PDA

View Full Version : Home Coming From Afghanistan/ Troops get billed for equipment wear

thedrifter
11-03-02, 11:09 AM
Posted on Sun, Oct. 27, 2002 <br />
<br />
Troops get billed for equipment wear <br />
Lowered tab doesn't end hard feelings <br />
BY ESTES THOMPSON <br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
FORT BRAGG, N.C. - They put aside their...

tkuhr
11-03-02, 01:25 PM
This is so petty,
I hope I'm the only one to reply! Everybody else should be rolling on the floor, screaming at the monitor, punching holes in the wall, or writing obscene notes to various bureaucrats! Why do I get the impression that somebody's cousin's nephew is sitting in an office and occasionally trying to justify the fact that he makes twice as much as a Top just playing solitaire on his computer all day? Probably his third computer - Gov. offices seem to lose a lot of them.

wrbones
11-03-02, 01:44 PM
Happened during the 1880's, and again going into WWI and various other sundry conflicts.

It always happens that way. Durin' peacetime the bureaucrats take over. Durin' war they get booted out....eventually.

During one period of history, reservists had to pay for their own "kit". Everything! Seems the budget wasn't there fer them. Those fellers sacrificed so that there would be a USMC Reserve force in readiness. If they hadn't, there wouldn't be a USMC Reserve outfit today.

What I've just said in no way justifies what was done to those folks! It's a far cry from bein' right or justifiable! Let alone having any common sense. Ya know it's some bureaucrat sittin on his butt warm, fed and comfortable when these fellers were out in the field.