PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray For LCpl Shawn Seeley

jinelson
10-05-05, 04:27 PM
Our brother Shawn was severely wounded yesterday in the current operation in the Ar Ramadi AO. Please join me in praying for his full recovery. Im adding the email that I received from his girl Amanda who is also a Leatherneck member. This sucks bad I just talked to him on friday by way of instant message.

Hey! I have not had the internet for a while, I am at shawns house with his parents right now. He was hit by an IED yesterday, he is in Germany near Ramstein. He has sandblasts on his face bruised lungs, bruised spleen, 2 broken legs, broken arm, severely injured hand, they had to amputate his right thumb. We did not know if he was going to make it at first as he was in critical condition, but the doctor in Germany said he is responding to questions and everything is fixable. He is going to have to have several surgeries on his right hand and physical therapy. Right now he is in a medical comma. He goes in for surgery tomorrow, and they hope to have him back to the states by Friday. He is going to Maryland. All the Marines in his vehicle were injured and one was killed. Just pray for him. Shawn and i love eachother and talked about this and we are together. I love him so much and I know he regrets what he did. That was the scariest time in my life. Thinking you were going to lose someone you love. Anyways, please pray for him lots!

Mandy

Semper Fi

This is a recent photo of Shawn
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/591shawn.jpg

:mad:

artymarine
10-05-05, 04:31 PM
This young devildog has my prayers. Thank God we have young warriors like this.

outlaw3179
10-05-05, 04:41 PM
Semper Fi Marine ...Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family ...

PFCJon
10-05-05, 04:43 PM
I'll second that artymarine... I'll be praying for LCpl Seeley tonight for sure.

Roulette
10-05-05, 05:00 PM
Prayers are being said here for LCpl Seeley and his Family, May God bring him home to those he loves.

ringoffire
10-05-05, 05:09 PM
Our prayers go out to LCpl Seeley, Mandy & his family. God bless.

thedrifter
10-05-05, 05:41 PM
You are in Our Prayers Shawn

God Bless,
Ellie and Mark

PS...Nobody is ALLOWED to come in Here and USE ANOTHER Members ACCOUNT...
WORD to the WISE;)

JAMarine
10-05-05, 05:46 PM
In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Dear Heavenly Father we lift our Marine Brother up to You and ask You place Your Heavenly Healing Hands upon Shawn in his time of need.

We Pray You confort his sole and give him peace during this time.

We ask You steady the hands of the surgeons and give them the wisdom needed to pull our Brother through this mess.

We know with Your Grace he will recover and come home to his Loved Ones.

We also Pray for Shawn's Family and his Loved Amanda. Please settle they nerves and fears and allow them comfort until Shawn comes home and be with them all during his road to recovery.

We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

AMEN.

We're here for you Amanda. If you need anything or his parents need anything please give me a call and I'll do what I can.

rich

marinemom
10-05-05, 06:34 PM
Prayers for Shawn, his parents and Amanda are at the top of my list.

If it is Maryland, that means Bethesda and that means I can get over to see him easily....got to head for the kitchen and start making goodies for him...if anyone wants to send somethng to Shawn via me...PM me....cards, anything.

Sgtj
10-05-05, 06:35 PM
My thoughts are with this Marine and his family. Amanda seems very strong. I commend her on that.

Semper Fidelis,

you all make me proud to have claimed the title. Everday I log on her and I'm overwhelmed with all the motivation and support pouring out. Its awesome.

greensideout
10-05-05, 07:36 PM
Keep the faith LCpl Seeley and Christ will give you comfort within your soul to carry you through this difficult time.

Semper Fi Marine

Cole11
10-05-05, 07:44 PM
Semper Fi Seeley, always in my prayers

yellowwing
10-05-05, 08:30 PM
Brother Shawn fought hard for his opportunity to just stay in Our Beloved Corps. There is not one mote of 'quit' in this fine warrior.

My prayers are going out to Shawn and family, and I'm with JAMarine in giving his Doc the extra skill to heal our Bro.

All of us are Blessed to have such Patriots to watch over us while we enjoy our hard won Freedoms.

Thank you, LCpl Shawn Seeley! Semper Fidelis

CplCrotty
10-05-05, 08:35 PM
My prayers are for Shawn. On Eagle's Wings.

BOOGIEMAN44
10-05-05, 08:43 PM
GOD BLESS YOU MARINE, MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU AND AMANDA, MAY GOD GIVE BOTH OF YOU THE STRENGTH TO GO THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT TIME.

Osotogary
10-05-05, 08:57 PM
Jeezus H. Krist! I was just online with him a couple of days ago it seems. It was late, about 0400 hours, He and I were the only ones online at the time. We BS'd for a very short time. He told me that it was getting hairy. We wished each other well and then we when our seperate ways.
Dammmm, this news is a someofabeatch. Certainly my thoughts and prayers are heading towards not only LCpl Seeley but to his family, loved ones, friends and acquaintances. One step at a time. One step at a time.

mrbsox
10-05-05, 09:27 PM
Incoming !!

Most gracious and loving heavenly father,
I pause my life at this time to beseech your loving and watchful hands to cradel our brothers life, as only you can.
I ask that your vision be in the surgeons hands as they mend the body of this brave man,
that your love and peace be felt in his families lives, as they wait for their homeward bound Marine
And let your guidence be in the minds of his brothers still in harms way, as they continue the good race,
and that your just and mighty will be done.

Amen

GySgtRet
10-05-05, 09:37 PM
Shawn,

I am truely sorry that you have gotten wounded. You have made a scarifice in the name of peace and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. My prayers go out to you and your family, and of course Amanda. She is a special person but you probably already know that.

I am also sorry to hear about all of the members of your unit that have been injured. My sympathy goes out to you and the families for their loss. I hope that the Marines that are still alive make a full and speedy recovery.

Semper Fidelis

hrscowboy
10-05-05, 09:53 PM
Lance Corporal Seeley I want you to remember the three things that was pounded into your head.. Adapt, Improvise, and Overcome... You have Overcome alot just in the beginning and I know for a fact you can Overcome this. There is not a Marine here on this site or anywhere else that is not praying for you and amanda and your speedy recovery.. Semper Fi Marine

seeleysmom
10-05-05, 10:15 PM
Thank you all for your support and e-mails for Shawn.
This is Shawns dad,Chuck.
All our fears have come and now we need support for him and all the others over there that are hurt and thier familys.
This is a wonderful community here, Thanks again for the prayers, Shawn will recieve them..

CHOPPER7199
10-05-05, 10:19 PM
PRAYERS ARE ON THERE WAY BROTHER. YOU WILL OVER COME THE SET BACK AND WILL BE ABLE TO CARRY ON LIKE THE TRUE "MARINE" YOU ARE. HEEL FAST, AS WE WILL ALL BE WAITING FOR YOUR POSTS. GOD BLESS AND THE BEST OF EVERYTHING FOR YOU AND FAMILY AND FRIENDS. YOUR AMANDA AWAITS HER MAN.

carroll1972
10-06-05, 01:26 AM
May the God that I serve......keep His Almighty hands on you Shawn....Let His angels camp around your bed.....will keep you in my prayers.......My Brother.....

Carroll, R. G.

jinelson
10-06-05, 01:48 AM
Thank you all for your prayers and concern for our brothers wounds and well being. He is tough and he reunited with our lord prior to shipping over seas so I have no doubt he is is in good hands and...

