PDA

View Full Version : What do You think

recon101
08-11-05, 04:44 PM
Dear Marines,

first of all i want to say that i am not a Marine. Im a 25yo student from Germany who has lots of american friends and has a strong relation to the USA. I have 3 little brothers (22,18,9). My parents r divorced and my dad runs his own company there and ive been to the states lots of times.
I wanted to start the MEP a few months ago and my plan was to join the corps and do my part to support the US. As im half jewish, i also had plans before to join the IDF, but for some reasons due to my age i was not able to (MAHAL2000 program)

My plan was to join ROTC but i would have had to wait for more than a year regarding MEP. Finally, i would be to old to join the corp to become an Officer of the greatest warriors in the world.
So i decided to finish my studies and then take my part in the war on terror.

I had the great pleasure to meet one of your fine comrads in this forum by the way. He told my some things and it was very interesting. But for time reasons i did not keep up the contact.
( I will email u soon !!)

Well, now that You know me a little, my questions is:
It may sound weird but i have a flag pole where i have the star spangled banner on it. To show how i think and to show my support and my commitments to the USMC, i d like to flag the USMC flag. And as there r great merchandisings id like to buy some t-shirts and stuff like that.
But on the other hand, i think that to raise the flag and not being a Marine doesnt fit. I think its not, how to speak, respectfull enough. The USMC is full of honor and pride, so many Marines die every day and i dont want to disrespect you in wearing cool USMC shirts and having ur flag in front of my house without being a Marine. I dont want to do this for "fashion" reasons or because its cool to show the eagle,anchor and globe while im sitting here in my quiet neighborhood, drinking german beer, have my girl with me and nothing bad really bothers me and u people r dying. Would be strange i think.

What do u think? May sound to enthusiastic but id like to know what u think of it. U earned the right todecide i think.

Well, please let me know and ill respect ur thoughts.

cheers,
gregor

Joseph P Carey
08-11-05, 08:50 PM
I don't know what to say to you Gregor! I do know, as well as everyone on this web, that we need the support! Maybe, not manpower, but surly the support of our allies, whom had it been in the plan of things, we would have laid down our lives for, as we have done in the past.

Maybe, a few good words at a local rally, where they say we, the Americans, are becoming an Imperial Power might help!

It would also help to bring to mind to the European crowds that the US does not own one square foot of England, France, Germany, Japan, Korea or any other nation that our fathers and sons have died protecting, with exception of our embassies that are stoned, and protested against, on a regular basis by people upset with our policies to promote democracy around the world.

You might also remind the Germans of the Berlin Airlift that supported the City of Berlin during the blockade by the Soviets, who had hoped to use the weapon of starvation against the German people in order to subjugate the German People!

Sometimes memories are very short of how it is that the Americans may have come as fighters, but they did not imprison, nor did they install a puppet government, but instead they gave the country back to the peoples of those countries that we helped or we conquered.

That is not about to change in Iraq, nor in Afghanistan, any time soon. We will be gone as soon as the governments are able to handle their own affairs. It is not the American way to rape a country's resources, or to put their people to work as slave labor for our benefit. It would be good to have someone, anyone, stand up for us for a change, and to tell the Europeans what this world would be like without the USA, and the people of the USA.

We give everything, including our blood, our children, our fathers, and our brothers, and all we ask in return is their friendship and support! The Europeans have gotten one hell of a deal, and it appears to us that they just do not care for our friendship! Least wise, until the next time the Americans are needed!

You want to help us, tell this to the Europeans!

I apologize for my bad manners, but I really wanted to say this to someone in Europe for a long time. You just happened to be the first one to ask what can he do to help the USA!

Remember President Kennedy in his speech from Berlin, and President Reagan's "Bring down this wall!" Ask your friends in Germany, just what we received for these fine people, and our Army protecting the German People, and just who it was that helped the German People unite as one country, and remind them that these are the same people that brought all Europeans to be united together, and not at war with each other?

dcline
08-11-05, 09:32 PM
well stated

dcline
08-11-05, 09:35 PM
oh and use the flag with the bulldog till you earn the right to wear the EGA

jcarrasco
08-11-05, 10:32 PM
Gregor,maybe your heart and intentions are in the right place .I am a Marine (69-72) However Ive always respected my fellow Marines who were actually in Vietnam. I did not. I feel I CAN NOT measure up to their experiences and sacrafices they went through. So you see some things might have to go undone. However for you there is still hope in the future.

jinelson
08-11-05, 11:24 PM
Gregor I have explained my admiration for you in emails a while back and I appluad your motivation. We are all Marines and measure the same regardless of combat experience, we are a brotherhood of the strong who take care of the weak. I am touched by your zeal and desire to be my brother.

Jim

recon101
08-12-05, 08:19 AM
Thank u all for sharing ur thoughts with me, especially jinelson.
I want to say that here in Germany most people just dont know why it is so important to support the US. The older people still are paralized from ww2 and r against all kind of military actions. Of course, THEY started the war, they voted for hitler, the most of them even believed in racism and white arian supremacy. but the masses r easy to manipulate and not all "Krauts" were bad people. How can a 15yo "Hitlerjunge" be a bad person? He just doesnt know better. Same thing around the world. 15yo F****** terrorist is blinded by the thoughts of 70yo blind leaders and even most iranian young people want to live the american way of life i guess. no one wants to live under a dictatorship with crazy a justice like the damn sharia.
But, let me tell u that, u r completely right in what u r saying about the europeans. I wrote a long essay at university for my graduation that was very important. it was " the arrogant empire? - US foreign policy under G.W. Bush". I discussed the NMD and the National Security Strategy plus actuall issues at that time.
This didnt make me very popular at school as it was at the beginning of Operation Iraqi Freedom. A good friend of my american friends is Major General Bruce K. Scott, US Army (ret.)
and he congratulated me and said it was very well written.
I was the only one who completelly supported war on afghanistan and iraq and if id be in command it would be more agressive, believe me.
The letter General Chuck Pitman wrote mirrored exactly what i think.
it is too true that most europeans just forget how much u did for europe. Not only in ww2 but also in the war in kosovo ( 800 of 1200 military jets used in kosovo were from the US. and it was just 500 miles away from the german border. it was not a US issue but the europens were unable to stop a genozid on there own. No one can say it was for economic reasons cos there is nothing important there. Plus they were all muslims and got rescued by the US......)
well, the european problem is still caused by not having a bottom line. france still thinks its a global player with much influence and much effort in the war on terror, but in some cities they have such a strong extremistic muslim community (from lebanon till pakistan ) that the government has to be very carefully in there politics.
most countries still think they could make a deal with these terrorists..........

i respect and understand you and i agree with you. europeans should be much more thankful to you, especially the fighting men and women of your great country.

with best regards

gregor