PDA

View Full Version : Cindy Sheehan

cadetat6
08-23-05, 03:23 AM
Cindy Sheehan, son is turning over in his grave..
Her son en-listed in the service , like so many did to be able to go to college.. As a WW2 veteran ,we did the same thing. My mother did not go out saying FDR started that war. Even when my brother was KIA with 101st airborne. Where is her son father?
If we did what Cindy wants us to do, her sun died in vain and we all would be under Terrorists Control. CINDY wake up the latest pole said 80 % think you are wrong, so you are among the 20 % radicals.

Cadetat6

wymichael
08-23-05, 06:24 AM
You are so right. Everyone who joins the service knows what they are getting into and I am sure Cindy's son would not want her to be doing this.

Osotogary
08-23-05, 08:08 AM
wymichael,
I don't know if everybody that joins knows what they are getting into. I think, perhaps, they might have a general idea about what they are going to go through or maybe even fantasize what military service is going to be like for them in some cases. Still, all in all, when a person joins a military service for whatever reason, the words military and war have got to make somekind of connection. The words, "Training for war, praying for peace", or words to that effect, should be clearly visible for all potential
recruits and their parents or gaurdians to see.
Cindy Sheehan is being played by all those organizations, groups, and individuals who wish to push their own agendas to the forefront. These folks have taken a mothers grief and exploited it for there own gains...and it apprears that Cindy Sheehan has played along.
Yep,wymichael, I don't believe that Cindy's son would like what he is seeing right now. May he rest in peace.

Marzyn
08-23-05, 12:52 PM
My two cents:

What Ms. Sheehan is doing (I say miss because as a result of her beliefs her husband has divorced her) is a travesty to our kind. Personally, I didn't join to go to college, I joined because I felt a strong call to duty for my country. Her son may have joined originally wanting to go to college but I'd be willing to bet at the end he felt the same way we all do, patriotic as hell. Maybe I'm wrong.

What she is now doing is dishonoring every single member of the military past and present. I can't imagine dying for my country, to give the same rights my mother has here to protest MY OWN work to another mother in a foreign country. And have her actually do it. I would feel the greatest shame in knowing my own mother hated me for what I am. She may act as though she loved him, but how can you love someone that does something you hate? She is a fool carrying a liberalistic point of view. A believer of todays media. I can't fault her because I know what it's like to lose someone close at heart, but even so, she should be proud that her son gave his life for her and know how many other mothers are thanking and praising her for her sons actions. She threw it all out the window for nothing.

Well, that's my thoughts at least.
Vickers out

Joseph P Carey
08-23-05, 01:55 PM
What everyone seems to forget is that Casey, her son, had re-upped to go to Iraq! It was his wish to be there. If this woman wanted to do something for her son, which I doubt she had much contact with, then she would honor his request to allow him to do what he wanted to do as a man. I think Sheehan has a rather large problem with reality, and it is coupled with her guilt over being a bad mother to her son! She is a useful idiot being played like a fiddle.

outlaw3179
08-23-05, 02:53 PM
Mr. Carey I agree,

Her son was a grown man who reenlisted and then fully knew what he was getting into. I feel she is disrespecting him by basically calling him a child who didnt know what he was doing.
I at first thought she was being a mom who was just grieving. but now i think she has just gotten a big head because some people are using her as a symbol.
She has to accept the fact that we will not leave until the job is done and her sons death while tragic is something he knew might happen.

greensideout
08-23-05, 08:24 PM
Todays poll shows that 54% of the American people are in Sheehan"s corner.
I keep hearing that we need to stay until the job is done. Would someone tell me what that job is?

Marzyn
08-23-05, 08:56 PM
Our mission now is to stabilize the country. Ensure they are allowed a free democratic vote and install a democratic government. Once established, our mission is to defend their freedom from tyranny and oppression and build their country into a place where people can live without fear of death camps and have running water and electricity 24/7 instead of the 2-4 hrs a day they now have it, if at all.

But that's just my opinion.

Joseph P Carey
08-23-05, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by greensideout
Todays poll shows that 54% of the American people are in Sheehan"s corner.
I keep hearing that we need to stay until the job is done. Would someone tell me what that job is?

Again! According to polls 'Dewey defeated Truman', and 'Kerry should be in the White House'. Stick the polls where the sun does not shine!

Could you tell me what the question was that caused the determination that the American people do not support the war? Maybe, you can tell me, with the no call laws, how an accurate sampling is taken of the voice of the people, and what areas of the country the poll was taken in. The only people that are being polled are those that want something in their life other than what they have.

I will make a bet with you. The polls were taken in prodominently Metropolitan areas!

greensideout
08-23-05, 09:46 PM
Marzyn, I know the "mission" that's put out for the press and for those that want to hear it---I just wonder if anyone really thinks this is possable in an Islamic country? I don't.

greensideout
08-23-05, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Joseph P Carey

Again! According to polls 'Dewey defeated Truman', and 'Kerry should be in the White House'. Stick the polls where the sun does not shine!

Could you tell me what the question was that caused the determination that the American people do not support the war? Maybe, you can tell me, with the no call laws, how an accurate sampling is taken of the voice of the people, and what areas of the country the poll was taken in. The only people that are being polled are those that want something in their life other than what they have.

I will make a bet with you. The polls were taken in prodominently Metropolitan areas!

You didn't answer my question. You just dump trucked something about the polls.

Marzyn
08-23-05, 10:34 PM
I personally don't believe it's realistic to think our mission is going to be accomplished in the near future, however I do believe that our presence in the middle east is all that's keeping the terrorists from attacking us on the home front. Hopefully I am wrong, but I fear that I am not. I am, however, entirely for the war in Iraq as are the majority of the Marines and other military servicemembers I know.

Joseph P Carey
08-23-05, 11:14 PM

You didn't answer my question. You just dump trucked something about the polls.

I did answer your question! You are just not smart enough to see the answer! That is not my fault, but yours! We are there until the job is done, and not a day longer, or a day less!

You had two unrelated statements. One was about the polls, and the other was 'what is the job'!

The polls are bogus! And, the job is the same as we had in Germany and Korea! Stablize the country and the region! I have not heard you complaining about us being in Germany, or Korea, for all these years, and men in uniform are still dying there!

Truthfully, I would take every person, body and soul, tanks and packs, PX's and community action teams, out of Germany and throw them into Afghanistan and Iraq, and then I would take out Iran's Nuclear power producer and place it off line! But that is me, and not you!

If we are in for a Penny, why not a Pound?

chucktoo1926
08-24-05, 08:20 PM
As a WWII Air Corps vet , having a brother in the Marines Wake Island Unit, wounded on Bouganville, I feel I have a bye to speak mt piece.

I can't believe that this Gold Star mother could actually believe the things that come out of her mouth. I feel her anguish at losing her son; but to blame the president for his death, is unforgivable. I can almost hear the murmer of all those men & women who gave their last to defend their country and preserve freedom for the rest of us.

Her attempt to dishonor the President will only end in dishonoring her son. And I'm afraid it will haunt her the rest of her days
So let's all give a --- finger salute to the ACLU, liberals, and bleeding hearts, who have just won over another empty mind.

In closing, I leave them with the words that cut them to the quick

GOD BLESS AMERICA

chucktoo

greensideout
08-24-05, 09:18 PM

I did answer your question! You are just not smart enough to see the answer! That is not my fault, but yours!

And my IQ would be? LMAO

If we are in for a Penny, why not a Pound?

Auh, because this is America and we use the Dollar?

There are views other then yours. That doesn't make people other then you stupid, maybe just better informed but if you choose to be a lemming, go for it.

Joseph P Carey
08-24-05, 09:39 PM

There are views other then yours. That doesn't make people other then you stupid, maybe just better informed but if you choose to be a lemming, go for it.

Your argument is as luke warm as room temperature, which ironically is equal to your IQ now that you mentioned it!

The expression "In for a Penney, In for a pound!" has been around for many more years than either you or I, after all, it is just an expression!

I try to keep from calling people stupid, but you bring out the best in me as a comparison!

greensideout
08-24-05, 09:57 PM
Just wondering, do you have a hard time making friends?

greensideout
08-24-05, 10:45 PM
If you want to talk Carey, come into the chat room at 8:30 or 9:00 PM CST any day.

Go to the top of the home page and click on "chat". I'll talk with ya.

Semper Fi Marine

Joseph P Carey
08-24-05, 10:52 PM
Just wondering, do you have a hard time making friends?

Nice of you to ask, but I have no problems with my friends, or even being friendly with people, and ironically enough, I have been called a very gregarious person, which I am sure differentiates me from a person such as Casey's Mother (to get back on track again).

Her son, the US Army Soldier, Casey, re-upped for duty in Iraq. It was his calling that brought him back to a place where he thought he was doing a good thing for the people of Iraq, and the people of the USA. It is she that desecrates this brave Soldier's memory, not I!

She has had her drink at the well, when she visited with the President once before, now she has people that were advisors to Governor Dean and others like 'Move-on dot Org' that are using the fragile brained woman for their own political benefit

Cast stones at me, or my personality, all you want, it still does not change the journey of events that we are on with this poor duped and ignorant woman, as she is being used by the left wing for a political purpose, and she will be disposed of as quickly as she came to light when her usefulness ends.

If her son had one thought of what his mother was doing right now, he would cry enough tears to drown all of California, for the embarrassment that he has been caused by her! Her son was a Soldier of the United States, and he knew his duty and his dangers he must face, and he faced them like a Soldier.

Yours truly,
Joseph P Carey
(My friends call me Joe, you can call me Mr Carey)

Thank you for the invitation to talk, but I choose my friends well!

greensideout
08-24-05, 11:02 PM
Ok Mr Carry, your choice.

Semper Fi you old Jarhead---later.

carroll1972
08-25-05, 07:20 AM
OK......MARINES......LET TAKE A VOTE..HERE.....AND LET JUST SEE IF THE 54% HOLD TRUE TO Ms. SHEEHAN........

FOR......................Mrs. Sheehan.................
AGAINST...............Mrs. Sheehan.................

you know my vote.........I'm firmly supporting the President.....our Troops...(in harms way)...and all of our Military..........and I'M AGAINST Mrs. Sheehan (another ...Hanoi Jane.....)............She needs to GO HOME......and grieve for her..son.............She will go thru life like Hanoi Jane.........with this burden.........on her...for the rest of her..life....as a traitor to her country...her son, and to herself.....I think she called the president a liar.......now is this the pot calling the kettle black..or what....please....

