PDA

View Full Version : Question

devilpup2B
11-02-02, 10:28 PM
Alrighty, I've been around this site for about a year now. I think. I realize how much y'all hate being called Sir or Ma'am. Would anybody be upset if I were to start calling people by your first names? If so, let me know. I think I know a lot of you well enough to feel comfortable doing so. Let me know! And then let me know your first name, cuz I don't know 'em yet. Thanks!

~Morgan

wrbones
11-02-02, 10:35 PM
LMAO.:D

Now,the question is, who gets that pop culture reference?

And I ain't black either! OOPS. I gave it away!

Barrio_rat
11-03-02, 12:03 AM
I ain't gonna tell ya and you can't make me!

Pfwahahahahahahahahahaha

Okay, you can use my 'handle' or any variation of it. Or, if you wanna take the time to find it, you can do like they do in the Corps and use my last name - no need for rank with it. There is also a multitude of colorful words that have been used over the years in my reference, I'll let you figure out which ones of those may fit. Any of the above is fine by me.

firstsgtmike
11-03-02, 12:07 AM
MR. Bones,

I have 20 years on you, and I guarantee the name reference is NOT pop culture.

Mr. Bones was a historical vaudville/burlesque character long before I was born. The names who played Mr. Bones, and some of their routines are now part of classical comedy history.

Your comment gave me the same feeling I get when I hear a dj on the radio: "Here it is folks, oldies but goodies, can you remember this one from way back when in 1987?"

DevilPup:

I made a mistake when I was younger than you are. I called a girl by the wrong name. Since then,I have called them ALL "Honey" and never have had a problem, (except from some women's libbers).

Ignore names. Focus on who you are talking to and relate to them. (If you can remember something I told you five years ago, I don't care that you can't remember my name.)

Salesmen and conmen are taught to call their prospects by their first name. Therefore, If someone uses my name in a conversation more than once, I put my hand on my wallet.

There was a comedy routine in Bone's time. I forget much of it, but it was; "My name is (?). But you can call me ....., or you can call me ......., or you can call me....

I never had a problem, calling into a group, "Hey, Sh!thead!"
I always got a response.

Bottom line? Don't worry about names or nicknames. When you talk TO someone, rather than AT someone, the rapport is there.

And if I said, "Honey, I can't remember your name, but you are the BEST thing that ever happened to me." I don't think she'd be too upset if I called her "Sir".

Hang in there kid. You've come to the right place.

wrbones
11-03-02, 01:16 AM
That old vaudeville history thing I didn't even think of! LOL

"They Call Me Mr. Pibbs!" was kinda what was runnin thru my mind! LOL

Is there anything you people DON'T know! LOL

firstsgtmike
11-03-02, 01:39 AM
You get enough people together, I don't think there is ANYTHING they don't know.

The problem is asking the right one the right question.

AND, catching them at a time when they would be willing to respond.

When I am "with" my lady, I don't care what the question is. The answer is GTFOOH, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

"Now honey, what were we talking about?"

Semper Fi

Barrio_rat
11-03-02, 06:42 AM
Hey firstsgt... In those kind of conversations I thought it was "hoy, gago!" followed by, "I poke poke your olo!" and "I'll snip your titi!" :)

thedrifter
11-03-02, 08:50 AM
Devilpup......

I been telling you that for awhile.....

Why do you think I'm sending you all them care packages......LOL...

My handle is just fine...........

the drifter

leroy8541
11-03-02, 05:02 PM
maybe alice john or ill bukbuk your olo?