PDA

View Full Version : I would like to Officially Announce...

thedrifter
08-30-05, 06:14 PM
That Mark and I became Grandparents today at 3:21 p.m. with the birth of Nicholas James Alfano by my oldest son Rodger and daughter-in-law Rachel.

He was 20 inches tall and 7 pounds 10 ounces and is in fine health at this time.

My son already took his nap and Rachel said she is doing good.

Looking forward to spoiling my first grandchild... ;)

Ellie and Mark

usmc0353
08-30-05, 06:18 PM
Congratulations! I have 3 grandchildren and if I had known they were this much fun I would had them first.

Joseph P Carey
08-30-05, 06:32 PM
Congatulations. Now, you have all the fun of a baby without getting up all night to take care of it, but don't be insulted when your son looks at you, while you are spoiling his child, and he asks, "What did you do with my parents?"

nc.gal
08-30-05, 06:41 PM
:)
congratulations, Ellie on your grandson.
Now you can spoil him. Isn't that what grandparents are suppose to do :D

I'm sure he is a beautiful baby.
Post lots of pictures.
Again, congrats.

TazMatt
08-30-05, 06:45 PM
Congratulations on the new baby. We have nine grandchildren from the age of 11yrs old to the newest at 8 mo.s . They are truly a blessing.We had the youngest with mom and dad spend the night here because they lost power at thier house and was truly wonderful to wake up with a little one in the house again. My son also questions where did the dad go that he knew. He said that Caitlin has PaPa wrapped around her little finger,the left one because he is wrapped around the other one. Again congratulations Spoil him rotten. Semper Fi Sgt. Matt 69-75 U.S.M.C.

thedrifter
08-30-05, 07:08 PM
Thank You All...

Yes I will be getting pix's. when I go up later next week to see them....
Grandparents always spoil, since we can can give back...:D

Ellie and Mark

carroll1972
08-30-05, 07:40 PM
Congra.....Drifter....
I have 3....1 grandson and 2 granddaughters.....

trouble with mine.....they live in Idaho...and I live in texas......and only get to talk to them ....on the phone...

Grandson is now 7 years old..and the girls are 5 and 3

Wish i could SPOIL...SPANK AND THEN SEND HOME.........
LOVE MY KIDS THOUGH...

CARROLL..

HardJedi
08-30-05, 08:00 PM
AWWW! congrats Ellie!

GySgtRet
08-30-05, 08:50 PM
He is a big little brutt Ellie and Mark. Congratulations, and spoil, spoil, spoil...

Arlene Horton
08-30-05, 08:53 PM
Congratulations Ellie & Mark. Grandkids are a blessing. We have seven---four girls & 3 boys, plus one great-grandson. Five of the kids live in Florida and three live in Wisconsin. We have yet to see the youngest grandson, Sean Michael, who will be two years old on September 2nd. Pictures help but I sure would like to hug that big guy. He is three feet tall and weighs 32 pounds. His daddy is 6'6" tall and his mommy is 5'6" short! Enjoy that little boy and it's a given that they are entitled to be spoiled by the grandparents! Arlene

airframesguru
08-30-05, 08:56 PM
sweet! congrats ms. ellie

GySgtRet
08-30-05, 08:59 PM
And, SPOIL SOME MORE.....!!!!!!

ringoffire
08-30-05, 10:28 PM
Thats wonderful news, Congratulations!!

Toby M
08-30-05, 10:43 PM
Holding my grandson is the thrill of my day so I know exactly how you feel Ellie. Congradulations on being a Grandma...there is no better feeling.

CHOPPER7199
08-30-05, 11:14 PM
CONGRATS ELLIE, SO NOW HOW OLD DO YOU FEEL GRANDMA? WELL IF YA LIVE CLOSE YOUR LUCKY, MY GRANDKIDS ARE SPREAD OUT FROM, OUTSIDE N.Y.C. TO FLORIDA THEN TO KANSAS CITY AND COLORADO. THEY GROW UP FAST SO START TO SPOIL SOON. THATS THE BEST PART OF BEING GRANDPARENTS ALONG WITH ALOT OF OTHER LOVE.

Devildogg4ever
08-31-05, 05:04 AM
Congrats on the newborn grandchild!! I have 2 grandsons and found the love for them, seems different, but deeper!!

Phantom Blooper
08-31-05, 05:16 AM
Congratulations Ellie & Mark!

Grandchildren are a blessing!:bunny:

The only thing that confuses me is :
My son already took his nap He must have been wore out with those sympathetic pains and heavy breathing.LOL!

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Osotogary
08-31-05, 07:25 AM
Terrific news. I guess I could technically call you Granny about now but it's better that your grandchildren do it. :)
Once again, great news.

CAS3
08-31-05, 08:06 AM
Congratulations Ellie

Wow, you don't seem old enough to have a grandchild already.

I am sure that the drifter is smiling down upon his name sake and legacy...

thedrifter
08-31-05, 08:19 AM
Thanks All

Yes he is Colleen...
He already had his time with his grandson...now it is Ours....
Got told by my son...he resembles his granddad..

Ellie

OLE SARG
08-31-05, 08:48 AM
I can't hold all my grandkids (16) but it is fun to try.

Congrats Ellie - grandkids are great.

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

thedrifter
08-31-05, 10:19 AM
First pix...

http://www.thefontman.com/nicholas_alfano.jpg

Namvet67
08-31-05, 11:07 AM
Congrats Ellie! Don't know the feeling as of yet! I hear it's a lot like having your own kids but you don't have to do it full time!

radio relay
08-31-05, 12:56 PM
Congartulations to the proud parents and grandparents, and happy birthday to the little one.