PDA

View Full Version : Attention On Deck!

firstsgtmike
11-04-02, 09:26 PM
Attention on Deck!

The subject is a Marine Corps Ball for those of us with no previous committments.

I suggest having it at the Slop Shute, Sgt. Pap's Place, or more fittingly at the NOMAD Memorial. If those hallowed halls are already reserved, perhaps we can create another room just for the Ball.

I don't know how it works, but if the concensus is that the Chat Room would be a better place for our Ball, send me directions and I'll figure out my own transportation and what to do once I get there.

This will be a No Host party, so BYOB. I'll donate a case of JD, and if my wife starts today, she can have enough lumpia ready for 100 people.

We'll need a signup sheet, so we'll know how many are coming and what specialty of their wive's they are bringing. Non-cooking singles can just mark TBA (To Be Assigned) next to their names, so they can be requested to bring that which is often forgotten or overlooked. (Bread, butter, condiments, plastic knives, forks, spoons, plates, ice, BOTTLE OPENER, etc. etc. etc.)

We also need to designate a time that will be convenient for all.

Once the sign-up sheet is completed, the officers can designate a set-up working party, the Color Guard, Participants in the Cake Ceremony, a working party to tear down and clean up the following day, etc. etc.

All attendees will be required to provide their own transportation, and a designated driver, if required. Those requiring special attention, please make your needs known in advance.

The Coordinator Committee is tasked with the responsibility of making this Ball an outstanding success, the envy of all other ball-planners, and evoke sincere regrets from the Commandant, MOH winners, and the long list of VIPs who were not invited to be the guest speaker, or guest of honor at our ball.

If we do it right, next year, we will be deluged with requests for invitations. (I'm sorry Your Majesty, this gathering is restricted to The Few and The Proud. And if you ain't a Marine, you ain't SHAT tonight.)

Semper Fi

Are we going to party? Or what?

Barrio_rat
11-05-02, 11:42 AM
I'm there, 1stSgt. Gotta work that day and won't be off until 2230 - home around 2300, Mountain Time. Sounds good goin into the chat room. Better interaction with the fellow Marines - makes it easier to tell sea stories.

I may also be able to talk the wife into some lumpia. She's found a way to make cheese lumpia - not having carabou cheese available. Turns out good. Got plenty of banana sauce too. Might be able to get her to whip up some pansit. She usually cooks for an army anyway, no matter how many are showimg up. Should be a grand day!

Well, I'm off... Semper Fi and take care