wishes," hosted by singer Amy Grant.

The Akron couple's nuptials were attended by hundreds of friends, family and military supporters, including relatives of some members of Adey's 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines unit that were killed in the war. The battalion has lost 48 Marines, including 14 killed within a week this summer.

"This is great," said Michael Finke, whose son, Sgt. Michael Jr., died in Iraq in January. "I knew he would not be getting off of that bus at Brook Park. But he's with us. He's all around us."

The wedding was held on a stage at the Military Aviation Preservation Society Air Museum decorated with a large American flag and red roses. The bride wore a white, strapless gown and the groom wore his dress uniform.

Adey thought he was going to a concert.

"This was a shock to me. I had no idea," Adey said. "I thought I was going to pass out up there."

The couple had planned to be married before he went to Iraq, but he was deployed nearly a year ago and they pushed back the ceremony.

Adey and his fellow troops returned to huge welcomes last week in Brook Park, Akron and Columbus — cities where the battalion's companies are based.

Ellie

GySgtRet
10-12-05, 12:44 PM
I have watched "THREE WISHES". It is a very good show. I didn't know that they could catch a Marine off guard like this though.

Semper Fidelis