PDA

View Full Version : Oil Prices

gys
09-02-05, 04:49 PM
Gas prices in the USA have gone crazy. Went to a station this morning to fill one of our trucks. Price was $3.15 a gallon. Went for gas to operate our campground equipment this afternoo. Price raised to $3.35 a gallon. Something has to be done. I realize we have a serious problem in the south, however the prices have been going up continuously. Gas, Oil prices are hurting our economy. Time to complain.

thedrifter
09-02-05, 06:36 PM
You say that again....

Yesterday alone it went up .50 cents more with long lines...
Today another .10 cents..

Too much greed in this world....

Ellie

Nagalfar
09-02-05, 06:56 PM
I did hear a good joke about it if anyone feels like laughing at it.. "You know its really bad when gas prices are higher than bottled water prices!"

I agree, its time to complain.. morons telling us we cant build more refineries need to put in front of every gas station, and let the public deal with these morons.. starting with the EPA Reps and its gang of idiots.

BOOGIEMAN44
09-03-05, 08:03 PM
GAS CAME DOWN TODAY IN COLUMBIA, SC. FRIDAY IT WAS $3.26 AND TODAY IT WAS $2.99, NOT MUCH, BUT EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS.

yellowwing
09-03-05, 08:09 PM
starting with the EPA Reps and its gang of idiots.

You can try leasing out your back yard for a mini-refinery. Or maybe the playground and park down the street.

Putting them in a sane place is just the costs of business.

hrscowboy
09-03-05, 11:16 PM
WHY ? did you all not hear our CIC say dont buy fuel unless you really need it? sheesh i dont think camp ground equipment needs to be running at these prices.

crossram
09-03-05, 11:39 PM
The oil companies could sell gas at $1 per gallon and still be billionaires. We need regulations on it just like other utilities. Semper Fi

Joseph P Carey
09-04-05, 12:52 AM
I don't know Crossram! If there are 50 gallons in a barrel, and a barrel is selling at $60.00, that is $1.20 a gallon. When you add on State, Federal and Local Taxes, that brings the amount to a level where the minimum price is Total Taxes + Price of converting raw oil to useable fuel + Selling price to distributors + Selling Price to the public (Cost + 10% Markup) = Crap, here we are again!

It is not the price that the gas companies are sellling at, but the base price from taxes and other costs that keep the price high. You may be correct, If Oil were selling at a level of $30 to $35 Dollars a barrel, because then it would only cost $0.60 a gallon to the gas company, and considering waste in a barrel, that would come out about right.

Ed Palmer
09-04-05, 08:49 AM
We should all go back to school and pay attention this time

A barrel of crude oil or other petroleum product (abbreviated bbl) is 42 US gallons, 35 Imperial gallons or 158.97 litres. The measurement originated in the early Pennsylvania oil fields. Both the 42 gallon barrels (based on the old English wine measure, the tierce) and the 40 gallon (5 US bushels or 151.40 liters) whiskey barrels were used. The 40 gallon barrel was the most common size early, but by 1866 the oil barrel was standardized at 42 gallons. Oil has not been shipped in barrels for a very long time [3], but it's still used as a unit for measurement and pricing.

devildog12874
09-04-05, 09:02 AM
I think I'll buy a horse, I believe it would be cheaper.

Old Marine
09-04-05, 09:20 AM
If people start riding horses again for transportation you can bet the price of han and oats will go out of sight and the rag heads will monopolize the market.

Old Marine
09-04-05, 09:44 AM
Sorry about that, should be the price of hay, not han.