PDA

View Full Version : A Dad's Guide.

Osotogary
09-26-05, 10:13 PM
I figured that I ought to create a guide for Dad's so that they can have a general idea as to when they can expect a call from their Marine son who has just returned from a stint with an MEU or deployment/tour.
Please note that I have left alot of variables out of the communications totem pole. I tried to keep it very basic (1 thru 6).Either way, Dad's will just have to wait their turn. LOL
Gary

GySgtRet
09-27-05, 08:19 AM
Gary,

So in the scheme of things you are in there somewhere. You will have your chance he will not be here without talking to his father you can bet on that. He knows that you have backed him every step of the way, as we are all witness to that at least on this website.

Semper Fidelis

OLE SARG
09-27-05, 08:46 AM
Gary,
I think you could also include Grandsons in your guide. GREAT cartoon!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

oconnoraw
09-27-05, 09:11 AM
This Totem Pole doesn't change throughout life. My dad does get calls on significant events, but they usally are the same time span as when I was in the Corps.

Old habits die hard!

O'C

Osotogary
09-27-05, 09:25 AM
This cartoon was created without one smidgen of malice.

I thought that a humorous approach to "why hasn't he called" (meaning any son or grandson, married or single) would make the anxiety of waiting for a call a little less stressful. Heck, life goes on...no matter where you are located on the communication
totem.
LOL

Joseph P Carey
09-27-05, 10:25 AM
Kids know that Dads are the most understanding of the parents; they know that Dads rarely are the one's that need the instant gratification of the children that it all comes in time. As most educated men will gladly tell anyone, "My Dad went from idiot to genius in the years I lived from ages 15 to 25! It is surprising how those ten years made him so much smarter than he ever was before."

Namvet67
09-27-05, 11:29 AM
Same thing happened to me Joseph! I got about 3 more years to reach genius in the eyes of my daughter LOL!

Osotogary
09-28-05, 10:36 PM
Well, what do you know? One terrific telephone call from Camp Lejeune.
His plans? He is going to pursue his collegiate football career and education goals. I'll have to get him to get online and introduce himself to all of you. Right now there is alot of work for him to do, so his plate is pretty full. He thanked you, one and all, for your support, prayers and well wishes.
Gary