PDA

View Full Version : Keeping folks in the dark? (cartoon)

Osotogary
08-21-05, 12:02 PM
What do you think?

thedrifter
08-21-05, 12:03 PM
Good One, Gary!

Ellie

Joseph P Carey
08-21-05, 01:33 PM
What is this about? I thought that anyone that signed a contract had to be of 18 years of age? Be able to to sign contracts? And, be able to vote in elections?

I have not seen too many auto loan contracts, or student loan contracts that have met the scrutiny of the military contracts. But, I have noted that when the same people that sign contracts of the listed nature above, they are remined that they are adults when they sign, unless of course, it is a military contract and than they are children and did not know what they were signing up for.

I have noted, that in any law case I have had the honor of attending, no matter how disguised a phrase may be, no matter how small the print may be, the judge always reminds the litigant that it was his responsibility to know what he was signing, and to have read the contract thoroughly before signing, and the phrase, "You are an adult now, it is your responsibility, not your mother's or father's!" is always at the end of the judge's remarks.

"Turn on the lights' is an excellent retort! But, that light must be turned on in that most impressive computer-like mechanism located in the cavity located above the shoulders and neck inheirent in any contract signer. Sorry mom and dad, but your baby is an adult in the eyes of the law!

Great cartoon Gary!

yellowwing
08-21-05, 08:12 PM
Think about it Joseph, the Army guarantees $36,000 for college, (or some redicilous number like that). They want the highest possible return on that investment of tax payer's dollars.

A kid, (even 19 is still a kid), really has to pay attention to the fine print of the contract on how to get every dime of that $36k!

Joseph P Carey
08-22-05, 12:19 AM
In truth, I don't believe that was even available for people that joined the service before the Vietnam War, when I did. We went in because it was the right thing to do! No one had to bribe us!

But, tell me! What McDonald's or Burger King offers the same recruitment bonus at the end of four years of service?

The risk is worth the money! Even in Combat, there have been only about 1300 battle deaths in the 29 Months we have been in Iraq, and the 3 years 10 months we have been in Afghanistan! I am quite sure that there have been more deaths of people of military age here in the USA during that time! Pick any state and compare Traffic accidents, drownings, Shootings. on the job deaths to the combat deaths.

It 'ain't' that bad a deal!

yellowwing
08-22-05, 10:48 AM
LOL I' don't know if you would have made a good Recruiter or not!