IF BY CHANCE.....MRS...SHEEHAN...READS THIS........GO HOME.....GO HOME AND TAKE ALL THE TRASH WITH YOU.........(DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS)...TAKE YOUR TRASH WITH YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE......
BUT WHILE YOU'RE HERE........ENJOY THIS NICE HOT TEXAS SUMMER.....(100 DEGREES....WITH 100% HUMMIDITY....I bet she has a bad hair day.......in this hummidity.......LOL.........LAUGHING HARD AND LONG .....AT YOU MRS....SHEEHAN....... (:>)

chucktoo1926
08-25-05, 07:58 AM
Everyone, listen up; You all know how I feel about this mess. I truely believe Cindy is in way over her head, being duped into sinking to the level she finds herself in now. by those liberals who believe in nothing, but want everything.

Let us keep our responces above ground and leave it to the bleeding hearts with their visious diatribes to dwell in the sewer,as they do each elaction time.

Let's not sink to their level.

chucktoo1926
08-25-05, 08:24 AM
I just received this and thought you Leathernecks & family members who believe in a higher power than yourselves would enjoy reading it and pass it on.

Deck of Cards

It was quiet that day, the guns and the mortars, and land mines for

some reason hadn't been heard.

The young soldier knew it was Sunday, the holiest day of the week.

As he was sitting there, he got out an old deck of cards and laid them out across his bunk.

Just then an army sergeant came in and said, "Why aren't you with the rest of the platoon?"

The soldier replied, "I thought I would stay behind and spend some time with the Lord."

The sergeant said, "Looks to me like you're going to play cards."

The soldier said, "No, sir. You see, since we are not allowed to have Bibles or other spiritual books in this country,

I've decided to talk to the Lord by studying this deck of cards."

The sergeant asked in disbelief, "How will you do that?"

"You see the Ace, Sergeant? It reminds me that there is only one God.

The Two represents the two parts of the Bible, Old and New Testaments.

The Three represents the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost.

The Four stands for the Four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

The Five is for the five virgins there were ten but only five of them were glorified.

The Six is for the six days it took God to create the Heavens and Earth.

The Seven is for the day God rested after making His Creation.

The Eight is for the family of Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives - the eight people God spared from the flood that destroyed the Earth.

The Nine is for the lepers that Jesus cleansed of leprosy. He cleansed ten, but nine never thanked Him.

The Ten represents the Ten Commandments that God handed down to Moses on tablets made of stone.

The Jack is a reminder of Satan, one of God's first angels, but he got kicked out of heaven for his sly and wicked ways and is now the joker of eternal hell.

The Queen stands for the Virgin Mary.

The King stands for Jesus, for he is the King of all kings.

When I count the dots on all the cards, I come up with 365 total, one for every day of the year.

There are a total of 52 cards in a deck; each is a week - 52 weeks in a year.

The four suits represent the four seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.

Each suit has thirteen cards - there are exactly thirteen weeks in a quarter.

So when I want to talk to God and thank Him, I just pull out this old deck of cards and they remind me of all that I have to be thankful for."

The sergeant just stood there. After a minute, with tears in his eyes and pain in his heart, he said, "Soldier, can I borrow that deck of cards?"

Please let this be a reminder and take time to pray for all of our soldiers who are being sent away, putting their lives on the line fighting.

Prayer for the Military.

Please keep the wheel rolling. It will only take a few seconds of your time, but it'll be worth it to read on....

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands.

Protect them.

Bless them and their families.

I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

Amen.

----- IN GOD WE TRUST -----

003XXMarineDAD
08-25-05, 11:56 AM

Green we had this discussion before and it still is the same . If you want to join the crowd that did the same to you and your fellow service members in the sixties go right on ahead and do it But I'll be damned if I will stand and watch you and your like tear down our Troops now . These men and women that are in on their own accord and want to serve and were not drafted and know what they are doing . I know you and others do'nt understand the pride these young men and women have being in the services now unlike the sixties that you and others still want to bring back.

EDNA TRIMBLE
08-25-05, 12:51 PM
FOR HEAVENS SAKE IAM JUST A MOM AND PROBABLY HAVE THIS WRONG , BUT THE DESERT IS A VERY BIG PLACE WE DIDN'T FIND WMD THERE YET!! BUT WHO IS TO SAY WE NEVER WILL. WE HAVE GOT TO FIGHT EVIL ANY WAY WE CAN WEATHER THESE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO RESPECT FOR LIFE SEEM TO THINK THEY CAN DESTROY US AND OUR FREEDOM ALL THSES YEARS WHAT HAVE ALL THESE WARS BEEN FOR (EXCEPT VIETNAM ) AND THAT WAS SAD, BUT THESE PEOPLE WILL NOT STOP UNTIL THEY CONQUER THE WORLD A LITTLE AT A TIME LIKE A CANCER. WE HAVE TO GET THEM BEFORE THEY GET US ALLTOGETHER, AND IF IT MEANS TRACKING THEM TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD TO DESTROY THEM THEN SO BE IT. THESE POOR PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO BE FREE LIKE ALL PEOPLE ARE TO BE, AND HUSSEIN WOULD NEVER LET THAT HAPPEN . DO PEOPLE HONESTLY THINK THAT BUSH WOULD USE THE MOST PRECIOUS RESOURCE WE HAVE WHICH IS OUR TROOPS TO FIGHT FOR OIL?? WHAT KIND OF SILLY NOTION WOULD THAT BE OUR MILITARY ARE OUR FIGHTING ANGELS TO FIGHT FOR 'freedom' AND FREEDOM ONLY.IN ANY WAY THAT IT IS TO BE ACHIEVED. OUR YOUNG MEN DIED FOR THAT REASON FOR HEAVEN SAKE. iT IS JUST A SHAME A LOT OF PEOPLE STRAY FROM THAT REALITY AND BLAME IT ON SOMETHING ELSE . WHAT IF THIS WAR WERE HERE ???

Joseph P Carey
08-25-05, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 003XXMarineDAD

Green we had this discussion before and it still is the same . If you want to join the crowd that did the same to you and your fellow service members in the sixties go right on ahead and do it But I'll be damned if I will stand and watch you and your like tear down our Troops now . These men and women that are in on their own accord and want to serve and were not drafted and know what they are doing . I know you and others do'nt understand the pride these young men and women have being in the services now unlike the sixties that you and others still want to bring back.

003XX,

Perhaps, Green would like to do a 'Peter Paul and Mary' ballad about this subject:

Phantom Blooper
08-25-05, 02:18 PM
(My friends call me Joe, you can call me Mr Carey)

I sometimes call you Joe and I sometimes call you Mr. Carey am I your friend Mr.Joseph P. Carey ? Awwwww!! :bunny:

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

LDO Capt
08-25-05, 02:25 PM
I don't usually reply to these forums...still being on active duty I believe that by serving my country I am preserving every citizens right to freedom of speech...weather or not I personnally agree with them or not. I received the following letter today, and for me it hit home. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.

An Open Letter to Cindy Sheehan From the Proud Father of a U.S. Marine
By Brantley Smith Posted On August 17, 2005

Ms. Sheehan,

By your actions over the past two weeks it is clear that you missed an
important aspect of Civics 101: With rights come responsibilities. You
certainly have the right to voice your opinion against the war in Iraq
and the President's policies. You even have the right to camp outside
the President's home in Crawford and demand he meet with you. Your
status as a mother who has lost a child in the war also gives your words
and actions a credibility and a larger audience than otherwise would be
the case. Now that your supporters have given you a broad forum from
which to be heard, making you a national figure, its time you
considered your responsibilities to all of us. I have a daughter set to
deploy to Fallujah in two weeks and I have a serious concern with how
your irresponsible and short sighted actions might impact on her. She
is, after all, a volunteer, like your son, and she is going in harm's
way because she believes it is her responsibility to protect your rights
and freedoms.

Well meaning people like you always seem to forget the law of
unintended consequences and in your vanity and arrogant
self-righteousness never bother to think through what it is you are
trying to do versus what you may actually accomplish. I am here to
inform you, Ma'am, that you will not change the policy of our
government by sitting outside Crawford making a spectacle of yourself in
the name of your rights to free speech; what you will do is provide
more propaganda for our enemies and cost the lives of even more brave
and selfless American warriors.

How long do you think it will be before you become a star on Al
Jazeera? For all I know, it may have already happened. One thing is
certain, though, and that is that your actions and words will further
embolden a ruthless and evil enemy and more American blood will be shed
and some of it will be on your hands. I pray that my daughter will not
be one of them. If she is, then I will hold you and those like you
partly responsible. Yes, my daughter's fate will depend mostly on her
own courageous decision to serve, but only the most naive among us can
deny the impact our own words and actions here in America have in a
world grown smaller by the revolution in communications technology.

I am sure you believe that you are serving some great cause by putting
our servicemen and women in more danger and that you can, by your
irresponsible exercise of free speech, help end a policy you disagree
with. Your emotion may be compelling but the reality is that you will
not set in motion any process that will change or undo what has been
done. The war will go on because to end it now would dishonor the
sacrifice of all of our fellow countrymen who have died in the cause of
fighting terrorism. Rational Americans will not allow that. Too much is
at stake. Unfortunately, shallow and irrational ones, such as yourself,
will continue to put the lives of our sons and daughters in danger by
aiding and abetting an enemy who sees propagandizing in the mass media
as its main weapon in a war it could otherwise not win standing on its
own wretched and evil justification of radical Islam, or by force of
arms. You, Ma'am, have joined forces with an evil you neither
understand nor apparently have tried to comprehend. You direct your
anger toward our country while the enemy plots to kill and maim the
innocent. You make a mockery of responsible free speech while thousands
of young men and women fight desperately to preserve your safety.
Instead of honoring your son's sacrifice you are inspired to comfort an
evil enemy.

You clearly do not understand the challenge we face as a nation and
have not tried to put it in historical perspective. It is a sad fact
that it is those of your thinking that have led us to where we are
today. Decades of appeasement to these haters of everything we hold
dear has cost thousands of American lives from Beirut to New York and
in dozens of other forgotten places. Remember Lockerbie? The Achille
Lauro? The USS Cole? We as a people were dragged into this war, much
like December 7th, 1941, and we must fight and win it wherever the
enemy hides and against whomever would support him. Make no mistake
about Iraq. It is both a legitimate and crucial campaign in this much
larger, global war of radical Islam's making. These people hate us for
who we are, not what we have done. We did not bring this on ourselves,
as many would have us believe, by our policies and actions abroad. We
brought this on ourselves in 1775 when the Founding Fathers embarked on
a course of freedom, tolerance, and liberal democratic and social
ideals. These haters of all we hold dear strive to destroy forever a
government "of the people, by the people, and for the people" that
Abraham Lincoln hoped would never "Perish from the earth". They would
replace it with an oppressive world theocracy unlike anything modern
history has ever seen for its ruthless disregard for personal freedom
and liberty. If more appeasement is your answer for an alternative
policy, spare us. We have suffered enough from cowardice and inaction.

An historical analogy screams to be let out here. It is one of two men,
both named Chamberlain. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, a school teacher
turned soldier in the American Civil War, found himself in the
crosshairs of history on a warm July day in 1863 on a small hill in
Pennsylvania. Commanding the 20th Maine Regiment on the extreme Union
left at Gettysburg he was in a most perilous position. Should he fail
to hold against a strong Confederate attack, the Union could be lost.
You see, he was serving in an increasingly unpopular war at home
against a resurgent enemy, and for a President fighting for his
political life. Colonel Chamberlain, stoic but determined, refused to
yield. His small regiment held against an onslaught of Confederate
attacks, an action many historians believe turned the tide of the war.
He was later awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor. The other half of
this analogy focuses on Neville Chamberlain, Prime Minister of Great
Britain in the years preceding World War II. His story is widely known.
Through his policy of appeasement and a lack of moral courage, he
handed Adolf Hitler much of Europe. Which side of history have you
chosen, Ma'am?

Your son died in the service of freedom and my daughter will go in
harm's way to protect and preserve it. Honor their sacrifice, Ma'am, by
exercising it responsibly.

I will pray with you and I will grieve with you but I will not stand by
silent while you needlessly and arrogantly endanger the life of my
daughter and her comrades in arms. Please bless us with your silence and
go home.

Brantley Smith
Proud father of a United States Marine
Tullahoma, TN

carroll1972
08-25-05, 02:29 PM
another WELL SAID...............THANKS EDNA TRIMBLE.....MOM YOU SAID IT BEST.........

CARROLL

Joseph P Carey
08-25-05, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Blooper

I sometimes call you Joe and I sometimes call you Mr. Carey am I your friend Mr.Joseph P. Carey ? Awwwww!! :bunny:

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Actually Phantom, you can call me anything you wish, just don't call me late to dinner!

Phantom Blooper
08-25-05, 03:24 PM
This was taken from a sattarical website.ScrappleFace.com, the daily news satire site, features new stories virtually every day. Scott Ott, editor-in-chief, leads the vast editorial staff of ScrappleFace to cover the globe like a patina of dental plaque.

August 24, 2005
Leak: Draft of Bush Answer to Cindy Sheehan
by Scott Ott

(2005-08-24) -- An internal White House memo, leaked today, indicates how President George Bush initially planned to address Cindy Sheehan's question: What "noble cause" did my son die for?

The draft memo includes suggestions from White House communications staff, followed by several paragraphs apparently handwritten by the president.

While handwriting experts from CBS News continue to pore over the document to verify its authenticity, here is the text of the president's alleged response to the grieving Mom whose protest has captured the hearts of America's journalists.

Dear Mrs. Sheehan,
You have asked me to identify the noble cause for which your son died. I have not answered you personally out of respect for the nobility of your son's sacrifice.

Being president forces me into the spotlight, but I would rather stand in the shadows of men like Casey Sheehan.

Directing national attention on my response to your protest creates a distraction from what matters. The focus of our attention, and our admiration, should rest on people like Casey Sheehan, who stand in the breach when evil threatens to break out and consume a helpless people.

The running story on the news networks should be the valiant efforts of our troops -- the merchants of mercy who export freedom and import honor. They trade their own lives for the sake of others.

As a result, we live in a nation where a woman can camp outside of the president's house and verbally attack the president for weeks on end without fear of prison, torture or death. And the number of nations where such protest is possible has multiplied thanks to the work of our military.

You ask for what noble cause your son died?

In a sense he died so that people like you, who passionately oppose government policies, can freely express that opposition. As you camp in Crawford, you should take off your shoes, for you stand on holy ground. This land was bought with the blood of men like your son.

Now, 25 million Iraqis cry out to enjoy the life you take for granted. Most of them will never use their freedom to denigrate the sacrifice of those who paid for it. But once liberty is enshrined in law, they will be free to do so. And when the Iraqis finally escape their incarceration, hope will spread throughout that enslaved region of the world, eventually making us all safer and more free.

The key is in the lock of the prison door. Bold men risk everything to turn it.

Mrs. Sheehan, everyone dies. But few experience the bittersweet glory of death with a purpose -- death that sets people free and produces ripples of liberty hundreds of years into the future.

Casey Sheehan died that freedom might triumph over bondage, hope over despair, prosperity over misery. He died restoring justice and mercy. He lived and died to help to destroy the last stubborn vestiges of the Dark Ages.

To paraphrase President Lincoln, the world will little note nor long remember what you and I say here. But it can never forget what Casey Sheehan did during his brief turn on earth. If we are wise, we will take increased devotion to that cause for which he gave the last full measure of devotion.

Our brave warriors have blazed a trail. They have entrusted the completion of the task to those of us they left behind. Let's, you and I, resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.

Let's finish the work that they have thus far so nobly advanced.

Sincerely,
George W. Bush

greensideout
08-25-05, 08:06 PM
Some of you accuse me of not supporting America and our Armed Forces because I don't agree with fighting a war in Iraq. You are wrong. Dead wrong!

Let me tell you a little about myself and my support. I never meet a member of our Armed Forces without telling them, "Thank you for your service". Why, because I know that our freedoms depend upon their commitment to serve and I honor them for that. I served four years in the Corps. I served in Vietnam in 1962 with the first Marine unit there, not because I had to but because I volunteered to. I served in the Army for four years, two as a Training NCO and two as a Recruiter. I left a very good career to do that because I thought I had something to offer, something to give to the young troops that had taken our place. I led the Veteran's Day parade in a major city three years in a row carrying the Flag of the country that I love. I have trained as many as 39 different MOS's for war and yes, I did my job well. I served with honor and I am proud of my service and support to those that serve now.

I may have given more constructive support to our troops than some of you pointing your finger at me.

Semper Fi,
GSO

Phantom Blooper
08-25-05, 08:28 PM
greensideout,Sir, you don't have to defend your service or patriotism too anybody on this site. Every time a post is made that is slighty religious or political you will always have varing opinions,heated discussions and sometimes name calling.Nobody is right,just a bunch of opines from different Marines,family members and supporters.Some are republican,democrat,left wing,right wing,liberal,bi-partisans you name it were on here.

For what it is worth you owe NO ONE an explanation of your service to this great nation or your patriotism to same. If it was not for the varied opines of people like greensideout and "Mr. Joseph P. Carey" leatherneck.com and all the other military boards in cyberspace would be beamed up! Keep posting!

Semper-Fi"Never Forget" Chuck Hall:marine:

Wyoming
08-26-05, 07:57 AM
I got this from a friend, a Marine wife. She signs herself as DPMW (Damm Proud Marine Wife)

What I don't get is this: Why do these people think NOW is the time for the war to end?

How incredibly selfish, self-centered and ignorant does it get to say that now that YOUR son or daughter has died, NOW it's time to end the war? WHAT???!!!! WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 1800 WHO WENT BEFORE THEM????

War protestors MAKE ME SICK!!!

If I could blast that witch Sheehan I would......

NOW??!! So, NOW that YOUR son is dead we should pull out of Iraq? OK, right. So....the others who have laid down their lives doing what we believe in...their lives and now their deaths mean nothing? But your son's does? And how freakishly screwed are you that you place no value on their lives? You ARE what you claim Bush to be, you freaking hypocrite! You are not the ONLY ONE to suffer! Have you forgotten about the WIVES who have lost husbands and the husbands who have lost wives, the children who have lost a beloved parent, grandparents who lost their grandchildren?!!! WHAT ABOUT THEM?!!! How do you honor THEM??!! By saying that they died FOR NOTHING??!!! NOTHING???!! They died because "Bush lied"????!! WHAAAAT?!!!!!

You have chosen to wear your sacrifice like a flashy outrageous medal, or like a ticket to a show that gives you a right to be there...."Look what happened to ME, look what Bush has done to ME! I'm going to sit my ass in Crawford until I become a household name, until I tire of this cause and move on to the next!" Ohhh, for the loss....oh for the incredibly high admission price you have paid for your moment in infamy! You have not chosen the path of honor and dignity. Oh no, not you! Instead, you have chosen to slop around in the quicksand of selfish hatred and self-importance while others have borne their own extreme loss with humility, devotion, and untouted courage in the face of horrific pain and agony. Where is the attention they so deserve?

How can your son POSSIBLY be proud of you now? You trample with complete disregard the very thing he died for, you moron! You have completely taken for granted your freedom!! Don't the Iraqi people deserve freedom as much as you do? And do you think any of our fallen heroes would want to know how you have defiled their sacrifice??!! You have stolen your own son's spotlight...hang your head in shame, Woman!

Our hearts break for the mothers and fathers who have to tuck their babies in bed ALONE. Our hearts break for the wives, husbands and beloveds....whose whispers of lifelong dreams with their one and only have now been silenced. Our hearts break for all the friends who will never again share the laughter of that friendship....But our hearts CANNOT break for the bile that pours forth from your countenance!!

We WILL NOT feel sympathy for the path you have chosen!! You have turned the sacred to vile....and I WILL NOT LET YOU SPEAK FOR ME, CINDY SHEEHAN!!

rayearley
08-26-05, 09:44 AM
them"CHICKENHAWKS" WHO DID THEIR VERY BEST TO STAY OUT OF VIETNAM ARE NOW TRYING TO RUN THIS WAR ON THE CHEAP.SHAME ON THEM,FOR NOT PROPERLY FUNDING THIS WAR OR SENDING ENOUGH TROOPS TO GET THE JOB DONE.REINSTATE THE DRAFT.GET THE AMERICAN PEOPLE INVOLVED,BY DECLARING WAR,ALL THEY WORRY ABOUT IS THE WALL STREET SPECULATERS ARE KEEPING THE PRICE OF OIL HIGH WITH "CHICKEN LITTLE" TACTICS."THE KING IS DEAD" SO WHAT!!!OIL KEPT PUMPING!!!BACK IN THE 80S WE STARTED PUMPING OUR OIL INTO SALT DOMES IN CASE WE WENT TO WAR,GUESS WHAT?WE ARE AT WAR!!! BUT NO ONE IS TREATING IT AS A WAR,COLOR CODES,WHAT A JOKE,I AIN'T READ OR HEARD OF NO RAGHEADS BEING ROUNDED UP,LIKE THEY DID TO THE JAPENESE IN WWII.OSAMA SAID HE IS GONNA NUKE THIS COUNTRY,SO FAR HE HAS KEPT EVERY PROMISE HE HAS MADE,THINK ABOUT IT.NAQUONABE(RUFFLED FEATHERED) OJIBWAY

Joseph P Carey
08-26-05, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by rayearley
them"CHICKENHAWKS" WHO DID THEIR VERY BEST TO STAY OUT OF VIETNAM ARE NOW TRYING TO RUN THIS WAR ON THE CHEAP.SHAME ON THEM,FOR NOT PROPERLY FUNDING THIS WAR OR SENDING ENOUGH TROOPS TO GET THE JOB DONE.REINSTATE THE DRAFT.GET THE AMERICAN PEOPLE INVOLVED,BY DECLARING WAR,ALL THEY WORRY ABOUT IS THE WALL STREET SPECULATERS ARE KEEPING THE PRICE OF OIL HIGH WITH "CHICKEN LITTLE" TACTICS."THE KING IS DEAD" SO WHAT!!!OIL KEPT PUMPING!!!BACK IN THE 80S WE STARTED PUMPING OUR OIL INTO SALT DOMES IN CASE WE WENT TO WAR,GUESS WHAT?WE ARE AT WAR!!! BUT NO ONE IS TREATING IT AS A WAR,COLOR CODES,WHAT A JOKE,I AIN'T READ OR HEARD OF NO RAGHEADS BEING ROUNDED UP,LIKE THEY DID TO THE JAPENESE IN WWII.OSAMA SAID HE IS GONNA NUKE THIS COUNTRY,SO FAR HE HAS KEPT EVERY PROMISE HE HAS MADE,THINK ABOUT IT.NAQUONABE(RUFFLED FEATHERED) OJIBWAY

Ray,

As you seem so out-of-shape over this, maybe I should ask why so?

You say 'Chickenhawks' (a buzz word of the left), but, if I remember correctly, the President was in a military force during the Cold War. Yeah, it wasn’t the Marines, but no Marines have ever been elected President that I know of.

You say we went in with a force that could not do the job, but the force we sent went 350 miles in continuous attack, and in 19 day, it took out the fourth or fifth largest army in the world on their home turf. After all, that was their mission, to remove the government of Iraq, and they did one hell of a job!

Oh yeah! The war was about oil!?!?!? Again, if it were so, where is the benefit? The only thing about oil that I can see is that we kept the revenue for the oil out of the hands of the Terrorists, The UN Officials that managed the oil, and the Socialist anti-USA Organizations that Saddam sponsored throughout the world, not to mention the bribes he paid to the French Government Officials and Security Council Officials in the UN.

Reinstate the Draft??? Why? What could we possible teach a draftee Soldier in his two years of service in the new technically equipped Army of today? By the time the Draftee learns anything, he is out the door!

If you had not heard of any Middle Eastern People being rounded up, perhaps it is time that you read a newspaper. They were rounded up, but unlike the Japanese of Manzanita fame and others during WWII, the entire families were not placed into concentration camps the way you would have had it done. What we did to the Japanese Americans during the Second World War was a crime. They were Americans! They were good Americans as anyone that served in the European theater would attest to, because the American Japanese Units in Europe were the most decorated Soldiers in the fight!

As far as Osama bin Laden goes, he has not kept every promise he has made, he has not kept any promise he has made since 911. The only time he has hurt us was long before we stepped foot on the OIF soil we currently are standing on. There have been no attacks on the American Continent since 911. They are too busy trying to concoct a victory over American Soldiers and Marines in Iraq and Afghanistan, and to date, nothing on the battlefield comes close to a victory for Osama bin Laden or his ilk!

Don't believe all you read in the left wing accounts of actions in Iraq. I do not see any force of arms of troops attacking any Iraqi Army or US Troops in Iraq. The enemy's forces are so depleted that all they can do is lay in IED's that one in ten will have any effect on US or Iraqi Troops. They are clearly not gaining any momentum with the people of Iraq, and they are losing the war. Their only hope, like that of the North Vietnamese is a political victory given to them by the US Congress, and you appear to be willing to allow that to happen!

jgorosco
08-26-05, 12:15 PM
Joseph P. Carey you are my New Hero. Spoken and written like a true Genius. Keep that computer keyboard burning.

SEMPER FI
IYAOYAS

003XXMarineDAD
08-26-05, 01:48 PM
Joeph P. Carey
I truly admire how you write, I have had chat in the room with Greensideout on these topics before and get the same out of it always. I was told that because I never served I had not right to be on this forum. I however feel because My son is going to be a Marine in two weeks I do. He gradurates on the 9th of Sept. at MCRD in San Deigo. I feel that watching my son decide to join the Marines does what he wants to do and I will support him in every way.I will not stand on the side lines letting the likes of code pink and moveon.org have their way ,without a response in like from me from a support the Troops perspective.

radio relay
08-26-05, 03:42 PM
OK Carey,

I don't get it.

Last week you were going way out of your way to point out every mistake and foible of our only friend in the middle east, Israel.

Now you are up in arms, and Gung Ho in your support of everything the U.S. is doing in the middle east.

So what is it with you? Just like to fight, or do you actually support our troops, our President, and our intentions in the Iraq, and Afghanistan, and the war on terror?

I for one, agree with everything you have posted in this thread. However, I'm not one of your drooling entourage that considers you a "genius".... so don't let it go to your head

radio relay
08-26-05, 03:57 PM
To various Marine Dads. I'm very thankful that you have raised sons who have shown the strength of charactor to become Marines. I also think you have every right to be in a Marine oriented discussion forum.

However, having said that, I still wonder why you, yourselves did not do the same? I.E. serve our country in the military.

It kind of strikes a sour note with me when people justify their own lack of military service by saying that some other relative served. It's as though that gives them a bye.

I'm sure it's not what you intend, but it sounds as though you are somehow putting yourself on equal footing with someone who has put on the uniform and given years of their lives (and in some cases, much more) to defend our country, and our way of life.

003XXMarineDAD
08-26-05, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by radio relay
To various Marine Dads. I'm very thankful that you have raised sons who have shown the strength of charactor to become Marines. I also think you have every right to be in a Marine oriented discussion forum.

However, having said that, I still wonder why you, yourselves did not do the same? I.E. serve our country in the military.

It kind of strikes a sour note with me when people justify their own lack of military service by saying that some other relative served. It's as though that gives them a bye.

I'm sure it's not what you intend, but it sounds as though you are somehow putting yourself on equal footing with someone who has put on the uniform and given years of their lives (and in some cases, much more) to defend our country, and our way of life.
No I'am not putting myself on equal footing but I guess if they would let Diabectics in the sevice I would have gone. What my point is if you only let the people that serve have a voice then you take a whole lot of support for the people that do serve away. If you do'nt like parents of young men and women supporting their son's and daughter tough. I will do it anyway.

Joseph P Carey
08-26-05, 04:37 PM
OK Carey,

I don't get it.

Last week you were going way out of your way to point out every mistake and foible of our only friend in the middle east, Israel.

Now you are up in arms, and Gung Ho in your support of everything the U.S. is doing in the middle east.

So what is with you? Just like to fight, or do you actually support our troops, our President, and our intentions in the Iraq, and Afghanistan, and the war on terror?

I for one, agree with everything you have posted in this thread. However, I'm not one of your drooling entourage that considers you a "genius".... so don't let it go to your head

Radio,

IF you have read of me, one word of our worst ally in the world, in this thread, Israel, please point it out to me! It is no secret to anyone on this board that I do not think much of the Zealots or the Theocracies that will not include all others in their design for the future. I believe there is enough room in this world for all to live in and for all to believe in what they wish. I include such allies as Saudi Arabia and Israel in this statement.

Truthfully, being Irish-American, I have not much appeal for Royal Families as well. My loyalty is to the USA, and to the Constitution of the USA alone, whereby all men are created equal, not just the ones that believe in a certain religion or a certain politics, but all creeds, all colors and all national origins are one people, Americans.

As far as I am concerned, Israel has killed more Americans than many an Islamic Country ever has, and not indirectly, but with malice and aforethought behind what they did. They murdered our Sailors and Marines on the USS Liberty.

Read what you wish of that!

Joseph P Carey
08-26-05, 04:50 PM

Radio,

Many people can not serve for a variety of reasons. They may be too old to serve in uniform, they may not have been born here and they came here after a certain age, they may even have medical problems or health issues that will not allow them to do so. But, any time you wish to match me, Purple Heart for Purple Heart, or awards for combat valor, come match up Radio.

How dare you say that to people that are proud of their sons and their daughters for doing what they do. They are giving their life's blood to the cause of the USA, and they are proud of that.

Shame on you Radio!

chucktoo1926
08-26-05, 05:08 PM
I'm sorry Edna Trimble; You posted your sentiments beautifully, but no-one out there seems to want to respond to what you have to say. Is this going to end up in a free-for-all to see who can out-do the last guy. Stop for a bit and listen to what the other MOTHERS have to say. After all, they are closer to it than we are. There are many Gold Star Mothers out there who feel there sons & daughters DID give their lives for a good cause. Let them speak what is in their hearts, AND LISTEN

thedrifter
08-26-05, 05:17 PM
The Marines have it under control...
Forcing other folks opinions on us is not tolerated...

Someone need to learn Respect...;)

Ellie

greensideout
08-26-05, 07:23 PM
Joeph P. Carey
I truly admire how you write, I have had chat in the room with Greensideout on these topics before and get the same out of it always. I was told that because I never served I had not right to be on this forum.

Just for the record 003XXMarineDAD you need to get it right. You have never heard me say that you should not be on this forum. You may have been told that by someone, but not from me. A part of what this forum is about is Marine family support. Your son is learning to get it right, you need to do the same.

BTW, congrats---(To your son)---looks like he made it.

GSO

thedrifter
08-26-05, 07:43 PM
Sheehan now looks to take on Congress
Iraq war protester says she'll start with Texas Republican Tom DeLay

CRAWFORD, Texas (Reuters) -- Iraq war protester Cindy Sheehan said Friday she plans to expand her focus to Congress, starting with House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, a Bush ally and fellow Texan.

Sheehan has been camped outside the president's Crawford, Texas, ranch this month, seeking a meeting with him to discuss the U.S. presence in Iraq, where her son was killed in 2004.

She plans to begin a bus tour on Thursday to the White House to campaign for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq.

One of DeLay's Texas district offices, near Houston, would likely be the first stop, she said. That is about a five-and-a-half hour drive from Bush's ranch, near Waco, where he is on a month-long vacation.

"I think our first stop might be Tom DeLay's office," she said, surrounded by supporters. "I just wanted to let him know, so he'll be in his office when we get there."

"The president is not going to meet with us, probably," Sheehan said. "We the people need to influence our congressional representatives, and I hear he's pretty close by," she added, referring to DeLay.

A spokeswoman for DeLay said his schedule was already set and did not plan to change it to meet with Sheehan.

"Mr. DeLay disagrees with those who believe we should give the terrorists the timeline they want and simply cut and run from the war in Iraq," said DeLay spokeswoman Shannon Flaherty.

Sheehan met once with Bush after her son, Casey, was killed but has sought a second meeting to ask the president to explain why he believes the 24-year-old Army specialist died for a "noble cause."

Almost 1,900 U.S. troops have been killed in the conflict.

Bush has said he sympathizes with Sheehan, as well as with the families of all the soldiers who have died. But he has staunchly defended his actions in Iraq and has said leaving now would lead to greater dangers for the United States and Iraq.

A Gallup poll released on Friday showed Bush's job approval rating among Americans had slipped to the lowest point of his administration, with 40 percent of the poll's 1,007 adult respondents, supporting his performance and 56 percent disapproving.

Bush's previous low was 44 percent, one month ago.

The latest survey, conducted this week, noted a drop in support among independents and confirmed the findings of other recent polls, which showed Bush's approval rating even lower.

Compared with other post-World War II presidents at this point in their second term, only Richard Nixon had a lower job approval rating and he was in the midst of the Watergate scandal, Gallup said. The others were all above 50 percent.

Ellie

cockscap70
08-26-05, 09:22 PM
Please refer to brownside out in the case of Cindy Sheehan. If that doesn't work trying screaming and shouting! SF

radio relay
08-26-05, 09:42 PM
Carey,

You just write whatever comes into your head and think it's profound. You are absolutely dillusional!!

Blabbing on and on, without a care as to what you are actually saying, or who your are saying it to. Thinking the world is in awe of your uncanny ability to through a major line of b.s.

Stating that Israel has killed more people than any islamic state is ludicrous. You do so well in making your case for our servicemen and our mission in the war on terror. Then your crazy side comes out and you start saying things like that about Israel.

Sounds like you hate The U.K., too. I'll love to hear your reasons for that. Probably goes back to the terrible atrocities of the French and Indian war. Or, does it have something to do with being Irish? Where are your real loyalties?... Ireland?

Shame on yourself for distorting my words, and deliberately misunderstanding what I was saying.

Trying to distort my words, vis a vis those who haven't served but believe they have the same standing as someone who has worn the uniform of the Armed Forces of the United States, for no other reason than they have a relative in the service is also very, very lame.

My Father was a combat Veteran of three wars (WWII, Korea, & Vietnam). He was awarded hero medals and Purple Hearts, etc, etc. So what does that have to do with me? Not one damned thing. Sure I'm proud of him, but I couldn't and wouldn't come on this board and talk down to Marines, because of my Father's accomplishments.

Get it? ... Probably not!

Joseph P Carey
08-26-05, 11:01 PM
Carey,

You just write whatever comes into your head and think it's profound. You are absolutely dillusional!!

Blabbing on and on, without a care as to what you are actually saying, or who your are saying it to. Thinking the world is in awe of your uncanny ability to through a major line of b.s.

Stating that Israel has killed more people than any islamic state is ludicrous. You do so well in making your case for our servicemen and our mission in the war on terror. Then your crazy side comes out and you start saying things like that about Israel.

Sounds like you hate The U.K., too. I'll love to hear your reasons for that. Probably goes back to the terrible atrocities of the French and Indian war. Or, does it have something to do with being Irish? Where are your real loyalties?... Ireland?

Shame on yourself for distorting my words, and deliberately misunderstanding what I was saying.

Trying to distort my words, vis a vis those who haven't served but believe they have the same standing as someone who has worn the uniform of the Armed Forces of the United States, for no other reason than they have a relative in the service is also very, very lame.

My Father was a combat Veteran of three wars (WWII, Korea, & Vietnam). He was awarded hero medals and Purple Hearts, etc, etc. So what does that have to do with me? Not one damned thing. Sure I'm proud of him, but I couldn't and wouldn't come on this board and talk down to Marines, because of my Father's accomplishments.

Get it? ... Probably not!

This thread started out as what parents of Soldiers and Marines think of their military offspring! It started over the actions of Ms Sheehan, whoes son, Casey, a US Soldier that reenlisted to go to Iraq, had died in Iraq. The fact that Ms Sheehan's other son dispises her for what she has done to his brother's Good name, and her husband is divorcing her over what she has done to her son's good name, and the fact that she is a tool, a useful idiot, for the left, has a lot to do with why these parents are on this board showing their pride in what their sons and daughters are doing in the military.

You degrade them for their pride, and you are wrong!

Not every one is blessed with good health as were you and I at a young age, many people could not join the Marines or the Army for many reasons. Even in WWI, the Marines received 250,000 applications for the Marine Corps, but the Marines only took 45,000 to bring their ranks up to the mandated 60,000 for that war. Most of those people were rejected for medical reasons. Unrelated, but History, not every one can serve in the military.

These are very good and LOYAL people that believe in the USA, and not in Israel. As it happens, you may call me a 'Flag Waver' or whichever you prefer, I don't particularly care what you think, but don't start in on these good people that believe in America, and their children that have become Marines or Soldiers. They are giving more to this country than you have, and their loyalty is here.

enviro
08-27-05, 02:15 AM
"Stating that Israel has killed more people than any islamic state is ludicrous. "

Sorry to join in the debate so late, everyone knows I'm always in on these.

Muslims have killed more Muslims than any other race, brand, sect, culture, etc..... This has been the way for many centuries.

As for who has the highest body count, (in modern day battles) the WWII Axis countries killed over 57,000,000 civilians and military. WWII Allied Countries killed over 11,000,000 civilians and military.

WWII is the single most deadliest war in recorded history.

Some of the most longest lasting and deadliest wars have been with Muslim countries.

Think about it.....

As for Cindy Sheehan, I wouldn't p|ss on her if she was on fire. This woman is uneducated, unpatriotic, guillable, and should be thankful that there are guys like us out there that protect her freedom to be a jackass. Don't support her... Wouldn't cry if she was run over by a train.... Would laugh very hard if a Texas Rattle Snake came up and bit her on the ass while she's "camped" out in Crawford.

Joseph P Carey
08-27-05, 02:44 AM
On August 26 2005 03:37 PM, on this thread, I wrote: “As far as I am concerned, Israel has killed more Americans than many an Islamic Country ever has, and not indirectly, but with malice and aforethought behind what they did. They murdered our Sailors and Marines on the USS Liberty.”

Radio Relay writes on August 26 2005 08:42 PM: “Stating that Israel has killed more people than any islamic state is ludicrous. You do so well in making your case for our servicemen and our mission in the war on terror. Then your crazy side comes out and you start saying things like that about Israel.”

Enviro pumps in under the false impression that Radio has created saying on August 27 2005 01:15 AM: "Stating that Israel has killed more people than any islamic state is ludicrous...Sorry to join in the debate so late, everyone knows I'm always in on these…Muslims have killed more Muslims than any other race, brand, sect, culture, etc..... This has been the way for many centuries.”

Now, if you two will learn how to read, there would probably be fewer problems in the world. You guys can’t even write ‘Islamic’ as a proper noun. Your heads are so deep in Theocracy that there is no differentiation between you and the Islamic Fundamentalists. What makes you any different from them? You are both brainwashed into following an ideology blindly, without questioning events. Radio is still under the impression that the attack on the USS Liberty was a case of mistaken identity, what a fool!

If you two juveniles will come to the front of the class where you can see the blackboard…we will get back to the thread about parents of US Servicemen and women.

If you two are going to quote me, quote me correctly!

radio relay
08-27-05, 04:54 AM
The wise old man... ah make that, the crazy old coot over in the corner muttering to himself and pooping his pants wants to get back on topic.

Ok, fine. Those of us with sharper minds will carry it forward...

Cindy Sheehan is a clown, and a disrespectful jerk, riding on her own son's honorable death, to smear the sacrifice and service of all our fine young people currently serving, fighting, being maimed, and being killed in our armed forces. She spits on every single person who has ever put it on the line for our country's independence and freedom.

Further more, she has slimed all those who have also lost loved ones, hold them dear, and honor them for their noble courage and sacrifice.

This aging valley girl is actually worse than Hanoi Jane Fonda. Hanoi Jane, has also disrespected every man and woman who ever served. However, while she may have used her father's fame and fortune, she did not ride on her own son's grave stone to do it.

Sheehan's puppet masters from the left are even more despicable.

chucktoo1926
08-27-05, 08:13 AM
AMEN, Radio Relay, AMEN

rayearley
08-27-05, 08:18 AM
JOE CAREY;YOUR KIDDIN RIGHT,THE TEXAS AIR NATIONAL GUARD,QUIT ANYTIME YOU WANT.RIGHT ,LEFT,BULL!!I AM OJIBWAY.DON'T CARE WHO IS IN OFFICE,ITS ALL THE SAME,THEM "CHIMOOKS WILL RIP US OFF! THEM "CHICKENHAWKS"IS WHAT THEY ARE PERIOD,MY GRANDFATHERS WOULD HAVE SENT THEM TO THE VILLAGE CENTER TO HELP THE WOMEN,IF THEY WOULDN'T FIGHT.THIS AIN'T ABOUT ONE WOMENS PROTEST,ITS ABOUT PROTECTING THIS COUNTRY.I LIVE ON THE CANADIAN BORDER,Anytime i want good beer i drive across and get it,its wide open,I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU HAVE HEARD OR SEEN WHAT HAPPENED IN YOUR MOTHERLAND,THEY ARE ALSO HERE BESIDES THE UK.BUILD CAMPS.IF THEY GOT ENOUGH TROOPS TO DO THE JOB,THEN WHY WOULD THEY NEED TO SEND MORE FOR THE UPCOMING ELECTIONS.THESE PEOPLE ALSO DO NOT UNDERSTAND TRIBALISM AS CAN BE OBSERVED NOW,WITH THEIR EFFORTS TO ADOPT A CONSTITION.NO MORE TIME,I GOTTA HUNT.NAQUONABE

Old Marine
08-27-05, 09:12 AM

Radio,

Many people can not serve for a variety of reasons. They may be too old to serve in uniform, they may not have been born here and they came here after a certain age, they may even have medical problems or health issues that will not allow them to do so. But, any time you wish to match me, Purple Heart for Purple Heart, or awards for combat valor, come match up Radio.

