PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Ophelia

Phantom Blooper
09-14-05, 03:35 PM
The Jacksonville area is to get the brunt of this storm in the next 2 1/2 to 3 hours. The worst is going to be if it comes in during high tide with the flooding of rivers and creeks.A curfew has been set for 7:00-5:00,for the county. We still have power and the wind is gusting up to 90 mph, but not too bad. I may of spoke too soon the lights just flickered.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall:banana:

thedrifter
09-14-05, 03:40 PM
We are safe at this hour too...
Winds and rain and more rain...

Mark is getting the generator ready at this moment just in case...
Huricane party at our house..

Just bring your own beer...;) :D

Ellie

thedrifter
09-15-05, 06:37 AM
We survived Ophelia.. <br />
<br />
Lots of junk all through the yard... <br />
Electricity stayed on for us...but some folks did lose it and still don't have any...Mark didn't get a chance to use the new generator.....

ringoffire
09-15-05, 07:16 AM
We are all safe, as well. We didn't lose power, just a flicker. Lots of wind and rain, but no flooding by us. It's still very windy this morning. I did lose one small shrub, but my fence is still standing. So far I haven't seen too much junk in the yard.
Nice car Ellie! I love the color.
Tina

GySgtRet
09-15-05, 09:21 AM
Glad to hear that all is well doen in NC. I wish that we could get some of the rain that you all speak of. We need it bad here in VA no rain for the past three weeks...Ellie. Tell Mark he could still fire up the generator to make sure that it works just in case this storm comes back to get you all...

Devildogg4ever
09-16-05, 04:02 AM
I'm glad to hear everyone is safe!! Been sending prayers the whole time. I live about 185 miles from Jacksonville and we only got a very little rain and some wind from it!!