View Full Version : Campus Rads vs. Our Vets

thedrifter
08-29-05, 07:23 AM
August 29, 2005, 8:10 a.m. <br />
Campus Rads vs. Our Vets <br />
The antiwar unwelcome on campus. <br />
By Wynton C. Hall &amp; Peter Schweizer <br />
<br />
As college students hit campuses across the nation this week, a new...

CplCrotty
08-29-05, 08:04 AM
"For those who profess to embrace “diversity” and champion allowing “marginalized voices” to be heard, perhaps liberal professors, administrators, and students might learn something were they open-minded enough to listen to the heroes in their midst. Then, and only then, will they correct the tragic mistakes of the Vietnam era that valued politics more than patriots."

BULLSEYE! Enough said.

hrscowboy
08-29-05, 10:55 AM
FOR THOSE THAT HAVE FOUGHT FOR IT LIFE HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW... THATS THE BUTTOM LINE....

Joseph P Carey
08-29-05, 03:13 PM
I have been there! I went to a university after my release from the Naval Hospital at St Albans many years ago, during the Vietnam War. It is the same story time dated to the present. I had professors that would give me failing grades on papers not for the content of the paper, but rather because I was a DAV Marine.

You ask how they knew? That was easy. I went to school on a VA Grant, and we were required to bring around a paper to be signed by the individual professors to assure our attendance in classes at the end of each month. Up until the first attendance paper had to be signed, I was making A's on each written paper, after the first signing of the attendance form, I went to C's and less in some classes, until I brought the Profs and TAs up before the Academic Review Boards, and the grades were revisited to a higher evaluation grade.

Still, I was a marked man on campus, as were the other vets. Liberalism to me is described as, "We will say what we want, but you can not have your any say in the matter if you oppose us!" I see it has not changed in all of these years.

CAR
08-30-05, 04:08 AM
When I went to college (the "higher learning institute") I was amazed at the rampant liberalism and narrow mindedness of that kind. One of my favorite classes was a Victim awareness class that was taught by some lefty. I, along with 4 other Marines, went to every class and sat in the front row. Just so we could argue with him on all his ridiculous points. Needless to say he did not like us too much.