PDA

View Full Version : No one alive today will ever see this again

Namvet67
08-26-05, 12:16 PM
Tomorrow night around midnight Mars will reach its highest point in the sky and will be at its closest approach to earth in recorded history. The next time Mars may come this close to earth will be in 2287! Next to the moon, Mars will be the brighest object in the night sky. Those of you outside the city lights should have a great view! Mars should look as large as the moon to the naked eye!

speakeasy
08-26-05, 12:29 PM
MY WIFE GOT THE SAME E MAIL EARILER WE GOOGLED IT. IT ABOUT TWO MONTHS OLD. SORRY WE MISSED IT.

Namvet67
08-26-05, 12:42 PM
The latest rumor is that the above won't happen tomorrow night but may happen in October! I'm having my Mars party anyway..my guest will probably be too drunk to notice anyway! I'll tell them that the moon is Mars..LOL

Joseph P Carey
08-26-05, 01:16 PM
NamVet,

Actually, you are correct! It will be in October, not this month. The initial e-mail that went around was wrong, but any reason for a parteeee is good enough. Enjoy yourselves! That is what life is all about.

The truth is, I have been watching the planet each night for sometime now, and it is bigger than I have seen it before. The other night it was sitting right next to the moon, and last night it was some distance to the south and east of the moon. I can only imagine what it will be like in October.

Good luck on your patry.

Namvet67
08-26-05, 01:29 PM
Joseph...So it will be in October! Great...another reason for a party at the lake house in the hill country! Had this party planned for a while so gonna bring out the telescope and take a look anyway. No city lights out there! Have a great weekend! Gary

CHOPPER7199
08-26-05, 02:21 PM
SINCE WHEN DOES A "MARINE" NEED AN EXCUSE TO PARTY? :banana: