PDA

View Full Version : One of the most awsome days of my life

GySgtRet
09-30-05, 03:08 PM
Today at 10:00 at Fort Myer Virginia General Richard Myers was retired and also is no longer the Chairman of The Joint Cheifs of Staff. General Peter Pace took the oath today as the 16th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and also as the first Marine to be sworn in as such. President Bush, Vice President Chaney, Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld, Condi Rice, and some other cabinet members were present also. It was an awsome sight o see because he General Pace mentioned as he always does about the senior enlisted that influence things in everyday life as a service member. The General then introduced his senior enlisted advisor. A CMSJ from the Army. A 21 gun salute to General Myers speaches by the digntaries. A flyover by aircraft from all branches, then a reception. Even with the painfully slow traffic going up to I 95 to Fort Myer was worth it. It made this old Marines' life worthwhile forever I will always remember this day as a day going down in history for our Corps.

Semper Fidelis:marine:

Nagalfar
09-30-05, 04:03 PM
Going to be nice to have a PROFESSIONAL in there for a change, and this is truely a change by every definition of the word Change.

jinelson
09-30-05, 05:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/GenPaceCJCOS.jpg

This old Marine is swelled with pride and hope for a new day in our 230th year OORAH!!!

Semper Fi

GySgtRet
09-30-05, 05:32 PM
jinelson, Nagalfar,

This Marine and his family are all awsome I know them personnaly. I was face to face with the General twice today and it was as though the clock had stopped when I knew him as my commading officer as a Major. When anyone can look me in the face with the cincerity that I have gotten over the years he in my opinion is the best. He and General Myers spoke today of the war on terror, the losses and the victories. It ways heavily on both of them sending Marines, Airmen Sailors, and Soldiders into to batttle. I wish that more of us could have been there today to see it. There were Marines there today that were in the same TBS class, a Col that General Pace used to work for. There was a member of his platoon from Vietnam there too. After today meet more of the family I even sat with them at the oath. It was like I have known them all of my life, and for the most part since 1980 that is quite a bit of my life so far being 53 on my last birthday July 16th of this year.

Semper Fidelis

GySgtRet
09-30-05, 05:46 PM
If this works there is the picture posed for the ceremoney today. I have never had any luckk at posing pictures.

Semper Fidelis

Joseph P Carey
09-30-05, 09:32 PM
Good job on posting the photo Gunny! It is a great photo!

Now, as General Pace outranks the Commandant, does he have the option to rate the Fifth Star? Or, will he remain inside the Marine Corps tradition of the highest-ranking officer is to be a Four Star General? This is new ground for the Marines, and technical grounds, as far as rank goes, as well.

But I am glad to see a man that knows how to work Air, Land, and Sea Forces together without having to consult a manual, and someone that knows how to look at the whole plan, and be decisive and knowledgeable in his decisions.

GySgtRet
09-30-05, 09:50 PM
Joseph P Carey,

I had two oprtunities today to speak with General Pace. That is a good question, it did cross my mind about it. I doubt if the rank struckture of the CJCS will change though. You should have seen the look on his face when I showed up. He loves enlisted and especially SNCOs not to take away fromSgt and below. The first Marine he lost while being a 2nd Lt in Vietnam was a LCpl and a SSgt advised the new Lt on how to proceed by wrinting to the parents. He is a great American and a greater Marine. Whilw sitting at the ceremony today we (wife) and some of the General's family where about 35 - 40 feet away from the platform where this took place.

I have tried till tonight as you know to post pictures today when I sent this up to the website was the first time I actually go the vorrect size to be posted so I would have sucess.

Joseph P Carey
09-30-05, 10:07 PM
If anything, Persistence is the mark of a true Marine, Gunny! Well done!

Osotogary
10-01-05, 03:36 AM
If you want, GySgtRet, you can e-mail your photos to me (I'll send my e-mail address to you via pm) I will resize copies of your pictures so that they will fall within the 500x400 size limit so that they can be posted by you, or if you want, by me.
Let me know.
Meanwhile, looks like you have a nack for taking good pictures.
Adio,
Gary

GySgtRet
10-01-05, 06:26 AM
Joseph P Carey,

Persistance is another virtue to me.

Semper Fidelis.

Osotogary,

Thanks for the help. But I finally got the message here on my screen as to what size. I can get them done now and thanks again. How are things for you and your family??

Semper Fidelis