How dare you say that to people that are proud of their sons and their daughters for doing what they do. They are giving their life's blood to the cause of the USA, and they are proud of that.

Shame on you Radio!

Calling on Radio to come and match you medal for medal is pretty petty. Maybe, just maybe Radio kept his head down and didn't get the wounds you received.

Joseph P Carey
08-27-05, 09:43 AM
JOE CAREY;YOUR KIDDIN RIGHT,THE TEXAS AIR NATIONAL GUARD,QUIT ANYTIME YOU WANT.RIGHT ,LEFT,BULL!!I AM OJIBWAY.DON'T CARE WHO IS IN OFFICE,ITS ALL THE SAME,THEM "CHIMOOKS WILL RIP US OFF! THEM "CHICKENHAWKS"IS WHAT THEY ARE PERIOD,MY GRANDFATHERS WOULD HAVE SENT THEM TO THE VILLAGE CENTER TO HELP THE WOMEN,IF THEY WOULDN'T FIGHT.THIS AIN'T ABOUT ONE WOMENS PROTEST,ITS ABOUT PROTECTING THIS COUNTRY.I LIVE ON THE CANADIAN BORDER,Anytime i want good beer i drive across and get it,its wide open,I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU HAVE HEARD OR SEEN WHAT HAPPENED IN YOUR MOTHERLAND,THEY ARE ALSO HERE BESIDES THE UK.BUILD CAMPS.IF THEY GOT ENOUGH TROOPS TO DO THE JOB,THEN WHY WOULD THEY NEED TO SEND MORE FOR THE UPCOMING ELECTIONS.THESE PEOPLE ALSO DO NOT UNDERSTAND TRIBALISM AS CAN BE OBSERVED NOW,WITH THEIR EFFORTS TO ADOPT A CONSTITION.NO MORE TIME,I GOTTA HUNT.NAQUONABE

If I remember correctly, President Bush served from `68 to `73, and he did not request transfer to the Alabama Guard until the Summer of `72. Prior to that he had no problems with discipline or mistaken orders, and he surpassed his flight requirements each year he was in the TANG, including the last year that he served. The fact remains that had he been drafted, he would only have served two years of active duty. What is your point? Do you also think that Sitting Bull was not a good chief, because he sat out the attack on Colonel Custer in camp with the women and the children?

As far as Iraq goes, would it be better to not prepare for hostilities during the coming elections, or Constitutional adoption?

Again, the thread is about the parents of military service personnel.

Joseph P Carey
08-27-05, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Old Marine

Calling on Radio to come and match you medal for medal is pretty petty. Maybe, just maybe Radio kept his head down and didn't get the wounds you received.

Old Marine,

The remarks I made were 'petty', and they were made to be 'petty' to show Radio that not all people had the same lots in life. He put down the parents of these young men and women, saying they did not have the same voice here, because they did not serve. If I understand the mission statement of the Marines, it is 'to protect and serve the Constitution and the people of the United States at the direction of the civilian government.'

This, to me, means to protect the people that can not protect themselves. We were all fine physical specimens going into the Corps, made better through the training we received in the Corps. Others were not so lucky as were we through no fault of their own, and it was our duty to secure the rights of liberty for them, not just ourselves.

Radio wrote on August 26 2005 02:57 PM, and I quote word for word: "To various Marine Dads. I'm very thankful that you have raised sons who have shown the strength of charactor to become Marines. I also think you have every right to be in a Marine oriented discussion forum…

...However, having said that, I still wonder why you, yourselves did not do the same? I.E. serve our country in the military…

...It kind of strikes a sour note with me when people justify their own lack of military service by saying that some other relative served. It's as though that gives them a bye…

...I'm sure it's not what you intend, but it sounds as though you are somehow putting yourself on equal footing with someone who has put on the uniform and given years of their lives (and in some cases, much more) to defend our country, and our way of life."

Yes, I was petty, but no more petty than he was. I have no problem with Radio's serving in a blockhouse Radio Station in Vietnam safely behind the Grunt's bayonet and rifle that protected him at his work, and he should have no problems with people, who for one reason or another that could not serve, as they defend and support their children they have raised with justified pride to protect this country.

Radio has often said, he would never allow his children to do the same.

You are right though, I was a Grunt, and I took all my shots in the front, and the campaign awards I received were for the benefit of 'being in the soup' so to speak of my MOS. I can not judge what I did in comparison to what he did not have the oportunity to do. I apologize! After all, our job was to protect those that could not protect themselves.

enviro
08-27-05, 11:15 AM
Speaking of reading things right, maybe you should take your own advice. My post had nothing against any of yours. I brought up facts that can be verified.

I have no problem "questioning events" as you say, but you take it a step further and come up with your "own answers".

I neither disputed nor defended you. I quoted radio quoting you.

Comparing me to an Islamic Fundamentalist is unexcusable. I'm suggesting that you go do something vile to yourself.

Up until now I thought you had your head screwed on right, but with a worthless comment like that, your true colors show through.

micah24
08-27-05, 11:46 AM
What is this trash?

http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2005/08/24/peace-mom.jpg

Cindy Sheehan, left, is escorted by supporter Jeff Key at the Waco, Texas, airport Wednesday on returning from caring for her ailing mother.

Anybody know if that guy was really in the Marines?

Joseph P Carey
08-27-05, 03:32 PM
Are you making this a religious thing now? Are you saying I am anti-Jew? Are you denying that the Israelis murdered the US Sailors and US Marines on board the USS Liberty? <br />
<br />
Many of the Israeli...

enviro
08-27-05, 04:54 PM
Good God Almighty! Where the hell do you come up with this crap?

Who said you were racist? Who said this is about religion? Show me where I have defended Isreal or said you were wrong about it....

I personally never attacked you or your position. I stated a few facts about death during warfare and you say I'm comparable to an Islamic Fundamentalist. For that you can kiss my ass!

Check your meds dude - you misinterpret everything that's been said and you spend most of your time defacing others who don't see it your way.

Chill out and debate this like a MAN. You've twisted everything into an argument. I for one haven't got the time to debate with someone as volitile as you. ESPECIALLY since you have questioned my loyalties and patriotism. You don't know me. You don't my career. You haven't the slighest f****** clue - do you?!

thedrifter
08-27-05, 05:28 PM
enviro you said it all Chill out and debate

Couldn't say it any better

Ellie

Joseph P Carey
08-27-05, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by enviro
Good God Almighty! Where the hell do you come up with this crap?

Who said you were racist? Who said this is about religion? Show me where I have defended Isreal or said you were wrong about it....

I personally never attacked you or your position. I stated a few facts about death during warfare and you say I'm comparable to an Islamic Fundamentalist. For that you can kiss my ass!

Check your meds dude - you misinterpret everything that's been said and you spend most of your time defacing others who don't see it your way.

Chill out and debate this like a MAN. You've twisted everything into an argument. I for one haven't got the time to debate with someone as volitile as you. ESPECIALLY since you have questioned my loyalties and patriotism. You don't know me. You don't my career. You haven't the slighest f****** clue - do you?!

Your problem was you relied on Radio for an accurate quote without ascertaining the true statement I made, you said, "I quoted radio quoting you."

That is how vicious rumors get started! Even when I re-posted (Time stamp added) my original statement, you went on with your diatribe. You deserve what you got from me, because you were easily led by another's falsehood! It was not so much your loyalty that I questioned, as I mostly questioned your intelligence to see things as they really are.

Now, as I have tried to do unsuccessfully on several other occasions, back to the Parents! They are what this thread is about!

EDITED..by Ellie

NOW PLAY NICE;)

KingDonkeyPunch
08-27-05, 05:47 PM
Just thought that I would share this with all of you. This is from the latest Stars and Stripes: Letters to the Editor. I can't believe a military-based newspaper would even print a letter like this, but hey everyone is entitled to their opinion right?

"Bush should see Sheehan"

I wanted Cindy Sheehan to let her know that she has not only my respect, but my admiration.

Out of more than 1,700 grieving parents, many of whom I’m sure do not agree with the whole Iraq situation, Sheehan is the only one who has had guts enough to ask questions. Too many people are “silently” disagreeing with what is going in Iraq, and until things start to go public, I doubt we will see any change. Sheehan is doing the only thing she can do — go public.

I find it hard to believe that the sacrifice Sheehan has made is not worthy of an hour of Bush’s precious time. I agree that this is a very awkward situation, and I’m not sure there is anything that Bush can say that will be satisfactory. However, because Sheehan is the mother of a son killed in war, President Bush owes her the courtesy of a meeting. When, as president, you decide to go to war without (1) ascertaining that the intelligence is accurate, (2) obtaining congressional approval and (3) having a workable postwar plan, you should expect to have to answer some difficult questions.

As to the idiots in Texas who are protesting Sheehan — shame on you. She has suffered a loss that only those who have suffered that loss can understand. Go home, sit down, shut up and turn on the news so that you can see firsthand the senseless loss of American life you are supporting.

Debbie Ray
Lawton, Okla.

Joseph P Carey
08-27-05, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by KingDonkeyPunch
Just thought that I would share this with all of you. This is from the latest Stars and Stripes: Letters to the Editor. I can't believe a military-based newspaper would even print a letter like this, but hey everyone is entitled to their opinion right?

"Bush should see Sheehan"

I wanted Cindy Sheehan to let her know that she has not only my respect, but my admiration.

Out of more than 1,700 grieving parents, many of whom I’m sure do not agree with the whole Iraq situation, Sheehan is the only one who has had guts enough to ask questions. Too many people are “silently” disagreeing with what is going in Iraq, and until things start to go public, I doubt we will see any change. Sheehan is doing the only thing she can do — go public.

