PDA

View Full Version : Missing out on 20 million

yellowwing
09-13-05, 08:52 PM
American Space Tourist Ready for Launch (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050913/ap_on_sc/russia_space)
By VLADIMIR ISACHENKOV, Associated Press Writer
Tue Sep 13, 5:32 PM ET

STAR CITY, Russia - A U.S. scientist paying $20 million to hitch a ride to the international space station said Tuesday he hoped to do some research in optics and medicine while in orbit, and he had no anxieties about his mission.

Greg Olsen is scheduled to blast off Oct. 1 from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan in a Russian Soyuz ship with cosmonaut Valery Tokarev and astronaut William McArthur. Olsen will visit the space station for a week...

It really bothers me that those dang Russkies are beating us in marketing and tourism! Hell we ground them down into submission for the past 50+ years.

What does it take for NASA to get in our Nation's premiere industry? Nobody can beat us at marketing and tourism. Look at our accomplishments in the Nevada desert. We took a tract of land with some of the most hostile environment on the planet and created Las Vegas.

To get in on that $20,000,000 a pop, all we have to do is give someone a ride and put them up for a week.

Joseph P Carey
09-13-05, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by yellowwing

It really bothers me that those dang Russkies are beating us in marketing and tourism! Hell we ground them down into submission for the past 50+ years.

What does it take for NASA to get in our Nation's premiere industry? Nobody can beat us at marketing and tourism. Look at our accomplishments in the Nevada desert. We took a tract of land with some of the most hostile environment on the planet and created Las Vegas.

To get in on that $20,000,000 a pop, all we have to do is give someone a ride and put them up for a week.

Brother Wing, I agree with you! But, no one has ever said that the US government worked for profit or efficiency, if so, the costs of space flights would go down in the USA, and we would have to put traffic cops into space, and maybe a Marine detachment near the moon.