PDA

View Full Version : NBC 10 Viewers Help Engaged Marines With Wedding

thedrifter
09-11-05, 05:46 AM
NBC 10 Viewers Help Engaged Marines With Wedding
Couple Still Getting Married In Cape May

NEWFIELD, N.J. -- Thursday night, NBC 10 aired a story about two engaged Marines who lost everything fighting for their lives to escape Hurricane Katrina.

That story inspired several viewers to help the couple put the shreds of their wedding back together again.

Jim Boughton and Jenn Wahlmeier still plan to get married, but they lost their rings in the flooding and now have to cancel their honeymoon to Hawaii.

The couple met as Marines in Iraq and planned a dream wedding in Cape May on Sept. 16. But then Hurricane Katrina came and destroyed their new home in New Orleans. They haven't even been able to get to their bank accounts.

Sheree Woodington, of the Head Over Heels Hair & Nails Studio, saw the story on NBC 10 and wanted to help.

"Every wedding needs their nails done and their hair done. I just couldn't take it; I had to do it," Woodington said.

Sheree's salon is now going to take care of the hair and nails for the entire wedding party.

Wahlmeier was just overwhelmed with gratitude at Woodington's offer.

The people at Robbins Diamonds also felt compelled to help.

"Jim and Jenn, all the people at Robbins Diamonds want to give you these two beautiful platinum diamond rings," said Jerry Robbins in a taped greeting that NBC 10 showed to the couple.

The couple can't believe how the community has come forward after seeing their story.

NBC 10 had the honor of presenting the couple with their wedding rings. Robbins Diamonds even cut the rings to match Wahlmeier's engagement ring.

"It's incredible. And people you don't even know -- it's just incredible how willing they are to help out," Boughton said.

"I'm just shocked and amazed and very, very grateful. This is amazing," Wahlmeier said.

"Our love is strong enough that we're going to overcome everything," Boughton said.

"I told Jimmy that I'd marry him through hell or high water. Careful what you wish for, I guess," Wahlmeier said.

Ellie

redneck13
09-11-05, 06:18 PM
I have another one that has been helped, not by NBC but by a Church in Flint TX. I just wanted to let folks know. These two were to be married before the Hurricane. They are now living at the 1st Christian Church in Tyler Tx. They being Catholic. The St. Mary Magdalene Church in Flint Tx., has reached out to them and gave them a big welcome, and a "HAMBURGER OUTING" at the Church Today. Along with Donations. No they weren't Marines. But, I thought it was mighty good of both Churches to coordinate and help these two. Thanks. We around Tyler Tx., have about 10K and still coming. Most say...."I WON'T GO BACK." MS. ELLIE? I enjoyed your story too. Thanks. God bless us all.

Joseph P Carey
09-11-05, 07:35 PM
For all the flashes we have seen across the screen of man's inhumanity to man inside the City of New Orleans, there are still so many good people in America to erase each one of them as nothing more than a collective bad dream.