PDA

View Full Version : The main problem of New Orleans

Ed Palmer
09-08-05, 07:47 AM
CAUTION DO NOT PULL HANDLE IN FOUL WEATHER

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/bok.gif

CplCrotty
09-08-05, 12:23 PM
Great cartoon, with a bit of truth to it. Perhaps a possible solution would be to engineer a "backflow," reversing the direction of the water that came through the broken levees. In other words, a giant flush.

yellowwing
09-08-05, 01:05 PM
What about lowering the level of Lake Ponchartrain? If we can tame the St Lawrence Seaway and the Great Lakes, Lake P might not be that difficult.

mrbsox
09-09-05, 06:13 AM
I'm wondering what the EPA is going to say about pumping the 'TOXIC SOUP' from N.O. into the lake ??

Sounds like an eco disaster in the making !!

Nagalfar
09-09-05, 09:07 AM
mrb that sounds about right, I can see it now, the EPA sues FEMA to stop the pumping of water out of the city, more people die so that the crawfish can live! Born free.. as free....

mrbsox
09-09-05, 12:44 PM
Lets not forget PETA.

They'll be out there sabotaging the pumps to protect the marine life....

'IT WOULD BE CRUEL TREATMENT FOR THE FISH DO DIE A SLOW, HORRIBLE DEATH, CAUSED BY HUMAN INTERACTION WITH THEIR ENVIRONMENT.'

So...
It'll go something like;

The EPA sues FEMA for contaminating the lake by pumping the city down.
PETA sues FEMA for the contamination, AND sues the EPA for not stopping it sooner.
The City of New Orleans will sue the State for not enforcing the pumping to clear the city.
The State will sue the U.S. Congress for not enforcing the disaster plan that N.O. did not emplement.
Congress will refer the csaes to the State Supreme court.
The La. court cannot sit and hear the case due to the EPA declaring the entire state a HAZMAT area.
A class action law suit is filed by the National Guard and Army for health related problems of the troops, due to the IN-action caused by the EPA, FEMA, PETA, NO, and La.
Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton claim racial bias, because most of the displaced citizens of N.O. were people 'of color'
Michael Moore makes a movie
Michael Jackson writes a song

And the states of Mississippi and Alabama have recovered and are almost thru with the re-building

girlysister
09-09-05, 01:32 PM
I think you have it down to the 'T' mrbsox.

Joseph P Carey
09-09-05, 03:00 PM
Agree, MrBSox! Well done on your scenario of our system of competing laws and government agencies and ACLU lawsuits. I am most surprised that there has not been legal proceeding as of yet! I was waiting patiently for the next shoe to drop, but you have pretty well summed it up. The true tragedy of New Orleans will be in the courts of our nation highest courts.

To Paraphrase: One can not please all the people all the time, or some of the people some of the time. One can only make all of the people equally uncomfortable most of the time!

Ed Palmer
09-10-05, 09:10 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/LAGovernor6.jpg

"Bye, bye! Enjoy your new life in Texas!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/dlrjib.jpg