PDA

View Full Version : Another TV Show gets it wrong about the Corps

kentmitchell
10-06-05, 01:00 PM
NBC's E-Ring is a pretty good show about what's happening in the Pentagon but the writers stepped on their weenies in last night's episode.
One of the main characters, an army Col., is accused of sexual harassment. His secretary/assistant, a female Marine M/Sgt., goes after the two women who claimed to be harassed and set them straight--but it was total bull.
She told them she was sexually harassed by her DI at PI (supposedly a male). Ain't gonna happen. WMs don't have male DIs and don't make contact with them.
Wonder how many recruits this will cost the Corps?
We have plenty of legitimate screwups without some TV writer helping because he/she does a half-assed job of research.

yellowwing
10-06-05, 01:17 PM
10:1 that the writers were trying to 'mask' the Air Force Academy's problems with sexual harrassment. It follows the plot trends of 'ripped from the headlines', like Law and Order often does.

Joseph P Carey
10-06-05, 01:40 PM
Maybe, it was a female DI? :-) Who knows?

Remember, the public will believe anything if it is on a TV Show. Common sense has nothing to do with anything that is written for TV! Idealism has a lot to do with it!

We also must remember that the Marine assistant is, after all, representing a Marine, and any way to win a battle is acceptable, so long as the battle is won! Even with a lie or a contribed story! She won her battle!

PFCJon
10-06-05, 02:03 PM
Not only did she supposedly have a male DI, but she said it was about 10 degrees... I may be west coast, but I still would wager a guess that it doesn't make it below 70 much at PI.

Joseph P Carey
10-06-05, 02:50 PM
Believe me! You are wrong about it not venturing below 70 at PI!

ringoffire
10-07-05, 06:14 AM
It sometimes got down to 60 at PI, that would be a cold front in January. I can't comment on the show, I haven't seen it. I don't usually watch the "Military" type shows, the descrepancies drive me wacky and its worse when hubby is sitting next to me. We end up looking for the "boo boos" then actually watching whats going on. We do this with movies too, its terrible.