PDA

View Full Version : Presidency to be transferred to Cheney, Saturday

Sparrowhawk
06-28-02, 05:37 PM
http://a799.ms.akamai.net/3/799/388/a1c8ea5cc67896/www.msnbc.com/news/1541241.jpg

Bush to undergo colonoscopy
Power to be transferred to VP Cheney

By Charlene Laino
MSNBC

June 28 — President Bush said Friday that he plans to undergo a routine screening test for colon cancer on Saturday. Bush, who has had benign growths removed during colonoscopies in the past, will briefly transfer power to Vice President Cheney while he is under sedation.

BUSH, 55, said he had no signs or symptoms of illness. “I feel great,” he told reporters as he prepared to leave for his presidential retreat for the weekend.

The colonoscopy — his third — is “part of the annual physical exam.”

POWER TRANSFER A PRECEDENT

The president is setting a precedent in transferring power to the vice president while he is under sedation for about an hour.
But Americans should not read anything into the decision, Bush said. “I’m the first president to have done so under this type of procedure and/or physical examination [and I am doing it] because we’re at war. And I just want to be super cautious.”

The vice president “realizes he’s not going to be president that long,” he said.

According to NBC’s Dr. Ian Smith, Bush will be sedated with a commonly prescribed hypnotic agent known as propofol.

“It’s not like having general anesthesia,” Smith said. “Within 15 to 25 minutes of the procedure, he should be fine.”

LadyLeatherneck
06-28-02, 05:54 PM
..and I'm sure we're left in good hands for that hour :D

wrbones
06-28-02, 06:06 PM
Can you say Iran Contra? LMAO

USMC0311
06-29-02, 06:16 AM
nastalga question Bones.. Whos daddy was Head Of the CIA during the Iran Contra crap??

hint: daddys name was George

Barndog
06-29-02, 08:41 AM
Hope Dick doesn't choke on a sausage.
What's the first and last things you do when you know you've got a ****ed off Marine on your ass?

Pray

Semper FI

USMC0311
06-29-02, 08:57 AM
Barn Dog...:) U just made my day BRO!!!! TY and Semper Fi, :D

wrbones
06-29-02, 02:35 PM
George! Do I get a prize? LMAO....Loved Col. North's notebook!CYA Marine. Like a Colonel could get away with what he was accused of! LOL