I find it hard to believe that the sacrifice Sheehan has made is not worthy of an hour of Bush’s precious time. I agree that this is a very awkward situation, and I’m not sure there is anything that Bush can say that will be satisfactory. However, because Sheehan is the mother of a son killed in war, President Bush owes her the courtesy of a meeting. When, as president, you decide to go to war without (1) ascertaining that the intelligence is accurate, (2) obtaining congressional approval and (3) having a workable postwar plan, you should expect to have to answer some difficult questions.

As to the idiots in Texas who are protesting Sheehan — shame on you. She has suffered a loss that only those who have suffered that loss can understand. Go home, sit down, shut up and turn on the news so that you can see firsthand the senseless loss of American life you are supporting.

Debbie Ray
Lawton, Okla.

I think that the writer of this letter, Ms Ray, is very ill informed. Ms Sheehan has already had her drink at the well. She already met with the President once before. Added to that, the bond between her son, Casey, was not as strong as others want to portray hers to be.

She has a second son that despises her for her actions, and it may go deeper than just that, as may have been the case with his brother, Casey.

She has a husband that seems to think that Ms Sheehan is being used and he is currently divorcing the US Soldier's mother in California.

So? What is her agenda? She has advisors from the Howard Dean for President campaign in her midst, as well as representatives of Move-on dot Org. This is not so much about her son as it is the left wing's vile attempt at winning at any cost.

Ms Sheehan is a wonton fool; she is a Useful Idiot of the Left Wing. She is fodder for personal and political leaders of another agenda. She is a symbol for the people that can not see through to the truth, and they are as blind as people can be to such treachery.

This is simply the case of the wolf pulling the fleece over the eyes of the sheep.

Old Marine
08-28-05, 08:03 AM

Old Marine,

The remarks I made were 'petty', and they were made to be 'petty' to show Radio that not all people had the same lots in life. He put down the parents of these young men and women, saying they did not have the same voice here, because they did not serve. If I understand the mission statement of the Marines, it is 'to protect and serve the Constitution and the people of the United States at the direction of the civilian government.'

This, to me, means to protect the people that can not protect themselves. We were all fine physical specimens going into the Corps, made better through the training we received in the Corps. Others were not so lucky as were we through no fault of their own, and it was our duty to secure the rights of liberty for them, not just ourselves.

Radio wrote on August 26 2005 02:57 PM, and I quote word for word: "To various Marine Dads. I'm very thankful that you have raised sons who have shown the strength of charactor to become Marines. I also think you have every right to be in a Marine oriented discussion forum…

...However, having said that, I still wonder why you, yourselves did not do the same? I.E. serve our country in the military…

...It kind of strikes a sour note with me when people justify their own lack of military service by saying that some other relative served. It's as though that gives them a bye…

...I'm sure it's not what you intend, but it sounds as though you are somehow putting yourself on equal footing with someone who has put on the uniform and given years of their lives (and in some cases, much more) to defend our country, and our way of life."

Yes, I was petty, but no more petty than he was. I have no problem with Radio's serving in a blockhouse Radio Station in Vietnam safely behind the Grunt's bayonet and rifle that protected him at his work, and he should have no problems with people, who for one reason or another that could not serve, as they defend and support their children they have raised with justified pride to protect this country.

Radio has often said, he would never allow his children to do the same.

You are right though, I was a Grunt, and I took all my shots in the front, and the campaign awards I received were for the benefit of 'being in the soup' so to speak of my MOS. I can not judge what I did in comparison to what he did not have the oportunity to do. I apologize! After all, our job was to protect those that could not protect themselves.

Every Marine is a grunt first and some have other duties and different MOS's, but even cooks are basic grunts as you should well know. Just because you were an 03 doesn't make you a better Marine than a non 03.

rayearley
08-28-05, 08:33 AM
HEY JOE;I'M DISAPPOINTED IN YOU,HERE I THOUGHT I WAS TALKING TO SOMEONE EDUCATED,BUT I SEE YOUR NOT.WELL I'M JUST THE MAN TO HELP YOUR OLD IGNORANT SELF OUT. ANYTIME YOU WANT I WILL COME AND PICK YOU UP,TAKE YOU OUT TO STANDING ROCK SO.DAKOTA AND INTRODUCE YOU TO MY OL AUNTY,SHE IS SITTING BULLS GRANDDAUGHTER,SHE AND SOME OF HIS OTHER CLAN WOULD BE HAPPY TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU,AND I KNOW IT WOULD BE DONE RIGHT,WHY THEY GOT VETERANS OF EVERY WAR WHO WILL WHOLE HEARTLY EDUCATE YOUR OL IGNORANT SELF.NAQUONABE

Joseph P Carey
08-28-05, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Old Marine

Every Marine is a grunt first and some have other duties and different MOS's, but even cooks are basic grunts as you should well know. Just because you were an 03 doesn't make you a better Marine than a non 03.

Again, Old Marine, This thread is not the place for this. Should you want to change the mission statement of the Corps, do so in another thread. The fact that he (Radio) did not have to pick-up a rifle to defend himself sings loudly of the job that the Grunt did in protecting him so he could accomplish his mission for the Corps. The fact that, with the enemy all around us in Vietnam, our cooks, and our yeomen, and our Airedales did not have too many occasions to go to the pits in a defense of their units is more about the good work that other Marines did at their jobs, that enabled others to do theirs. Anyone that served in the Marines knows that all in the Marines are 0300 first, it is just that those trained everyday at being 0300s do the job so much better. It is like taking an 'AAA' Baseball team and playing them against the likes of the Yankees or the Bosox. They all know the game; some do it better than others.

But, this is a thread dedicated to the Parents of the service men and women who now serve this country, and their right of input, whether they served in the service or not.

The fact that these very same people were told by Radio that they do not have the right and the privilege to speak in a forum of this nature, and should not take pride in what their children's, our men and women's, accomplishments was both wrong and insulting, and it sure has Hell isn't what the Marines are all about when it comes to families of Marines. They may be Marines, one and all to all of us, but they are these people's children.

Joseph P Carey
08-28-05, 12:42 PM
HEY JOE;I'M DISAPPOINTED IN YOU,HERE I THOUGHT I WAS TALKING TO SOMEONE EDUCATED,BUT I SEE YOUR NOT.WELL I'M JUST THE MAN TO HELP YOUR OLD IGNORANT SELF OUT. ANYTIME YOU WANT I WILL COME AND PICK YOU UP,TAKE YOU OUT TO STANDING ROCK SO.DAKOTA AND INTRODUCE YOU TO MY OL AUNTY,SHE IS SITTING BULLS GRANDDAUGHTER,SHE AND SOME OF HIS OTHER CLAN WOULD BE HAPPY TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU,AND I KNOW IT WOULD BE DONE RIGHT,WHY THEY GOT VETERANS OF EVERY WAR WHO WILL WHOLE HEARTLY EDUCATE YOUR OL IGNORANT SELF.NAQUONABE

For the record, Sitting Bull sat out the Custer battle. Crazy Horse was the war chief, Sitting Bull was the Admin Chief, so to speak. Explain it to me if I am wrong, but do so on another thread, this is not the place for it.

radio relay
08-28-05, 12:59 PM
Nice to see that the brawl is still going on... http://img40.exs.cx/img40/6469/numchuks.gif

Hey Joe, medal flames are low class, and the mark of desperation.

I don't doubt that you have more medals than me. Almost everybody does.

Why don't you post some pictures of them? Man, we would all be so impressed and love to admire them with you.

Nope, I was not a hero. Just did my job and came home.

It don't mean nuthin'.

Ya know, I've never mentioned anything on this forum about my children (other than I raised a couple of them). So, your little lie about what I have said about my own kids does not hold an ounce of water, and once again, shows your desperation.

Looks like you're getting it pretty good now from others you've rubbed the wrong way. So, I'll be on my way...

Just a word of freindly advice. Stop trying to be such a know it all show off, and lighten up on the stuff from the lunatic fringe. We want to hear what you have to say, but we are not going to allow you to keep posting baloney, and go unchallenged.

See you in another thread someday soon.

Joseph P Carey
08-28-05, 03:50 PM
Nice to see that the brawl is still going on... http://img40.exs.cx/img40/6469/numchuks.gif

Hey Joe, medal flames are low class, and the mark of desperation.

I don't doubt that you have more medals than me. Almost everybody does.

Why don't you post some pictures of them? Man, we would all be so impressed and love to admire them with you.

Nope, I was not a hero. Just did my job and came home.

It don't mean nuthin'.

Ya know, I've never mentioned anything on this forum about my children (other than I raised a couple of them). So, your little lie about what I have said about my own kids does not hold an ounce of water, and once again, shows your desperation.

Looks like you're getting it pretty good now from others you've rubbed the wrong way. So, I'll be on my way...

Just a word of freindly advice. Stop trying to be such a know it all show off, and lighten up on the stuff from the lunatic fringe. We want to hear what you have to say, but we are not going to allow you to keep posting baloney, and go unchallenged.

See you in another thread someday soon.

Radio,

You seem to want to take this to another level. Start a thread! If I could find the text you wrote about you not wanting your children to serve in the US Military service under President Bush in the archives I would produce it, but I can not, so you can have that. I remember it, but if you can not be a man about it, and you say you did not, so be it. It is just like what you said about me, but in this matter I could prove what I said was not what you accused me of saying. You were very wrong and very false in your quoting of me. You did this intentionally for just that effect, and no apology has come forward from you for the intentional misquoting of me.

Getting back on subject, you wrote: on August 26 2005 02:57 PM: "...However, having said that, I still wonder why you, yourselves did not do the same? I.E. serve our country in the military...
...It kind of strikes a sour note with me when people justify their own lack of military service by saying that some other relative served. It's as though that gives them a bye...

As far as what I said about awards, that was almost as mean spirited as what you said to the fathers and mothers of these fine young Marines. You should be ashamed of yourself, and you should run away from your words that were spoken without thought. The truth of the matter is that you were just not in position to do what I did, so be it, and based solely on your good health, you were able to join the military, where others were not. You owe these fathers and these mothers an apology for what you said of them. Any man, any Marine, would apologize for his bad choice of words when confronted with them. You did not!

But, I see you have run away! Goodbye!

Maybe, you have lost the idea of a debate. It is a formatted question of which people argue the pros and cons of an issue. The object is not to be a mutual admiration society, but to present different views. I don't particularly care what you, Enviro, or Early write about me, neither of you have come close to addressing the issue on the board. The issue is the parents.

Wyoming
08-28-05, 04:10 PM
You know, Joseph P Carey, I used to enjoy reading your posts.

Now, I find you to be a lonely, lonely person.

