PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to see Jarhead?

kentmitchell
08-16-05, 10:37 AM
It's base on the book by that deranged dirtbag and I guess that's why Hollywood made the movie.

RLeon
08-16-05, 10:56 AM
I will, I'm expeting the worst, but hoping for the best.

There's a movie comming out about the battle in Fallujah It's based on a book called "No True Glory: The Battle for Fallujah" So far it looks to be another "war sucks, why are we here, I'm so confused, I didn't sign up for this" movie. Harrison Ford is set to play Gen. Mattis. Man, the Army get a feel good heroism movie in the "Great Raid"....The Marines get this...

outlaw3179
08-16-05, 11:30 AM
The book Jarhead sucked but yeah i will go see the movie. but just like leon im expection the worst.

outlaw3179
08-16-05, 11:43 AM
I just went to yahoo movies and saw the previews for Jarhead. It looks like its gonna be a suckfest.

William143
08-16-05, 11:47 AM
just like windtalkers not a real good marine movie give me john wayne and jack webb the di those were good marine movies

CAR
08-17-05, 05:42 AM
I agree Will, Windtalkers had such great potential to really honor Indian Talkers, instead they made it about some sap character played by Cage. Sucked!

Jarhead looks like it is going to suck also. I won't see it! Come on, Jamie Foxx?????? Whatever!

Wonder what the cliche for this movie is going to be? I still remember every smukatelly asking "Do you guys really give CODE REDS?" - yeah follow me to the locker room please!

GunnyL
08-17-05, 07:06 AM
Hell no I'm not going to spend money on that Crap!!! The first couple of pages of the book were all I needed to see. I told the guy who loaned me the book that I didn't need a Sh*tbird Lance Corporal's take on the Marine Corps. Why would anybody spend good hard earned money promoting that crap in a movie? Only so that Hollywood can do their best to cast a shadow over the Marine Corps.

GunnyL

hoytarcher45
08-17-05, 08:10 AM
Before I became a Marine, I loved movies like this. Now that I am a Marine, Hollywood versions of the military almost p*ss me off in their inaccuracies...no matter how insignificant.

I can't stand it when actors playing enlisted members of the military dont give the proper respect to officers, or say things like "sarge" and " O- three hundred hours". It even makes me a little mad that a millionare, civilan actor is saying "oo-rah".

I just think movies could be just as entertaining without all that flashy, fake, hollywood crap they jam in there just to sell tickets. Its like what really happened isnt amazing enough, so they have to go take a dump on it. And whats with that song in the background of the preview?

Dispite my bias of being a Marine who loves the corps (unlike Swafford apperantly) I still thought the book was entertaining and well writen. I'll be interested to see how close to the book the movie is. I'm not going to hold my breath. -PFC Miller

thurley
08-17-05, 05:47 PM
Thank God i'm not the only one that thought the book sucked . Read like it was written by someone from hollywood .

dcline
08-17-05, 07:32 PM
sorry for yestedays post I thought that this movie was based on"SHOOTER" by Gunny Coughlin Capt. Kuhlman with Don Davis. Now that is a good book.

Joseph P Carey
08-18-05, 03:52 AM
The man not only steals from his fellow Marines, he sells out the Corps. No wonder the Hollywood crowd loves his work!

Devildogg4ever
08-18-05, 05:20 AM
I'm waiting to see what others may say, after seeing it!!! But, it will suck, I'm sure!!

usmchauer
08-29-05, 01:58 PM
I know this thread has been inactive for the past few days, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse because it seems like everyone has made up their minds about this movie. But how many of us out there LOVED Full Metal Jacket?? Wasn't that an anti-Vietnam flick? Especially near the end when the Marines killed the little Vietnamese sniper? She was wounded and no longer was "in the fight". FYI this is not an attempt to start a p!ssing match.

yellowwing
08-29-05, 02:07 PM
Its Hollywood make believe. I just saw a movie where an LAV pushed an M1 Abrams. Sure its bullsh*t. And if its decent bullsh*t it might be worth the price of admission. If not I'll rent the DVD in a month or two.

Sgt Sostand
08-29-05, 02:08 PM
i think ill pass and Wacth Over Their on FX and save a couple bucks

outlaw3179
08-29-05, 03:17 PM
That show "Over there" sux ballz ! Did they even ask anyone who had been "over there" if it was accurate lol come on !! That Jarhead movie is going to suck all movies about Marines pretty much suck except for the few good ones Like DI, Heartbreak Ridge( and that one came kind of close if it were not for Gunny Highway) , and Full Metal Jacket.
I loved Full Metal Jacket and I dont know any Marine who doesnt . I dont even know if its sending a message but the whole first half of boot camp is the best LoL.
I love the Marine Corps and suck my ballz if you dont like it and that movie Jarhead can kiss my azz .....and so can Cindy Sheehan

ahhh now I feel better....

Semper Fi

yellowwing
08-29-05, 03:31 PM
"Heartbreak Ridge"? You're pulling our leg right?

Osotogary
08-29-05, 03:34 PM
"I love the Marine Corps and suck my ballz if you dont like it and that movie Jarhead can kiss my azz .....and so can Cindy Sheehan"

Outlaw-
Did a bee just bite you on the azz? I didn't think people from Iowa spoke so harshly. LMAO
Nice to see you up and about.
Take care .
Gary

outlaw3179
08-29-05, 03:39 PM
lol..come on ...I love Heartbreak ridge....Gunny Highway is the best !!! but Stitch Jones was a turd lol
and yes believe it or not when im not pushing over cows or counting corn i get on the this box with buttons and love to speak my mind sometime :)

Osotogary
08-29-05, 03:51 PM
Was Stitch Jones the fellow with the earrings on? That always seemed odd to me.....and I was never in the Marines. I just can't picture it even today but I've heard that some South China Sailors wore an earring back in the day along with a tattoo on their forearm.

outlaw3179
08-29-05, 03:55 PM
Yeah he was that punk rocker/ recon Marine ....the whole movie is kind of fuked cuz its up in Talega but it takes place on the east coast ...and its just real cheesy ...but the only reason i like it is cuz Gunny Highway is a pretty badass Jarhead in that movie. So do I think that movie portrays Marines in a good light no...cept for the crusty ole gunny who should only be in a case and broken in case of war...

Gary you were never in the Marines ..I always figured you were buddy ..