CAR
10-06-05, 05:35 AM
To my young brother Seely.
I pray that God watches over you and those in your unit. I pray that God watches over all of our boys/girls/brothers/sisters in harms way. The pride we share as Marines is compounded when we have Marines such as yourself serve this great country of ours. Though I may not know you personally I am proud to know of you and many like you. I pray for your recovery and health. I pray for strength for your parents who undoubtably are going through their own hell right now. And alas, God watch over your beloved Amanda, just reading her posts shows a great devotion to you, that is to be commended.

Get well young Marine, young brother, and thank you for going in harms way in my stead.

Semper Fidelis

GySgtRet
10-06-05, 06:18 AM
Seely,

You have so much wisdom, and even more than you did when you posted "A motto to help you out". Three years ago you posted this according to, jinelson. The way that you put this in your post seems to have come from someone much older and wiser. I can't thank you enough for what you have done and will continue to do. By the way if you are going to Bethesda I will try to be there if nothing else just to let you know that Marines take care of Marines. I do not know what I can do for you but I will try.

Semper Fidelis

jgorosco
10-06-05, 07:04 AM
Seely,

I don't think I will act like you are not going to be back. Get better, as a DI might say; it's just some broken legs and now you can't sit there with your thumb up your Azz!! Ok no really get better stay MOTIVATED and wish I could be there to fight in your place. GOD BLESS you and your family

SEMPER FI
IYAOYAS

bigdog43701
10-06-05, 07:11 AM
semper fi..god speed marine

CHOPPER7199
10-06-05, 09:38 AM
JIM, THANKS FOR THE POST SHAWN MADE. NOW THAT SHOWS WHAT ONE CAN DO, WHEN ONE HAS HIS MIND MADE UP. I HAVE NO DOUBT SHAWN WILL RETURN TO MEET THINGS HEAD ON AND WILL PREVAIL. HIS "MOTO" WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN. HE HAS THE SUPPORT OF HIS FELLOW BROTHERS, SISTERS AND FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

TazMatt
10-06-05, 10:01 AM
Semper Fi Marine Shawn hang in there and keep your head held up high for the Good Lord is with you and your family in your time of need He will always be there He is just a prayer away.May you heal quickly and may your fellow Marines heal from their wounds also.May your family find peace and understanding in all that you and them may do.God Bless you for what you do and may He keep you in His everloving arms. Amanda keep on hoping and loving and every thing will be alright. Sgt.Matt U.S.M.C. 69-75

im4chuck
10-06-05, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the support his mother,brother,and I are on our way to MD.

im4chuck
10-06-05, 02:54 PM
Contacted Germany today and spoke to his nurse.
Shawn is responding and answering as best he can with the breathing tube.
Thanks to all and thank you Richard, it was nice to talk to you ill tell Shawn we spoke on the phone.
We will update as soon as we can were off to MD to be with him..
By the way, this is Shawns Dad.

MillRatUSMC
10-06-05, 03:40 PM
I wish to echo everybody words, as I'm at a loss for words on hearing of Shawn's wounds.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

vfm
10-06-05, 05:17 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you Shawn.
SEMPER FI!!! MARINE
vfm

rsta
10-06-05, 05:28 PM
God bless you Shawn, and family. Semper Fi!

Bob

003XXMarineDAD
10-06-05, 06:00 PM
Our Prayers are with shaun & family, God Bless them all.

Toby M
10-06-05, 06:28 PM
I just heard...say it ain't so!!! Not "our Seely", not "Gun-Ho Seely"!!! Ain't this the kid that's pretty much grown up on this site? Add my thoughts and prayer to the others Shawn. You're a tough one and you have never let anything get you down so don't let this situation get you...Take care...

Amanda
10-06-05, 06:33 PM
Thank you everyone for prayers! I know they are pulling him through! Keep praying for a speedy recovery! Keep praying for his family! Thank you all!

PFC HYATT CR
10-06-05, 06:55 PM
shawn definatly has my prayers and best wishes. i pray for a speedy recovery for him and may god protect him and his family from any further injuries.
semper fi shawn

hoytarcher45
10-06-05, 07:11 PM
Hang in there brother. Semper Fi.

JAMarine
10-06-05, 07:12 PM
No Problem Mr. Seeley. You let that young Marine know we Love em and tell em were all here for him. If there is anything we can do for you and your wife and/or Shawn and Amanda please don't hesitate to ask. You have my phone #. Call anytime.

rich

troop901
10-06-05, 07:33 PM
Been up at my academy the past couple days and got home and saw this. Hang in their young Seeley, Godspeed, my prayers are with you and yer family. Just remember what is born into each Marine, not learned or trained into em, born into em, to never give up the fight. Yer in good hands young warrior.
SF

mrbsox
10-06-05, 07:34 PM
ALMIGHTY, ALMIGHTY,
mrbsox.
FIRE MISSION, OVER!!

REPEAT

Most gracious and loving heavenly father,
I pause my life at this time to beseech your loving and watchful hands to cradel our brothers life, as only you can.
I ask that your vision be in the surgeons hands as they mend the body of this brave man,
that your love and peace be felt in his families lives, as they wait for their homeward bound Marine
And let your guidence be in the minds of his brothers still in harms way, as they continue the good race,
and that your just and mighty will be done.

Amen

mrbsox, out

Terry

OLE SARG
10-06-05, 08:54 PM
God Bless Marine - my prayers too go out to you and Amanda. I know you can get through this difficult time. Our prayers are with you.

SEMPERS,
OLE SARG

JAMarine
10-06-05, 09:06 PM
Well Done Marine. Well Done.

Devildogg4ever
10-07-05, 05:38 AM
My thoughts and prayers to Shawn and his family! I pray everyday for our Warriors and will continue to do so!! http://downsouthhunting.com/images/smiles/icon_smile_praying.gif

jinelson
10-08-05, 03:17 PM
Please continue your prayers brothers and sisters. I just spoke with Mandy and she reports that our brother Shawn has taken a turn for the worse and his condition has been upgraded to serious again. There are more broken bones than they had found in Germany and he has a severe infection and they have not discovered where its at. He has been kept in a medical coma. His heart rate is not stable and he has serious internal injuries. Mandy is in the process of flying to be at her Marines side as she was told that there is a possibility that young Shawn may not pull through. I will update yall as I get news. Please God watch over my young brother and be mercifull.

Very Sad But Always Faithfull

Jim

garryh123
10-08-05, 04:51 PM
Prayers out!

Osotogary
10-08-05, 05:05 PM
May the Lord guide and direct Shawns' will to survive in the direction he has chosen.

rb1651
10-08-05, 05:26 PM
Semper Fi, LCpl Seeley. My family and I will keep you and Amanda in our prayers. Take care, get healthy, and keep the Faith. Thank you for being the Marine that you are, and that you will forever be.

JAMarine
10-08-05, 05:57 PM
In addition to Jims post above;

I spoke to Robin Seeley (Shawn's Mother) a bit ago and she brought me up to date. What Jim has reported is pretty much right on target. Our Marine is so unstable at this time he will not be scheduled for any surgery for his critical wounds till this "infection" is stabalized.

Friends...... he is a Strong Young Man. I pray he makes it through. I won't go into detail but I found myself angry this morning and yelling at God. I knew right away that I was wrong but also know that my heart and soul hurt for this fine young man. With Gods Grace I know He will guide Shawn onto a path of recovery.

I ask all of you where ever you are or what ever you are doing .... right now get on your knees and pray for our Marine and his Family.

Yesterday Mr. Seeley told me which was echoed by his Mother this morning: "Thank everyone for us". Thanks Everyone.

Jim and I will keep everyone updated.

rich

vision836
10-08-05, 07:03 PM
My prayers are with you young Marine. Be strong and God Bless.

gys
10-08-05, 07:24 PM
Praying for a speedy recovery and the family.

im4chuck
10-08-05, 07:35 PM
Once again I am impressed with the community of current and and past marines on this site and those who have come to my sons bedside (Capt. Trent A Gibson) Thank you for the visit.
Shawn will continue his fight that he left in Irac and bring it to his own bed.
This is a battle that he will win and will fight for without end.
Hes a mean little mother if you ever knew him.
Thank you all again
Dad....

GunnyL
10-08-05, 07:52 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with LCpl Seeley and his family. I know he is a strong willed young Leatherneck and he will pull through!

God Bless,

GunnyL

CHOPPER7199
10-08-05, 10:09 PM
PRAYERS HAVE BEEN OUTBOUND SINCE THE NEWS. SHAWN WILL TACKEL THIS THING AND GET IT DONE.

BOOGIEMAN44
10-08-05, 10:34 PM
LETS ALL PRAY FOR SHAWN AND HIS FAMILEY, FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY AND FOR ALL OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS OVER IN COUNTRY, THAT GOD WILL PLACE HIS MIGHTY HAND ON THERE BODY AND KEEP THEM ALL SAFE UNTIL THEY RETURN TO US, MR. AND MRS. SEELEY, YOU TELL SHAWN HE HAS THE PRAYERS AND SUPPORT OF HIS BROTHERHOOD BEHIND HIM, SPEEDY RECOVERY LITTLE BROTHER, SEMPER FI MARINE...

ringoffire
10-09-05, 06:12 AM
Again, our prayers are with Seeley, Amanda, and his family. God Bless

GySgtRet
10-09-05, 07:57 AM
LCpl Seely and family. Amanda. Please don't give up Shawn hasn't and neither have we all here at this site. Is he at Bethesda yet? If so can he see visitors? Realising he is in a medical come he probably would not know that we are there. If he is a Bethesda were is he, floor, room, etc...???

I pray for all of the Shawns.

Semper Fidelis

Amanda
10-09-05, 08:15 AM
Thank you all so much for your prayers. I am in the hospital waiting room right now. I got here about 2 hours ago. I have not yet gotten to see Shawn, as the doctors are in his room. Thank you everyone for your prayers, keep them coming, they are needed! And thank you all for your support!!

Osotogary
10-09-05, 10:12 AM
I know what you mean, Jerry. If I am not praying for this fine young man and Marine...I'm think of him. It can happen anywhere; like on the way to K-Mart, getting gas for the truck, talking to a friend. It's like I want to see Shawn's recovery to the end even though I am not there. I guess that is how we all feel. Here's wishing Shawn a speedy recovery and the best of all possible days today as in the following days.

Gary

im4chuck
10-09-05, 10:23 AM
Shawn is in the ICU and has alot of recovery to go.
He is unable to breath on his own at this time.
the main concern at this time is the infection, and he not stable enough to have surgery to remove his gall blader so it is on a drain.
We are also concerned about possible blood clot in the lungs.
There isnt a bone, execpt his back, and head that isnt broke.
but those heal.
we have met with another mom here and have more info on what we are offerd with the Yellow Ribon fund.
continue your prayers as we all need them.
Also for those still fighting in Irac and in hospitals elsewhere.
DAD....

CHOPPER7199
10-09-05, 10:23 AM
GREAT THAT YOU ARE THERE AMANDA ALONG WITH THE FAMILY AS OUR FAMILY OF" MARINES "ARE THERE WITH YOU ALSO IN SPIRIT. THE PRAYERS ARE ON GOING. BLESS ALL WHO CARRY ON THE DUTY.

Amanda
10-09-05, 10:34 AM
Thank you Chopper, I just got out of the hospital room from talking to Shawn, (They say he can hear us talking to him) It was difficult, as seeing him with my own eyes made this nightmare real, not just something i think i am going to wake up from. But i told him all of you were praying for him and were pulling for him. Keep praying.

CAS3
10-09-05, 10:44 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with Seeley and his famly and those in his unit.
Semper Fi
Colleen

greensideout
10-09-05, 01:15 PM
Our household continues to lift up Shawn, his mother and father and Mandy in prayers.

Roulette
10-09-05, 02:07 PM
God Bless Your Love for Seeley, Amanda....I know he's going to recover and continue to stand by your side. That Marine know's where his heart is. Praying for you and your family's strenth and Shaun's condition to stabilze. God Bless you both with much love your way.

Sgtj
10-09-05, 04:55 PM
Again Amanda, pass along my thoughts and prayers to Shawn. I check this post daily for updates on his and your family's condition. The Marines of this sight as you well know care greatly for each other. That is obvious. Please let us know what we can do. The last thing he made need is tons of visitors but it there is anything at all don't hesitate.

Semper Fidelis.

Keith Jolly AKA SGT J.

mrbsox
10-09-05, 05:08 PM
Mighty and loving Heavenly Father,

This Marine continues to pause and thank you for the miracles you are going to work on my brothers body. I thank you Lord Almighty for guideing the hands of the surgeons that tend to the flesh.
I pray for your loving peace to be filled into the hearts and minds of his families, that hey know your love is all powerfull, and overflowing.

Heal my brother o-lord, and use my love for him, as fuel for his body. Keep him close to your bosom as he mends. He has run the good race, fought the good fight, for a cause that is more just than others can fathom. And he has asked only to be able to continue. I askyou Lord, let him continue this fight, your will be done.

Amen

Amanda
10-09-05, 05:33 PM
We now have an address that Shawn can recieve mail at. I am not going to post it right here as i have not talked to his parents about posting it publicly. But if that is okay with them, then Charles might even post it himself. but you can PM me and I will send you his address ,,or email me at mandyjones_dige@yahoo.com I will be on quite often, the only computer i have access to is in the ICU waiting room. This is only day one I've been here with him, and it has been exausting, but as long as Shawn knows i am here for him, and his family, it doesn't matter how tired or sad we get. Pray that everyone over here will stay healthy and strong. And I know you all are continuing to pray for Shawn.

im4chuck
10-09-05, 06:12 PM
Well it looks as though the other two have arived,
and the familys will come soon if not here already.
These young men are strong in body and mind but need so much.
I dont see how they do it, but they fight hard even with broken bodys, but not broken spirit.
coming to this site gives us a lift that WE need and abreak from it all.
Thanks again to all of you..
Dad..

JAMarine
10-09-05, 10:06 PM
I'm not sure if Mr. Seeley or Amanda will come back on tonight but I'll give the update and if they do they can add to it.

I just spoke to Mr. Charles Seeley and this is Shawn's update:

* Shawn has had a "Very Good Day" today

* The Infection is Reduced

* New Chest Tube is in and working well

* Fever is DOWN

Mr. Seeley stated that several Marines have come to visit LCpl Seeley including the Assistant Commandant of The Marine Corps. (Gen. Williams?)

So.... The Prayers are working and keep them coming. God Bless Shawn and his Family and Amanda. Marines helping Marines. This is what it's all about.

rich

BOOGIEMAN44
10-09-05, 10:20 PM
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE JAM, I PRAY ALL DAY LONG FOR THIS YOUNG MAN, THE GOOD LORD WILL TAKE CARE OF HIS OWN, I WILL CHECK BACK TOMORROW, UNTIL THEN, EVERY BODY KEEP PRAYING...ITS WORKING,
MARK

eddief
10-10-05, 01:35 AM
I'm pulling and praying for him.

Phantom Blooper
10-10-05, 04:55 AM
During this trying time,I lift up prayers to the supreme commandant for Shawn,his family and fiance. I also ask prayers for his comrades and pray that he and they have a remarkable recovery. Hang in there and fight Shawn with that true warrior spirit that you have displayed over your life and career! Prayers outbound and inbound! Semper-Fi! Chuck Hall:marine:

mrbsox
10-10-05, 09:01 AM
Most loving and gracious Heavenly father,
I continue to thank you for the miracles you are working on my brothers body, as you cradle his spirit to your healing bosom. I thank you for the grace and love and peace of mind that you bestow upon his families, as they endure this hardship with him.
May his soul be fueled with the knowledge that you are with him, and with the love and honor we Marines bestow upon one another. May he continue to win the race that he has willingly chosen to run, and in so doing fullfill your will for his life.
Thank you lord, in your sons name, for the brave that offer themselves up for the greater good of all. Praise be unto you for your mighty healing that you pour upon this warrior.
Your will be done.

Amen

Amanda
10-10-05, 09:38 AM
Hey, I just got out of Shawns room, he looks a little better than yesterday. I have not talked to a doctor yet today, but he had a relativly uneventfull night. His blood pressure was doing so well that they were able to completely take him off that medicine. So that is SO awesome. His body is able to keep that normal!

Coming on this website and seeing all your support is so encouraging. It's a nice break and refreshing. Pray for the other Marines here from Shawns vehicle. I told Shawn last night that all of you were praying for him and pulling for him. I know he can hear me talking to him, his brother and I read the Bible to him, and letters from people. He is such an amazing person, and God still has a plan for his life. I trust God is going to bring him through this!

LivinSoFree
10-10-05, 10:13 AM
Several glasses were raised to our brother here this weekend. He'll fight his way out.

Namvet67
10-10-05, 10:17 AM
Prayers on the way! Semper Fi brother!

GySgtRet
10-10-05, 10:29 AM
JAMarine,

Thanks for the updates. I am praying that all make it. I have been asking where are Seely and the rest of the Marines? No one has answered me. I am only an hour a way from Bethesda if that is where they are.

Semper Fidelis

rb1651
10-10-05, 11:44 AM
Mine and my families prayers continue for Shawn and the others who are with him. Stay strong Marines!!!!

CHOPPER7199
10-10-05, 11:52 AM
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE AMANDA, YOU KNOW WE ARE ALL SENDING OUR PRAYERS OUTBOUND FOR SHAWN AND THE REST OF OUR TROOPS. HE WILL GET OVER THIS AND CARRY ON. LOOKS LIKE THOSE PRAYERS ARE DOING GREAT IF HE IS OFF SOME OF THE MEDS. ALSO HE IS A TUFF GRUNT AND WILL ALSO FIGHT FROM WITHIN. GOD BLESS ALL.

jinelson
10-10-05, 01:07 PM
Thanks Mandy and Chuck for keeping us updated on our brother Shawn, he is in our prayers. Shawn has demonstrated his strength and determination to us before and there is no doubt in my mind that he will recover. The brotherhood and caring of the Marines of Leatherneck.com have made me also proud and fortunate to be one of the few.

Semper Fi

Jim

im4chuck
10-10-05, 06:14 PM
100 percent on his own breathing and no meds for blood pressure.
The vent will be put back on tonight to give him rest as he will be in surgery in the morning.
He is stable for now..
Dad...

CHOPPER7199
10-10-05, 06:49 PM
THANKS CHUCK ON SOME GOOD NEWS. THE PRAYERS ARE STILL GOING OUT. MAY WE ALL REST A LITTLE EASIER AS HE WON THAT BATTLE WITH BREATHING AS HE WILL WIN THE REST OF THEM AHEAD. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS.

Osotogary
10-10-05, 06:55 PM
Everytime I open this thread I do so with one eye open and one eye closed. Then both eyes open and real life stares me in the face. Thank you for the update, Shawn is on my mind constantly.
Good to see Shawn's progression. Bless you all for your thoughts and prayers.

BOOGIEMAN44
10-10-05, 07:05 PM
SEMPER FI TO ALL, MANDY, I'M WORKING ON SOMETHING, THROUGH OUR LOCAL SCHOOL'S, WHAT DAY WAS SHAWN HIT AND WHAT DAY DID HE ARRIVE AT BETHESDA, LET ME KNOW, THANKS, AND MANDY, I GOT YOUR LETTER, THANKS...I'M STILL PRAYING...
MARK

JAMarine
10-11-05, 12:12 AM
On top it goes. I want to keep this visible.

mrbsox
10-11-05, 05:44 AM
The Warrior Creed;

Wherever I go,
everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.

Wherever I am,
anyone in need has a friend.

Whenever I return home,
everyone is happy I am there.

Attributed to Robert Humphery, an IWO JIMA Marine.

Shawn,
you have fulfilled the creed. Now fulfill the wishes of your family and friends, and get your a$$ up and moving again.

Like your training, it'll start out slow. You'll have to do what your told, even though you may not understand why. But your will to go on must stay in the forefront. Let our pride in you be your fuel. You have lived what others fear to dream, or attempt. :marine:

My dearest Hevenly Father,
The miracles you are working on this young Marines body are truly the tip of your capability. Let your covering of grace and love fill his life, that his life my fill others with your love and grace.
The inner peace that only your sons name can offer, overflows into the hearts and minds of his friends and family. I ask that your guidance continue in the surgeons hands, as they re work the flesh into that which once was.
I ask that your divine wisdom be manifest into the hearts and minds of his comrades, that they can continue the fight with the knowledge that all is well, that Shawn is well, and all will prevail.
Thank you Father for your continued work in this mans recovery, and let this Marine bear some of the burden, that his loved ones may rest assured of Shawns victory.

Amen

CHOPPER7199
10-11-05, 11:55 AM
SHAWN MUST BE IN SURGERY NOW OR WE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN SOME WORD. MAY THE GOOD LORD WATCH OVER HIM AND ALL THE REST. THE PRAYERS ARE STILL GOING OUT FOR ALL.

JAMarine
10-11-05, 12:13 PM
Enough said.

Madjimmy
10-11-05, 12:22 PM
Can anyone proide the last name of the corpsman "Randall" who was injured with Seeley? His leg was blown off in the explosion, he administered his own tourniquet, and proceeded to give aid to the others who were wounded. Thanks be to God that he was there, and that he understood his calling!

Osotogary
10-11-05, 12:24 PM
Idle moments are no longer idle. Get well soon, Shawn. Get well, one and all.

Amanda
10-11-05, 01:27 PM
Hey all, Shawn is going into surgery today, they are opening and cleaning all of his wounds and going to do some work on him. He will be in surgery for quite a while. Last night he was breathing on his own. The nurse told me today they are putting him on a different kind of sedative, one that does not stick with him for so long, so they can wake him up when needed. They also said they are going to try and slowly take him off the resparator after the surgery, so he can breath on his own more and without the tube. That is awesome news!!! Thank you all for the prayers!! God is answering them! Keep them coming!!!

Mandy

Amanda
10-11-05, 01:29 PM
yes, pray for Randell too, he is here and i have seen him and his family as well. I am so thankfull for people like him!

Sgtj
10-11-05, 01:49 PM
Semper Fidelis.

PTWARRIOR
10-11-05, 02:58 PM
My prayers are with LCPL Seely and his family. God Bless him Semper Fi.

003XXMarineDAD
10-11-05, 06:03 PM
All our Prayers go out to the Seely Family. Strength thru prayer will help pull him through it all.

jryanjack
10-11-05, 06:22 PM
Semper Fi Seeley! God bess, all my prayers for a speedy recovery.

BOOGIEMAN44
10-11-05, 07:47 PM
PRAYING HARD, AND SENDING IT BACK TO THE TOP, PRAY,PRAY, PRAY...

GySgtRet
10-11-05, 08:22 PM
Amanda,

Thank you for the updates for all of us here on the site. There is always a good doc in a Marine Corps unit. Unknown rank Randell, thank you for being there when you were most needed. Amanda. I will be there either Saturday or Sunday. Ans yes we are all praying for all injured.

Semper Fidelis

jo_beth
10-11-05, 09:54 PM
my prays go out to you and your family, seeley.

Roulette
10-11-05, 10:19 PM
I've been visiting at Sgt. Grits and everyone there has sent their prayers and love for the Marines that God has so lovingly looked upon for strength and leadership of our great nation. May he continue to provide what is necessary for those who are still in harms way and for those who are marching on. God Bless with much love your way Marines. Special prayers are being said for the bravery of our Corpsmen without whom many lives would never be the same.

CHOPPER7199
10-11-05, 11:34 PM
THANKS CONNIE, WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR THEM ALL.

Joseph P Carey
10-12-05, 04:24 AM
I have just been told that my initial post did not go through on young Seeley. I wish that he is progessing well with his wounds, and he is always in my thoughts. He is a tough kid, and I know he will fight on through this adversity as he has in everything he has applied himself to. It takes a lot to put a guy like him out. He has his faith in his maker and his fighting spirit and many times that will do more than all the medicines in the world. Fight on kid with all you got in you, fight on!

Old Marine
10-12-05, 09:00 AM
God be with you LCpl Seeley. You will win this fight.

im4chuck
10-12-05, 11:18 AM
This morning Shawn came out of surgery and had all wounds cleaned and stitched up. might not need the skin graft, but that may change.
The fractures in his left foot were pinned, and his right heal fracture is left alone for now.
His left femer will have to be lined up and pinned possibly tommorow.
He is awake and in loads of pain,and aware of his injurys and that he is in the hospital, but he has the happy juice to take it away.
Dad...

GySgtRet
10-12-05, 11:22 AM
im4chuck,

Glad to hear the progress for Shawn. How is he doing other than the pain and what he has been through?

Still praying.

Amanda
10-12-05, 11:28 AM
Shawn is awake and alert. He knows what is going on. He gets frusterated when he trys to talk and can't, but he is doing so much better! He shakes his head yes or no when you ask him questions. It was so awesome when he turned his head and made eye contanct with me. I was resting my hand on his and he grabbed my hand and squeezed it. It was so reassuring. I told him i had to go later on and his grandparents were going to be with him, i said goodbye and he shook his head no, it's so good to know that he is aware of what is going on. He is in pain, but the nurse upped his morphine. So anyways, i will continue to keep you all updated until shawn is able to talk for himself! Keep praying, God is listening, and answering!

CHOPPER7199
10-12-05, 11:30 AM
OOHRAH, GLAD FOR THE NEWS CHUCK, GIVE HIM ALL OUR BEST, STILL KEEPING UP THE PRAYERS FOR ALL.

Osotogary
10-12-05, 12:05 PM
Thank you all for the update! If I'm not praying for Shawn and his fellow Marines, I am thinking of them. Personally, I haven't been this religious in a long time.
Take care.

marinemom
10-12-05, 12:19 PM
Three cheers for Shawn - he is one tough Marine - and I canot wait until he gets back on his feet and then back to us on the board.

Remember, God is good - ALL the time.

Amanda
10-12-05, 02:30 PM
i just left his room! The doctor was talking to him while i was in there and told him if he keeps breathing good on his own then he will take his tube out! Shawn smiled at him, the doctor was impressed and said, "hey you smiled at me! Your my only patient who smiled at me with a tube in" Then shawn laughed. What a relief! He is doing so well! He could get that tube out in a matter of hours. I know he is going to like that. He has his spunk and Seeley attitude. If you tell him he is okay but has some broken bone he looks at you like... well duh i have broken bones. :) he is doing awesome, all of the doctors are impressed with how well he is doing. Keep praying though, he still has a long road of recovery ahead! Amen Marinemom. God is good all the time. By the way i was in Alexandra last night. I told shawn today that all of his leatherneck friends were being so supportive and praying for him.. he nodded his head, so he knows you all care! Keep the prayers coming! Thank you everyone

GySgtRet
10-12-05, 02:40 PM
Amanda,

Outstanding news. He must be a very strong individual to have gone through this and getting better so soon. He has a lot of hope and the people that are around him helps so very much.

Semper Fidelis

garryh123
10-12-05, 02:56 PM
Great news! He is still in my prayers.

im4chuck
10-12-05, 03:34 PM
Well hes strong and getting srtonger by the minute.
No more sedative, and breathing on his own.And ****ed off.
hates the tube in his mouth.Like mandy said they may take it out real soon.
As mad as he was trying to tell us somthing ,it turned out he was trying to tell us he had to pee. they told him he could because he has the tube in his bladder.What a relief!!
I can only imagine what a handfull he will be when the tube is out of his mouth. He can be very vocal, and has a way of getting his point across..
More later Dad...

GySgtRet
10-12-05, 03:50 PM
im4chuck,

Sounds like the young man is doing very well. Congratulations so far so good. I will not giveup on the prayers however, he still needs them but it appears that he now has a fighting chance...!!!

CHOPPER7199
10-12-05, 04:37 PM
AH, GREAT NEWS, SOUNDS LIKE THE GRUNT IN HIM IS COMING BACK STRONG. HE KNOWS HE HAS THE BACKING BEHIND HIM TO GET THE JOB DONE AND HEAL. MAY WE ALL KEEP PRAYING FOR THE TROOPS.

ringoffire
10-12-05, 06:16 PM
This is absolutly wonderful news! We will keep praying, it sounds like he has a long road ahead him.

Amanda
10-12-05, 06:35 PM
The tube is out, and he is talking!!! He is asking about the other men in his crew, and he wants to say hello to randell, who is a few rooms down. He was talking to me and told me he has a whole new outlook on life. I said i was sorry this happened to him and he just shrugged his shoulders. He is cracking jokes and smiling, he is doing SO awesome! We are so encouraged! God is answering prayers at high speed!!! He knows about his injuries and was working on moving his legs while i was in there, so they could get exercise! I am so proud of him!! He is my inspiration! I am so lucky to know him and so lucky a man like him loves me! :) Keep praying! and thank you all!

GySgtRet
10-12-05, 06:50 PM
Amanda,

If he gets out of hand you can always ask the staff to put the tube back in...LOL

greensideout
10-12-05, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by im4chuck
Well hes strong and getting srtonger by the minute.
No more sedative, and breathing on his own.And ****ed off.
hates the tube in his mouth.Like mandy said they may take it out real soon.
As mad as he was trying to tell us somthing ,it turned out he was trying to tell us he had to pee. they told him he could because he has the tube in his bladder.What a relief!!
I can only imagine what a handfull he will be when the tube is out of his mouth. He can be very vocal, and has a way of getting his point across..
More later Dad...

A handfull he will be! For all that have been in a military hospital with wounded Marines know what I'm talking about. :D
The news of Shawn's progress is so good that it made me burst into a smile and to give thanks to GOD.
We will continue to pray.

mrbsox
10-12-05, 09:07 PM
My gracious Father in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
This Marine continues to thank you for the miracles you are working on my brothers body, even as he worries about his brothers. I pray Lord that your infinante grace overflow to those within his mind, that they may heal with him, and know that you are the almighty. The beginning and the end of all that is, your will is being manfest in these lives. Bless their families with your grace and presence, that they will endure all that lies ahead.

Lord, these brave men have offered themselves unto your truth, to bring right to others. I continue to thank you for sparing there earthly presence, that they may continue your work.

