08-29-05, 03:38 PM
A Media Relations Service
Since 1989
2020 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20006
(202) 546-0054

Decorated Iraq War Veteran Challenges Cindy Sheehan

To: National Desk

Contact: Capt. Hiram Lewis, 304-692-1236; William Greene, President of RightMarch.com, 877-266-6596

CRAWFORD, Texas, August 29 /Christian Wire Service/ -- Hiram Lewis IV, currently a Captain and JAG officer in the West Virginia Army National Guard and a GOP candidate for the U.S. Senate from West Virginia, has announced the new "Meet With Hiram" campaign targeting anti-Bush and anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan.

"Together with the conservative activist organization RightMarch.com, I will be traveling to Crawford, Texas, to demand a meeting with Cindy Sheehan," said Lewis. "If she refuses to meet with me there, I will follow her on her bus tour and continue to demand a meeting until she agrees to talk with me face-to-face."

Pledging to "dog her steps" until she meets with him, Lewis stated, "My mission is to persuade Cindy Sheehan to meet with an Iraq War Veteran such as myself and answer my questions about why she is encouraging the terrorists, endangering our men and women in uniform, and lowering troop morale." What's more, he said, " I've been calling on Cindy Sheehan to meet with me for a few weeks now. If she leaves town just as I'm getting there, everyone will know why."

Capt. Hiram Lewis, a decorated veteran of the War in Iraq, will travel to Crawford, Texas, Aug. 31-Sept. 2 seeking a meeting with Cindy Sheehan, an anti-war protester he says is "determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory." Capt. Lewis has three objectives: First, he wants to offer heart-felt condolences for the loss of her son, Army Spc. Casey Sheehan, who died as a hero in Baghdad on April 4, 2004. Second, Capt. Lewis wants to make sure Mrs. Sheehan supports what her son wanted to do -- see the job through in Iraq. Finally, Capt. Lewis wants to rally support to our continued success in Operation Iraqi Freedom while helping protesters understand how their efforts lower morale and endanger our troops' lives.

For more information, go to www.MeetWithHiram.com

Ellie