PDA

View Full Version : Call them Rag-Heads?

Joseph P Carey
08-13-05, 06:10 PM
Remember the story of the SEAL team that was wiped out in Afghanistan? Do you know how that one wounded SEAL survived? An Afghani family put their life in danger to save the man! Just another Rag-head, Right?

I never have liked prejudice in any fashion. I am not a religious man, but that is because my Dad brought me up to believe in the Constitution of the USA in place of, and ahead of, any organized religious doctrine. Perhaps that is why I always take the ground that one must believe in mankind first, before he can single out any one God to believe in. That doesn’t make me an atheist, nor does it make me one that will not defend the other's right to believe in what they wish. After all, that is the guarantee of the Constitution, is it not?

The same goes for the insulting of people, because of their race, creed, and national origin. Each time I read that phrase, 'Rag-head', it sends a cringe through my body!

The other day, in Tucson, AZ, a supposed 'Rag-Head' was killed assisting a Local Sheriff's Deputy in the apprehension of a law breaker. In truth, the law breaker, the Deputy, and the Citizen were all killed in the same incident. Might I add, there were plenty of other people around that could have helped, but it was a Muslim that did, and he paid the price for being a good citizen!

In Afghanistan, that day when an American needed help, and the entire US Forces there in Afghanistan could not help, it was one solitary Afghani that came forward and risked his and his family's lives to save that Sailor! Go ahead, call him a Rag-Head, but what does that say about you, and the Constitution that you swore to defend?

Like I said before, people know when you are insulting them!

The Story:
...Meanwhile, a local shepherd who rescued the only member of the ambushed SEAL team to survive June 28, was reported in hiding after militants threatened to kill him.

Donnellan, the Marine commander, confirmed the fourth SEAL was sheltered by a villager, but he declined to elaborate. He didn't comment on the accounts of tribesmen who said shepherd Sher Alam was hiding from extremists.

"Men distributed leaflets around our village saying they were going to kill him," said Shah Wali, a neighbor. "His wife and children are being protected by others in the village, but Sher had to leave."

He said Alam was grazing his animals when he found the wounded commando hiding in the mountains after the ambush. Wali said the SEAL pointed his gun at Alam, but the shepherd raised his shirt to show he had no weapon and was not a threat.

Alam took the man to his home and bandaged his wounds, before walking to a nearby U.S. base to alert them, Wali said.

He said Alam, who is Pashtun, the same ethnicity as most Taliban fighters, gave sanctuary to the American because "it is our culture."

"We would help anyone who asks, anyone ... well, except Osama bin Laden because he damaged our country," Wali added

OLE SARG
08-13-05, 07:15 PM
One lone good deed does not off-set all the atrocities being committed by the RELIGIOUS muslim terrorists. Have no feelings for them at all and don't care how they die.

I've got a 20 year old Grandson headed to Fallujah the 24th of this month with the 22nd MEU. He will be in harm's way for a year and I will have to say my prejudice will probably surface. Sorry about that.

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

Nagalfar
08-13-05, 08:06 PM
I have to agree with Ole Sarg.. the silence that comes from the millions of muslims when evil is done in the name of Islam infers nothing less than they agree with it.. and 99% of them are silent.

Joseph P Carey
08-13-05, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by OLE SARG
One lone good deed does not off-set all the atrocities being committed by the RELIGIOUS muslim terrorists. Have no feelings for them at all and don't care how they die.

I've got a 20 year old Grandson headed to Fallujah the 24th of this month with the 22nd MEU. He will be in harm's way for a year and I will have to say my prejudice will probably surface. Sorry about that.

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

You know, Ole Sarge, You remind me of that pot bellied Sheriff we had down in Florida when I was a boy. They had found a Black Union leader in a Canal along Highway 84. The body was wrapped in chains when found. His comment to the press was, "Leave it to a N____r to steal more chains than he can swim with!"

Now, we all know that the Union Leader was not stealing chains, and as strange as it might sound, that murder went unsolved!

As far as Iraq goes, there are plenty of people lining up to fight the 'Religious Fanatics' in country, Jeez, Ole Sarge, I didn't know they had that many Christians in that country, but someone is lining up to fight the Fanatics! Who the heck are they?

As far as I understand our mission, as it currently is in that country, we are supposed to be putting together THEIR army to have them win THEIR war! We can't do it for them and hand it to them! It just doesn't work any other way! I say to put the Iraqi Army in the mix, and let them get their bloody noses! That is the only way they can build a history for their units.

But, maybe you haven't noticed, I did! There are no more units of any size coming against anybody in that country any more. The insurgency is losing, and they know it. The best they can do now is plant bombs, and hope to get a piece of the negotiated peace table.

In truth, what the Iraqis need now is an intelligence service that can go after the bombers. Until they get that done, the war will go on against a rather small insurgency.

Words like Rag-heads don't win any help from the population!

hrscowboy
08-16-05, 04:19 PM
It dont matter what we call them ragheads, towel heads gooks chinks whats the difference there still the enemy and if they dont like it tuff shlitz. I am damn sure they have names for us so it dont matter... I will call them the way i see it...

Fox 2/23
08-16-05, 05:14 PM
hey Ole Sarg, best wishes to you, your family and your grandson, we will keep him in our hearts til he gets back