PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Dad

jennings1
10-11-05, 04:41 PM
I AM DESPERATELY SEEKING MY FATHER--HIS NAME IS MARTY COLLINS--FROM GARY INDIANA--ABOUT 1969 1970 HE WAS IN SAN DIEGO CALIF LIKELY STATIONED AT CAMP PENDELTON--ANYONE IN THAT AREA AROUND THAT TIME????? THANKS FOR ANY INFORMATION OR DIRECTION

jennings1
10-27-05, 10:27 AM
I See That This Message Has Been Viewed Several Times But No Posts--someone Somewhere Please, Even If You Do Not Know My Dad If You Have Any Information On How I Might Go About Contacting The Marines To Get Information. Any Help Big Or Small Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Please

BOOGIEMAN44
10-27-05, 06:10 PM
Have You Tryed Google People Search? That Will Give You All People With That Name, Good Luck.

Old Marine
10-27-05, 07:07 PM
I AM DESPERATELY SEEKING MY FATHER--HIS NAME IS MARTY COLLINS--FROM GARY INDIANA--ABOUT 1969 1970 HE WAS IN SAN DIEGO CALIF LIKELY STATIONED AT CAMP PENDELTON--ANYONE IN THAT AREA AROUND THAT TIME????? THANKS FOR ANY INFORMATION OR DIRECTION

Camp Pendleton is a very large base and it is located next to the city of Oceanside, Ca. not San Diego, Ca. Camp Pendleton is the size of many cities and is self supporting.

Do you have his MOS or unit he was in during that period?

jennings1
10-28-05, 08:56 AM
Not to be snotty or anything but i was born and raised in San Diego and also married to a marine---i am very familiar with San Diego,oceanside and camp pendleton and all surronding areas my comment was he was in the San Diego area around that time more specific he would of had to meet my mother in santee calif. the only info i have on him is what i have posted---not alot sorry and thanks for your post any little bit helps

jgorosco
10-28-05, 10:09 AM
Then if you are familiar with Pendleton then go to Base records and see if they can help you there. Our try the public records in San Diego or Santee and work from there

SEMPER FI
IYAOYAS

GySgtRet
10-28-05, 10:29 AM
jennings1,

Do you have an approximate age? Is he adopted maybe and Collins isn't his lastname...???

GySgtRet
10-28-05, 10:49 AM
jennings1,

I found a Marty A. Collins no location but was a sergerant in the USMC mos was 6122, he was regular not a reservist. This is according to DOD records found on Military.com. Hopefully that helps.

jennings1
10-28-05, 11:16 AM
he was approx 54 years old and all i know of him is what is on my birth certificate---i have been to and sent e-mails to all marty or martin collins that pulled up and have only gotten 1 reply so far. thanks for your help