PDA

View Full Version : Whose going to the Ball?

Shaffer
11-04-02, 02:33 PM
Was wondering how many Marines plan on attending a Marine Corps Ball this year and where you will be attending them?

I will be attending one of many Marine Corps Ball's here in Jacksonville, FL on Friday. In addition, a few local Marines are getting together at 0730 on Nov. 10 at the local IHOP to have breakfast. That evening I will be attending the American Legion's Marine Corps Birthday celebration.

Semper Fi,
Jerry
:marine:

Barndog
11-04-02, 03:30 PM
(from the Invitation direct)

What: Marine Corps Birthday Party
When: 09 November 2002
Where: Cisco Lake Resort (11 miles west of Watersmeet, MI turn South 3 miles)
Time: 6 p.m.

* Dress Blues, tennis shoes, and a light coat of oil
* Potluck dinner Bring a dish to pass (I have selected gumbo)
* Bring a Marine Buddy

Hopefully, Todd will be able to make it ( he hasn't given up hope yet) Yet, I don't mind the 528.4 mile drive to go to my Brother's pad and hang out. Drink beer, shoot weapons. Be Marines.
Feedin the cattle is somethin I kind of miss.... had some good times while I lived up there. Even cleanin the barn was fun. LOL Only Marines right?

Celebrate your Brotherhood.

Semper Fidelis

Jack
11-04-02, 03:40 PM
American Consulate Hong Kong. Marine Security Guard Detachment is hosting a birthday ball. Happy Birthday Marines!

Watchstander75
11-04-02, 06:34 PM
Up here in Yankee land, we've got at least two..... The local MCL Detachment has one, and the local Recruiting Staff is hosting one.
I'm supposed to get an invite this year, as my eldest son is shipping 8/03 to P.I. Judging by the age of the Recruiting staff, I'm probably ( gulp) in the groove for one of the first slices of cake......
:marine:

firstsgtmike
11-04-02, 07:36 PM
The ONLY thing I miss, here in paradise, is the opportunity to attend a Marine Corps Ball.

On the other hand, since the only thing I have to wear is: shorts, white t-shirts, and shower shoes, any Ball that would let me attend, I wouldn't be caught dead in.

However, as has been MY tradition for many years, on our birthday I will pop the top off a bottle of JD and toss the cork.

If not in body, I will join with my brothers, wherever they may be, in mind and spirit, as so many of them join with me.

A lifetime of memories, makes for a looong night of remembering through the laughter and the tears.

Often, my wife, and sometimes even the neighbors will ask when my visitors left?, because they weren't seen leaving my patio.

Thank God for the different time zones, because EVERY time I raise my glass, I am joining in a toast with fellow Marines in different times and places.

My private Birthdays are often better 'attended' than some of the Balls I have been to.

My last toast, to finish the bottle, is ALWAYS to thank my 'visitors' for coming and sharing with me a rerun of our times together.

Semper Fidelis, and Welcome Home Marines.

ecomsg68
11-04-02, 08:51 PM
Local Marine Corps League has a slop shute and I'll head down, have a couple and swat some sea stories & lies. :marine: