thedrifter
08-10-05, 08:57 PM
22 Marines die in a week <br />
<br />
Courtesy of Mark aka The Fontman <br />
<br />
Enemy fields 600-pound weapons, shaped charges <br />
<br />
AL ASAD AIR BASE, Iraq - Lance Cpl. Edward Schroeder liked helping people and...

marinefamily5
08-11-05, 05:33 AM
"Bridges said these explosives are so large and powerful that no U.S. vehicle can withstand a direct hit, not even tanks. "They've upped the ante," he said."

"THERE UPPING THE ANTE".

well if they're upping the ante then we need to do something about......like i have always said just NUKE them and get it over with.

Joseph P Carey
08-11-05, 01:00 PM
Truthfully, it sounds like the insurgents have the mentality of a spoiled child. Their press write-ups were not what they expected as they bombed civilian after civilian, and it seemed they were losing the American Press. This rather large IED did the trick for them! Now, the press is back to calling the insurgent operations unbeatable again, when they can not even attack in larger numbers any longer. This is no more than the screaming and kicking of a spoiled child clambering for attention!

I would say the insurgency is fallen off, and it is the hard-liners that are all that is left. Even Ten or Fifteen thousand dedicated Hard-liners can make bombs and place them all over the country to make their number look greater than what they really are. I know, with unlimited munitions, I could make 100 dedicated men seem like an army, but what I could not fake was the actual frontal assaults by troops! I'd say they are pretty lean right now!

It is not upping the ante, it is an attention getting device!

003XXMarineDAD
08-11-05, 05:32 PM
As long as the main stream media reports the insurgency as winning the battle they get more bolder and will strike harder.
If the media would report the gains that our troops have made they could not spread the crap they do. If the media would have had the latitude they have now I wonder if we would have won WWll.