I apologize for utilizing this thread in this manner and strongly feel that JPC is one of those who needs to check in at the VA and get his meds adjusted.

On another note, I recommend this thread cease, since it has become a leg-****ing forum.

You want to read or write of Sheehan, go here -
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=139929#post139929 (http://)

Maybe this one will stay on track.

Joseph P Carey
08-28-05, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by bigalholmes165
You know, Joseph P Carey, I used to enjoy reading your posts.

Now, I find you to be a lonely, lonely person.

I apologize for utilizing this thread in this manner and strongly feel that JPC is one of those who needs to check in at the VA and get his meds adjusted.

On another note, I recommend this thread cease, since it has become a leg-****ing forum.

You want to read or write of Sheehan, go here -
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=139929#post139929 (http://)

Maybe this one will stay on track.

You have the right to your opinion, I thought it was wrong what he said about the parents of the Marines, but so be it!

yellowwing
08-28-05, 05:34 PM
I applaud both sides of the ideological aisle on this one. Apathy is the real killer.

We've all put in our blood sweat and tears to continue this great nation. Not caring is the biggest sin IMHO.

But we still have some great progeny to continue our legacy. Lance God Lake is soon ending his combat tour. Young Shawn Seeley is set to go relieve him. The Parrish Brothers are due to graduate, and will most likely relieve Seeley next year.

It is within all Marines to step forward and make a difference. Out of 260 million, we've got the greatest 130 thousand.

I thank the Good Lord for seeing fit that I am counted as a United States Marine.

Semper Fidelis to all! :marine:

jinelson
08-28-05, 06:16 PM
Damn Wing those are the greatest words Ive heard said so far and it was well said indeed. These are our true modern day patriots that you speak of and I am truly honored and previleged to have known them all. They had the balls to step forward and stand on that line between us and our sworn enemy and they represent many others also. I have nothing but pride and support for all those men and women that chose to take the torch from us and run with it. They have made me one very proud Marine.

Semper Fi to all! :marine:

003XXMarineDAD
08-29-05, 12:47 PM

Just for the record 003XXMarineDAD you need to get it right. You have never heard me say that you should not be on this forum. You may have been told that by someone, but not from me. A part of what this forum is about is Marine family support. Your son is learning to get it right, you need to do the same.

BTW, congrats---(To your son)---looks like he made it.

GSO
GSO
We have had some good discussion on chat and no you have never said I have no right being here so I'am sorry for that being implied here. The Grasshoppers called Friday nite to firm up the travel plans and sound good to go. We may have different views and disagree on them but I know you still stand behind our troops.

greensideout
08-30-05, 11:36 PM

GSO
We have had some good discussion on chat and no you have never said I have no right being here so I'am sorry for that being implied here. The Grasshoppers called Friday nite to firm up the travel plans and sound good to go. We may have different views and disagree on them but I know you still stand behind our troops.

003XXMarineDAD,
It's always a pleasure to know a man that has the guts and integiity to set things right. Thanks.

I am not in Sheehan's camp. There is really nothing that I like or respect about her. What I took issue with was that one could not support the troops and disagree with the Geo spot where we are fighting the war on terrorism. I know we disagree---that's ok. It's what makes balance in Government and even everyday life.

GSO

Nagalfar
08-31-05, 12:57 AM
What have I missed in all of this... why is so much attention given to some idiot? she is a nobody in the big or little picture... wondering and being interested in what some lame arse is saying.. is akin to having a debate on the finer points of Charles Mansons' theory of life and its meaning.. they both are a pointless venture to a dead end. I think there are to many real problems without letting some idiot join the fry of serious issues..

Igor.. quickly.. More Chlorine for the gene pool.

cadetat6
09-02-05, 04:33 AM
Hey Marines,
It is time out time from arguing,,Here is a Marine story to put a smile on your face

found this letter to my sister from her husband, 1944

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WW2 Marine Diary Lt. V. Terry
Crossing the Equator

Three days away from the equator and then the ships captain and those men who had crossed the equator before, began to plan the festivities of the crossing. All who had crossed the equator were called Shellbacks, All who had not crossed the equator were referred to as dirty, slimy, filthy, Pollywogs. All Shellbacks had to show proof of their having crossed before, and all had a card of the Ancient Order of the Deep. Well, as I said, they planned the festivities and this is the result. Several of us were dress in rubber diver suites, completely zippered and buttoned, and we were made (by means of paddle suggestion) to climb the ladder up to the very top little bridge deck way the hell up in the air, and were given spy-glasses (two rolls of toilet tissue fastened together) with which we scanned the horizon for a sign from Davy Jones as to when the Equator would appear in all its glory and announce the arrival of King Neptune aboard the ship. Needless to say it was a warm job in that equatorial heat and out in the sun all buttoned up in rubber suits, I bet I lost 10 pounds that first afternoon. Well, it was worked like that by shifts for two days, about every ten minutes or so a Shell back would approach from the rear (usually a salty little pfc or corporal on his way back to combat for the second or third time) and question you about some ridiculous matter that would have no answer and as a result he would then paddle the devil out of you, and of course the rubber suit accentuated the sting of the paddle. Other hazing crews of Shellbacks were busy elsewhere, requiring anyone of any Rank to do anything he asked. You could do nothing to please them of course and all were paddled thoroughly during that three days session. The favorite request of the Shellbacks was that you Salaam and say Praise Allah, hurrah for the wonderful Shellbacks, and down with the dirty, slimy, filthy, Pollywogs. On each salaam as you bent forward on your knees they would timely administer a paddle to your fanny. Now these were not schoolgirls wielding the paddle but rollicking adult husky Marines and their heart was in their work, especially when the victim happened to be an officer and the Shellback on enlisted man, boy oh boy, their revenge must have been sweet and complete. Well, this went on for the entire three days, for the most part during our waking hours but it did happen sometime that you were hauled out of the sack and at irregular hours. At last the day came when the lookout announced that Davy Jones had signaled him that the Royal Party and His Royal Highness King Neptune (Neptunis Rex) would board the ship at high noon the next day and for all hands to be ready to receive him. Well the skipper of the ship ordered the Jolly Roger hoisted (the Pirate Flag of skull and crossbones). All Pollywogs were marked with an X on their forehead with gentian violet (a blue medicinal potion which is practically indelible), of course sometimes the brush slipped and one’s entire face got it. Well, at exactly noon the next day the Royal Party came aboard and there were these present (appropriately accorded in regular raiment, carried aboard nearly all ships for just this purpose) King Neptune, beard and all. The Royal Baby (a huge 250 pound Marine with head shaved and all rouged and lip-sticked) the Royal Barber, the Royal Doctors, and of course Davy Jones who dressed as a pirate somewhat like John Silver patch over eye etc. These men were well made-up and looked every bit the part with the exception of the gargantuan Royal Baby. Well the party started by all of us being lined up and awaiting the Royal Barber, while we waited we were one by one bathed with a sea hose which threw a stream of salt water from the sea about 4 inches thick and in order to make the job thorough we were required to back into it on our hands and knees, we were not clothed except for skivvies, and believe me the force of that hose was about like an enema on a large scale. Well after backing into the hose for a distance of about 10 feet we were somewhat surprised to find another hose of the same type playing on our faces, making breathing somewhat of an amphibious or something of operation as the water sometimes seemed to contain some bilge water besides the sea-water, so that initial phase was over we stood back and reveled in the misery of those behind us. Suddenly we were marched to the Barber, who proceeded to cut a runway down the center of our beautiful scalp, and I do mean scalp, he took several nicks out of mine besides the hair. The hair clippings fell into a barrel in which had been put some form of lard and shampoo. So after partially scalping us he proceeded to give us a shampoo, but he must have had poor vision because we didn’t get a shampoo but did get our eyes and mouth full of hair and shampoo and lard. Still sputtering we were taken before King Neptune’s elaborate throne where we were required to salaam many times to the rhythmic beat of the paddle, and then we moved over to worship the Royal Baby. This was the climax of the whole affair, the bouncing Royal Baby presented not her face to be kissed but her buttocks, which were diapered and over all about one inch of mustard was smeared. Well everyone had a natural hesitancy about sticking his face into a smear like that which to all appearances might well be imagined something entirely more unsavory than mustard. The court attendants here took the situation in hand (our heads) and with a decided push accomplished the fact. Thence we were placed upon the Royal Surgeon’s operating table and were asked how much we weighed. Of course everyone weighs one hundred and some pounds, and since nearly all say a hundred fifty six, etc they naturally form the Hun syllable with a kind of openmouthed grunt and at that precise moment the Royal Surgeon (large syringe of foul tasting alumish fluid in hand) squirts your mouth full and oral cavity being in such a wide-open state the stuff invariably caused much spewing and sputtering and in some cases violent nausea with dismaying results. After that none of us cared much what happened and not much more was possible, it didn’t seem. However it was then necessary for us to drink deep of the deep and a bucket was lowered over the side and some nice salt water was pulled aboard and we all were made to drink. Ugh. Well after several other sessions it seemed we were about to become Shellbacks, but no. Blindfolded and roped hand and foot we were dunked over the side, just a quick wetting for some, it wasn’t possible to do a thorough job on so many, thank goodness, then we were asked what the definition of a Shellback was: and then the trouble began. It seems that Pollywogs are allowed to mutiny if they do ii in an orderly manner, and once of the larger and heftier members decided that this was the psychological moment. It was a dismal failure, as the Shellbacks anticipated such an attempt and was well prepared with hoses; it resulted in a washout for us

Joseph P Carey
09-02-05, 01:41 PM
I know when I became a Bluenose (Crossing the Arctic Circle at 10 Degrees East Longitude on June 26, 1965), there was not so much hazzing. Infact, there was none! There were no other Bluenose' on the ship, USS Traverse County (LST 1160).

We all were assembled on the deck between the Causeways affixed to the sides of the ship, and the Captain of the Ship read a proclamation that all US Sailors of the crew, and US Marines and Navy Personnel in transit, aboard have now joined the Realm of the Arctic Circle, with full rights in the instruction of others into the Realm of the Bluenose.

We were pretty lucky!

cadetat6
09-03-05, 02:43 PM
Cindy Sheehan,

I am just a old WW2 Veteran and it bothers me that you call our president a liar. I don't know if he is or not nor do you. Is it worth your losing a husband, a son that is living and a son (like my brother 19 K.I.A.) especialy since your son asked to go to Irac. Cindy when someone pays for your living exspencesfor these last few months Beware

cadetat6 a long ago airman