PDA

View Full Version : conscription

Fox 2/23
08-16-05, 10:28 AM
Bush can't have my kids. They can send the chickenhawk radio talk show hosts instead. A draft will bring back the underground railroad. I for one would help resisters and evaders if conscription for Bush War II came. I support my brothers and sisters in uniform, I just don't support Bush. The barking heads on the radio would say I "hate America" because I don't like Bush. Clever strategy isn't it? Brand those critical of Bush as being "America haters".

Nagalfar
08-16-05, 10:48 AM
I dont like Bush either (but he is still better than John "I was in Vietnam and got all kinds of medals" Kerry, I know the last good CIC we had was President Reagan, but I have always taught my sons, all 3 of them they have a DUTY to this country, it is a very old family tradition we have always produced Marines(except my dad, he was a squid I dont know what the h*ll went wrong there lol), I dont want to send them to ANY war even if I agree with it, but, it is not a matter of being able to agree with the war we are in, its a matter of sending another mans son to your sons duty.. freedom, just like the Corps isn't free, they both demand a price just to get though the door, it is my opinion that the real men will stand up not because they agree, but because it is a point of honor.

I see life and being a American something like this, wouldnt it be nice if we could just choose the follow the orders we liked, but, if that was the case there would be no America, no Corps or anything else worth while, doing what is right is most often not the most easy thing to do, most people are only interested in the ME ME ME, and never the "us", we are constantly hearing people screaming and demanding their rights, with out ever a single mention of their duty, that is why we live in a world and a country that is so screwed up, no one wants to belly up to the bar and make the scarifice. If I could say one thing to every parent it would be, be careful what kind of world you leave your kids in, for when they have no understanding of duty, honor and respect, they will never have anything worth while in their life. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Toby M
08-16-05, 11:20 AM
Couldn't have put it any better myself...

Fox 2/23
08-16-05, 11:28 AM
I read Smedley Butler's "War is a Racket" this summer. Still timely after some 70 years. Based on the information General Butler presented, I think it would be better for my kids to be war profiteers than have their limbs blown off.

I would imagine two Medals of Honor would give Butler a little credibility although if he were alive today chickenhawks like Mike Reagan and Rush Limbaugh would probably be picking his service record apart.