Amen

hrscowboy
10-12-05, 09:44 PM
I knew he could adapt, improvise, and overcome this little setback hes a Marine and always will be, Now Amanda tell him to COWBOY UP, KEEP HIS MIND IN THE MIDDLE, AND HE CAN RIDE THIS OUT. SEMPER FI LITTLE BROTHER.

im4chuck
10-12-05, 09:58 PM
He is back, mean,nasty,and iching like crazy.Scatch my leg, scratch my head.
Its so good to see him get better and complain about his nurse (who is wonderful as are all of the staff here)but he still complains
He asked about what happend , why he was here.
He told me he rememberd being in Irac then Germany and now here.
I told him what happend and he shook his head and said (This sucks!)
He is happy to hear that all here on this site are pulling for him and the others.
Thanks from our family and Mandy and Shawn..
Dad...

im4chuck
10-12-05, 10:03 PM
Saw the news today and got to see (old news now) The good news..
The Yanks are out of the game.. even more good news...
Dad..

Arlene Horton
10-12-05, 10:11 PM
I've been praying like mad since I read the first post. I have great faith in the Good Lord and I know that all the prayers being said are being taken into account. Amanda and Seely's family, you are strong and your faith and care will do a lot for his full recovery. Semper Fi and May God Love You all. Arlene

CHOPPER7199
10-12-05, 10:40 PM
AH, SOUNDS GREAT ON THE NEWS AND HOW HE,S ACTING UP. JUST WHISPER TO HIM WHEN HE GETS REAL BETTER THAT HE THOUGHT IT WAS TUFF IN BOOT, WAIT TILL THEY GET HIM IN THE RE-HAB. SUCK IT UP SHAWN, WERE ALL THERE FOR YA BRO.

Toby M
10-12-05, 11:15 PM
Best news I'v heard all week! Looks like the good Lord was watching out for that Seely...(as I knew he would)!

jinelson
10-12-05, 11:47 PM
OORAH!!! Get Some Shawn you are one tough Marine! God Bless You and and heal quickly. This is the news that I have been praying for. I pray that the other Marines and Corpsman that were with Shawn in that LAV are mending as Shawn is.

Semper Fi

GitRDone
10-13-05, 02:45 AM
Get better Marine, Semper Fidelis.

im4chuck
10-13-05, 03:56 AM
This kid is board and real stoned.
We read letters to him that we brought with us from home that we recieved before we left,and he will ask if any mail has come in yet. He thinks its mail call.
Its still, scratch this and that, hes not use to having a growth of stubble on his face and neck,ichy..
surgery on the femer in the morning somtime and he might be moved out of ICU at the same time..
GOD is good and this shows the power of love and prayers.
He told me that there is a reason he is alive and he feels he has a purpose here but not sure what it is yet . He says hes lucky, could be worse, its just a thumb..
I hope if I am in this condition that I also have his outlook.
Im sure the morphine helps also..
all for now..
Dad..

jryanjack
10-13-05, 07:28 AM
I'm so glad to hear the good news that Seeley is improving and that our prayers are being answered! Makes my day to know that he's getting better! Keep up the good spirits Seeley and we'll keep up the prayers!

rb1651
10-13-05, 09:58 AM
So happy to here that Shawn is so much better!!! Thanks Amanda and "Dad" for keeping us all posted on his progress. Get well Marine. More prayers on the way for you and all of our brothers and sisters there with you.

Amanda
10-13-05, 12:12 PM
Hey all This is a letter from Seeleys mouth. A direct quote word for word. I told him I would write down what he said, and he said he wanted me to post this on leatherneck for all of you. so here is shawn...

"Friends,

jgorosco
10-13-05, 12:17 PM
Good to hear he is talking. Tell em it is time to stop milking his wounds and get home. Again no more sittin there with his thumb up his azz. Just trying to add a little humor to a messed up situation. I do not mean no disrespect. Get well and God Bless Seeley and the Corpsman that saved his life.

SEMPER FI
IAOYAS

Amanda
10-13-05, 12:18 PM
A LETTER FROM SHAWN!

Hey all This is a letter from Seeleys mouth. A direct quote word for word. I told him I would write down what he said, and he said he wanted me to post this on leatherneck for all of you. so here is shawn...

"Friends, Hey it's me, I'm doing okay, Mandy is taking good care of me, and the medical staff is really good. I'm at the Presidents Hospital, near D.C.
The days are long here and not to exciting, but amanda takes up a lot of the day, and the rest of my family too. Mandy should be a nurse. I got new casts today so I am a bit more comfortable. Water and jello seem to be working pretty good, since they go down easy. I'm doing really well and they think they will be able to move me from ICU to the upstairs in a couple days. So I'll be out of here soon and able to talk to you guys!"

LCpl Shawn Seeley
USMC

MillRatUSMC
10-13-05, 12:24 PM
Thanks Mandy, great to hear from Shawn...also that your really there for him...what a lucky guy, in more ways than one...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

GySgtRet
10-13-05, 12:30 PM
LCpl Seeley,

Glad to see that you are not exactly up and about but you are getting closer to it. ICU to a ward great news develdog...!!! Your recovery is very positive not just for you but you, your family, Amanda and members of your unit. See you Saturday, I hope.

Semper Fidelis

mrbsox
10-13-05, 01:39 PM
Hang in there Lance Coolie :marine:
Prayers are stil INCOMING, every day, for ALL of you.

See if you can get someone to slip a brew in for that Corpsman. It's his Birthday.... and to say thanks from all of us.

Terry
Semper Fidelis

CHOPPER7199
10-13-05, 03:47 PM
GOOD GOING SHAWN, LOOKS LIKE YOUR IN THE NEXT PHASE AGAIN, JUST LIKE BOOT, FROM ONE TO THE NEXT THEN OUT OF THERE. NO DOUBT YOU WILL GETTER DONE. THE PRAYERS FOR YOU AND THE REST ARE STILL GOING OUT. SEMPER FI BRO

im4chuck
10-13-05, 04:04 PM
Good news for Shawn, this kid is on the recovery freeway, The docs are amazed at his progrees.
He just had the vent tube removed from his mouth yesterday, today hes eating jellow and sippin juice,this afternoon he is watching a movie on my portible DVD player.
They just said he is moving out of ICU to the upper floor with other soldiers. Moving fast now..
No surgery today there are others more in need of them today.
Plan is Monday to do the Femer and possibly the Heal on the other foot.
His memory of it all is comming back, they thought he was dead when they lifted the half of the hummer off him.
Thank GOD for the Kevlar helmet and the vest.
Dad...

im4chuck
10-13-05, 04:11 PM
More soldiers comming in tonight.
Pray that they all recover fast and the families are as connected as we are.Thanks to our local Marine Moms and Dads, This wonderful site and all those on it ,our church family and loved ones back home and all those we havent met who send support.
Im sorry I dont have the name right now but shawn recieved a Hand made Quilt from a Gold star mom from Yakima Wa. Thats on the dry side of the state from us Thank you for your love and Quilt...

rsta
10-13-05, 05:45 PM
Your news keeps getting better and better. Thanks Mandy and "folks" for the updates. Our prayers are continueing for Shawn and you all. God bless!

Semper Fi!

Bob

GySgtRet
10-13-05, 06:00 PM
im4chuck,

Your news is so wonderful. I am surprised that the surgeries are being put off though...??? There are people coming in worse shape than Shawn. He doesn't seem like he would mind knowing what I know of him, as an unselfish Marine.

