PDA

View Full Version : Dear Iraq: We're Sorry For the Media

radio relay
08-28-05, 01:36 PM
August 26, 2005
by Joe Mariani

The time has come to offer our heartfelt apologies to the people of Iraq. Oh, don't get me wrong. Only the far-Left fringe would even consider apologising for removing a brutal tyrant like Saddam Hussein from power. One would have to be mad to apologise for freeing 25 million people from over three decades of injustice, preventing Saddam from filling more mass graves and ending forever his predilection for genocide. Who regrets giving Iraqis the opportunity to hold free and fair elections for the first time ever -- making the oldest civilisation the youngest democracy? How could any American want to apologise for exposing and halting the massive corruption in the United Nation's Oil-for-Food program, which funneled billions of dollars into Saddam's pockets while doing nothing for his people? Or for the way France, Russia and China sold Saddam their influence with the UN Security Council in exchange for oil exploration rights, to be exercised as soon as the sanctions -- which only hurt the Iraqi people, while keeping Saddam in power -- were removed? No, there's only one thing that America needs to apologise to Iraq for: inflicting our Liberal agenda-driven media on them.

Read the rest of the essay here => http://tinyurl.com/dwyyb

garryh123
08-28-05, 02:34 PM
Good read.

OLE SARG
08-28-05, 07:01 PM
I agree that was a good read.

I have gotten to the point where I can't believe a damn thing the left-wing media says anymore. If it is a hint of making the USA look bad you can bet our media will jump on it.

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

dcline
08-28-05, 10:08 PM
Left-wing media I cant even remember the last time I heard from the right.