PDA

View Full Version : Elisted Selected for Joint Chiefs

yellowwing
08-26-05, 09:55 AM
Department of Defense
August 25, 2005
First Senior Enlisted Advisor to Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Selected

Gen. Peter Pace [USMC] has selected Command Sgt. Maj. William J. Gainey to serve as the senior enlisted advisor to the chairman beginning Oct 1, 2005. This is a newly created position established to advise the chairman on all matters involving enlisted personnel in a joint environment.

Gainey has more than 30 years of active duty experience including an extensive background in joint operations. He has served in his current billet as the command sergeant major for 3rd Corps and Fort Hood, Texas, since May 9, 2003

His biography is available at the Fort Hood website (http://www.hood.army.mil/fthood/3Corps/bios/CSM%20Biography.htm)

Take a look at the SgtMaj bio. Our General Pace picked a real warrior type. Alas, I guess all our Sergeant Majors were too busy.

HardJedi
08-26-05, 10:33 AM
well, at least there is an enlisted man fairly high up the food chain. then again, I suppose there probably always have been, to some extent or another. good for this guy though.

8th&I Marine
08-26-05, 08:49 PM
Gen. Pace was my battalion comander when I was stationed at 8th & I from 89-92. he is a damn good comander and makes wise choices.

GySgtRet
08-26-05, 10:25 PM
8th&I Marine,

He was my CO in Buffalo on Recruiting Duty. I concure 110%.

Semper Fidelis

8th&I Marine
08-27-05, 02:39 PM
Gunny,

Gen. Pace told us about his time as a new Lt. in Nam. All the nasty fighting his company did in Hue. He told us stories that the only thing you can do is respect the man.

Cantrell

yellowwing
08-27-05, 02:54 PM
General Pace is a Hue City Combat Veteran? OUT-FREAKIN-STANDING! Just reading about it 37 years later is enough to give you goose-bumps.

GySgtRet
08-31-05, 09:11 PM
I would like to see the torch handed over to General Pace. I live less than an hour (providing I-95 doesn't backup) from the Pentagon. I was speaking with a good friend and fellow member of the command that General Pace had in Buffalo. I know that I could not get into see him just to congratulate him if nothing else and give him a good OORAH...!!! If anybody out there has any ideas to meet and great the General pass them on. He is one outstnading Marine...

Semper Fidelis