Semper Fidelis

OLE SARG
10-13-05, 09:00 PM
Seeley,
Keep up the good healing!!!! Sounds like you are doing great. Apparently all of our prayers helped, at least I hope they did.

Hang in there and concentrate on getting all healed and back to the Fleet.

SEMPER FI MARINE,
OLE SARG

yellowwing
10-13-05, 09:03 PM
This was a very tough thread to read through. I guess its that Esprit de Corps in all of us that pains us so when we can't be right there.

Whether its in the thick of battle or watching by your Bro's bedside. We all want to be there.

Semper Fi, Shawn. You know we are all praying for you.

ringoffire
10-13-05, 10:31 PM
So happy to hear how fast Shawn is recovering. I finally was able to update the hubby on Shawns progress and he sends well wishes and of course lots of prayers.

im4chuck
10-13-05, 10:38 PM
We are out of ICU and in the sugery ward.
Shawn has a roommate and is very nice he has been here a while.
Bring on the drug induced dreams. He thought he flew in a plane to this room and would like to get off the plane now.
They have reduced the amount of morphine from 20mg to self induced by a button on top of his current 11mg if needed.
Trouble is he has no use of his hands..
so we will be near by for awhile.
but its nice to be here and doing so well.
Dad..

garryh123
10-13-05, 11:52 PM
My prayers go out to Shawn and all those who have paid the price for our freedom. Semper Fi!

yellowwing
10-14-05, 02:55 AM
sheesh...at times like these worrying over one of our own, I wish I had a 25mg buttom to push to calm me down! :)

jinelson
10-14-05, 03:18 AM
You and me both Wing ;)

GySgtRet
10-14-05, 07:47 AM
im4chuck,

This is really great news sir...!!! Does Shawn have a pilots license...???

yellowwing
10-14-05, 08:49 AM
At 11-25mg per that's all the license our Young Lad needs Gunny!

GySgtRet
10-14-05, 09:00 AM
yellowwing,

Dang...I guess your correct I have never had the unfortunate chance to have to be under the influence of this stuff and I am not sure that I would want to. Now a good cold bud or maybe some JD. Now your talking.

Semper Fidelis

yellowwing
10-14-05, 09:21 AM
10:1 Brother Shawn wants to get off that sh*t and back to reality, pain and all.

GySgtRet
10-14-05, 09:24 AM
Oh yeah I know he does. He just a bult to take drugs. He seems solid as in good man...OOORAH...!!!!

CHOPPER7199
10-14-05, 09:34 AM
GREAT NEWS AGAIN. CHUCK, DON'T WORRY ON THAT SELF HELP BUTTON, YOU CAN PUMP AWAY BUT YOU ONLY GET A CERTAIN AMOUNT. LUCKY FOR THAT AS WE WOULD HAVE ALOT OF O.D. ON THIS STUFF. HE WILL OVER COME AND MEET THE CHALLENG AHEAD, NO DOUBT IN MY MIND. SEMPER FI ALL P.S. THE PRAYERS ARE STILL FLYING OUT FOR ALL.

Amanda
10-14-05, 12:16 PM
yeah, he is sleeping right now. He is getting very agitated on the morphine, so they are going to see if they can put him on a different pain medication. So hopefully for his own peace of mind, he can get off that morphine and he can relax a little more... But he is doing well and alive, so everything else is no fun, but will pass! So glad he is here with us!

GySgtRet
10-14-05, 12:18 PM
Amanda,

We are also gald that he is here. I could only imagine being in a fog induced by drugs what it would be like for this lebgth of time.

grayshade
10-14-05, 01:21 PM
Hey there, Shawn, Gray here. I am very happy you still hoppin' in this world. You heal up good and proper and give that girl o' yours the best ya can, she's a real angel, a 'godsend'. Be strong there bro', I'll pray for ya, and best wishes as well. "Life's not all that bad, sometimes we even get to live it. " ;)

im4chuck
10-14-05, 05:18 PM
Boom boom out go the lights..
New med this one is not on a drip, its self admin only.
that Morphine was bad stuff, makes you feel as thogh somthing is on you and crawling.
He has been asleep for a few hours now and is still on for surgery today or tonight.
Myself and Ryan, the younger 14 yearold brother, are on our way back home Saturday morning. Ive got to work and he needs to return to school.
Mom, Grandma(the retired ICU RN) and Mandy will stay and watch over Shawn.
I will log on at home. Thanks again.
Dad...

marinemom
10-14-05, 06:25 PM
Excellent news, Chuck - and a safe trip back for you and Ryan.

I guess if Shawn is feeling better I had better start practicing that old tried and true Marine wife exercise - smuggling the one cold can of beer into the hospital.....want to get done right the first time, lol.

If Mandy or Robin need anything, tell them to call across the river and I'll be on hand.

CHOPPER7199
10-14-05, 06:32 PM
GLAD TO HERE THINGS ARE GOING GREAT CHUCK, HAVE A GREAT TRIP BACK AND YOU KNOW WERE ALL HERE FOR YOU AND FAMILY AND I BELIEVE AMANDA, WILL SURE KEEP HIM UP ON THINGS AND KEEP US UPDATED. PRAYERS STILL GOING OUT FOR ALL THE TROOPS.

GySgtRet
10-14-05, 09:12 PM
im4chuck,

Great news Chuch. Glad to hear that Shawn is starting to win this small battle. Have a safe trip back to your home.

mrbsox
10-15-05, 07:06 AM
Good news indeed.

Be advised that prayers are turning to praise, for the works done, but continuing none the less. I am glad that you were all able to be ther for him, and see his recovery begin. It'll will aid YOUR healing process too.

Shawn, you've got a dedicated family around you, congratulations.
You've got a dedicated brotherhood around you, Semper Fi.
You've got a long road ahead, Gung Ho.

Thanks again to all for keeping us in the loop, and travel safe.

Terry

rb1651
10-15-05, 11:07 AM
im4chuck,

Glad to hear the good news. Tell your son to keep the faith. We will all be here to support him. God Bless you and yours and have a safe trip home.

Amanda
10-15-05, 05:00 PM
He is himself again...i sat up with him last night, he was upset and angry..then he went to sleep and woke up, and it was a whole new Shawn. He is back to acting normal...cracking jokes, quoting anchorman...:) he loves that movie! Watching tv...and he has a real good attitude and outlook. He does everything the nurses tell him will help speed up his recovery! He is awesome! God is so good, and now that things are looking up, I can't forget that God is the reason Shawn is with us today. I prayed everyday that God would heal him and the doctors would be blown away with how well he was progessing, and they are all amazed with how well he is doing! God answers prayers! I am so greatfull!!

BOOGIEMAN44
10-16-05, 03:12 PM
NOW, HOW CAN ANYONE SAY, PRAYING DOES NOT WORK?? MANDY THAT IS GREAT NEWS, GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU, CHUCK, HAVE A GOOD TRIP HOME...

FullMetalJacket
10-16-05, 11:10 PM
Semper Fi Shawn.

OLE SARG
10-17-05, 09:29 AM
Shawn,
Keep up the good attitude and everything else will fall in line. God Bless and if you need anything from Kansas City, MO, let me know. I love country music too - old school George Jones, Merle Haggard, etc.).

You are still in our prayers.

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

david fox
10-17-05, 02:34 PM
This young Marie is in my son's company. This has been a real blow for them according to my son's last phone call (10/17). They are all constantly in my prayers.
Dave Fox, GMC, USCG

GySgtRet
10-17-05, 08:31 PM
Mr Fox,

I t is a shock all over. As we see this unfold I am hopeful for a recovery. This young man has a lot of spirit. Time will tell

Thank you sir,

BOOGIEMAN44
10-17-05, 09:55 PM
Semper Fi All, I Spoke Last Week To Dr. Madox, He Is The Principle Of Our Local High School, My Daughter, A 10th Grader, Wanted To Do Somthing For Shawn, So I Made A Poster Of Shawn, And She Took It To School With Her, Dr. Madox, Got Wind Of It, Swansea South Carolina High School Has Adopted Shawn As There Own, And Now Are Making Get Well Cards For Him And Will Send Them Directly To Him At The Hospital, Not To Many Marines Can Say They Got Adopted By A High School, Well As More Unfolds I Will Let Every One Know, This Is Just To Cool, That Young People Have Taken Shawn To There Hearts...

GySgtRet
10-18-05, 05:31 AM
Boogimann44,

Please give all of the kids a bug hug for Shawn and his family. That is too sweet of them to do this.

Semper Fidelis

mrbsox
10-18-05, 08:24 AM
Boogimann44,

Ditto on the hugs from here also.
It's good to see that some of todays youth (tomorrows Adults) are worried about someone besides themselves.

Semper Fidelis

Tudy
10-24-05, 10:58 AM
I want to add my name to mrbsox prayer dated Oct. 05, 2005.
Karen

captken
10-24-05, 11:04 AM
You probably all know this but just in case...if you want to keep track of LCpl Shawn Seeley and the Doc follow the thread "My Visit to LCpl Shawn Seeley".

sgt.r.n.davis
10-25-05, 08:21 PM
:yes: THE WORD OF THE LORD SAYS: FOR WE ARE GODS WORKMANSHIP,CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PURPOSE IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO. EPH.2:10...

I PRAY FOR YOUR QUICK RECOVERY, AND MAYTHE LORD HOLD YOU CLOSE, IN HIS LOVING ARMS SO AS YOU MAY FEEL HIS LOVE FOR YOU!
...AMEN...
MY DEAR BROTHER...GET WELL SOON...THATS AN ORDER MARINE...
HOPE IS FULLY TRUSTING IN OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.;)

sgt.r.n.davis
10-25-05, 08:26 PM
I Pray For Your Quick Recovery, And Maythe Lord Hold You Close, In His Loving Arms So As You May Feel His Love For You!
...amen...
My Dear Brother...get Well Soon...thats An Order Marine...
Hope Is Fully Trusting In Our Lord And Savior Jesus Christ.;)[/quote]

RichLundeen
11-06-05, 08:48 PM
Hey Seeley,

Hang in there man. You put up with Ramadi; you can get through this.

Hey, look on the bright side, no more Blue Diamond / Hurricane Pt. runs for you, eh?

Doc Crow
11-10-05, 07:47 PM
May God Watch and Protect this young Marine and his family and Loved Ones

carroll1972
11-13-05, 09:17 AM
Amanda.......can you give us an update on Shawn........and when Shawn is able to write......would love to hear from him.....

The God that I serve...is still able........Love you Marine and THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE......and God let his angel camp in your room........

captken
11-13-05, 06:36 PM
This is a copy of the update that I just posted on another Shawn Seeley thread.
----
My wife and I visited both Doc and Shawn yesterday. Both doing great! Shawn still plans to return home in a week and a half. That means Amanda does not need to quit her job but will stay home until Shawn gets there. A great thanksgiving day for them!! Mom and Grandma were both there and anxious to get him home.

Doc is scheduled to leave Bethesda tomorrow for Brooke Army Hospital in San Antonio. He hopes to be fitted with a prosthesis and returned to Bethesda for surgury to finish repair on his internal injuries. They will then do plastic surgury to fix up his stomach and he'll be good to go. Sounds easy but, of course, it'll still be a tough, long road.

I want to follow him to be sure he gets the recognition he deserves for his actions.

Thomas Chapman
11-13-05, 07:10 PM
Smoke and prayers go up from our lodge for this young man and hopes for a full recovery.

Ferg69to73
12-02-05, 04:13 PM
Eternal Father, strong to save, Whose arm hath bound the restless wave
Who bids the mighty ocean deep, its own appointed limits keep
Oh hear us when we cry to Thee
for brother Shawn across the sea...

In Jesus Name Amen

I'm no theologian, just an old Marine. My father was a Marine, I was a Marine, and my son is a Marine.

...and in my opinion, He is Always Faithful
Semper Fi

Amanda
12-03-05, 02:53 PM
Shawn is still in the hospital in Washington, but he walked for 10 min. yesterday on both feet. and he is making a ton of progress everyday. On the 8th he will be able to live at home and be outpatient. Everyone is looking forward to that!! Thanks for all the prayers after all this time!

BOOGIEMAN44
12-03-05, 03:04 PM
Mandy ,that Is Great News, Give By Best To Shawn, Prayer Works.

SuNmAN
12-06-05, 11:44 PM
Dear Shawn:

Staff Sergeant Nelson said you read this so I'll write to you...

My name is Sonny and I'm with 2/24 in the Marine Reserves. I will be going to Iraq in June. I remember when we both had the "poolee" icon and you were so motivated in your posts and I always loved reading them. Then you left for bootcamp...my best friend went to boot camp with you in the same company...he was E Company 2002, his name is Jeremy Campbell and he was the one that got stabbed with the IP scissors...if you remember haha...

He's with 2/1 in Iraq with now, and he also had a near death experience when the Humvee in front of his struck an anti-tank mine.

Anyway I don't konw what to say since we've never spoken to eachother before, but stay strong Marine ! The Lord is with you and you will overcome !

I will pray especially hard for you, even though I have never met to you or spoken to you, and the only interaction we ever had was via replying to posts when we were both "poolees", I feel like you're a brother to me.

I recently sent Jeremy a package full of goodies. I would be more than willing to send you some if you give me your address.

My email is stai2@uiuc.edu

I will be praying for you, my dear brother and indomitable warrior!

SEMPER FI AND OOORAH !

Lance Corporal Sonny Tai

GySgtRet
12-07-05, 06:00 AM
SuNmAN,

It is always a pleasure to meet one of LCpl Seeley's friends. You can find his phone number and address under the thread "My visit today with LCpl Seeley" also under "My visit with LCpl Shawn Seeley" will give you some history behind how I came about this information. This was very Marine of you to take the time to wish our fellow Marine a good recovery.

hrscowboy
12-07-05, 06:16 AM
orahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gunny orahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

gus
12-07-05, 06:29 AM
Belgium pray for you LCpl Shawn Seeley !
god bless you and good luck

1086PI1981
12-07-05, 07:09 AM
Hey i hope shawns ok just read the story have a merry x-mas later red

Seeley
12-08-05, 07:11 PM
SunMan, It's good to see you again, I remember the guy in boot who got stabbed with the scissors, it was hilarious! Everything is looking better for me right now. I got released from the hospital today, and I have Amanda here with me. Thank you for praying for me, it helped. Keep in touch!

HMX-1MP
12-12-05, 12:39 PM
I also just read the story and thank GOD that I pray for my fellow Marines every day. I am glad that you are back and doing well. Have a Merry Christmas and Semper FI.

redneck13
12-17-05, 07:36 AM
:thumbup: God be with you. I pray for your speedy recovery.

1086PI1981
12-25-05, 04:15 PM
merry x mass and i hope ur doing fine cpl amity in ohio

Tobes03
01-29-06, 02:59 PM
God Bless you brother. We're all praying. Semper Fidelis

scopekill27
02-12-06, 01:25 PM
May god bless you LCpl Shawn Seeley, it is Marines like you that keep the rest of us going.

It is a real honor to serve beside soldiers like this one.................

SEMPER FI, DEVIL DOG